Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Shin Megami Tensei Series/Persona 3

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:04 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 04:04 PM #51 of 150
Ever heard of using some punctuation? The US Persona 2 is a direct sequel of a Japan-only Persona game, so there are most likely a lot of things that you can't understand. I've heard rumours of a PSP port of one of the persona games, and I really hope that it'll be Innocent sin (the Japan only one), since the chance of a US release will be relatively high.

How ya doing, buddy?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:09 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:09 AM #52 of 150
Hooray! Persona! A Shin Megami Tensai with actual storyline! ;D

Nocturne wore me thin >_>

Looks awesome ^__^ Can't wait.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:12 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 10:12 PM #53 of 150
Oh so that must be why eh, But yeah i should really try to finish those Persona 2 games, the storyline is good and all and i dont know why people keep on bashing Persona 2 for being a lame sequel, well if you actually dwell and spend time on it , the story becomes nice.

Shin Megami Tensei feels like Persona series minus the whole world blowing up.

How ya doing, buddy?
the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:54 AM #54 of 150
Shoji Meguro et al. could record a soundtrack with nothing but kazoo, and I would still buy it and love it as though it were my very own. ;_;

I anticipate!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
1 2 3 4, get down, get down...
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:33 AM #56 of 150
Your 3rd, 5th, and 7th links don't work. Judging from the rest, Persona 3 looks pretty nifty. I like the shifts between the normal everyday settings to the creepy mystical ones. The presence of cards worries me a bit, but hopefully it won't be one of those games where cards have a heavy impact on battle.

I haven't played Persona or Persona 2; are they roughly the same as other SMT games? I've heard both that it's a spinoff series and that they're translations of early SMT games, and I don't know which is true.

How ya doing, buddy?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:35 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 06:35 PM #57 of 150
There's a thread for Persona 3 located a bit below, should I ask a mod to merg them?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:21 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 01:21 PM #58 of 150
How the fuck did I miss this thread.

First time I came over a video game this year. Not only do we get Devil Summoner Kuzunoha, but Persona fucking 3? 2006 is a good year.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:29 PM #59 of 150
Sweet. Just sweet. 2006 will be an excellent year indeed.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:49 PM #60 of 150
Persona is a spinoff series and if the cards work any way like they did in 2 then they are used to unlock new persona in the Velvet Room (and add spells/stats at their creation).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:53 PM #61 of 150
Everything you really need to know about Innocent Sin is explained in Eternal Punishment. I'm not saying it isn't worth playing, though, as it was definitely better than EP. Still, EP is definitely the best "tacked on" (snicker) sequel I have ever seen. Without a doubt.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:02 PM #62 of 150
Now, that's some interesting news. I'm now really tempted to pick up that copy of Persona 2 I saw at the mall last week.

(Before you call me an idiot for not picking it up, that's because the mall is a 30-40 min drive away and that was the day I got DDS2)

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:32 PM #63 of 150
There's a trailer out too, I'm currently trying to get it, but it's going SLOW AS FUCK.

Persona 3 trailer

If anyone gets it before me, YSI plz. Thanks. :P

Just left click and the trailer download should pop right up

Oh btw. trailer is about 80+MB

FELIPE NO

Last edited by dagget; Mar 8, 2006 at 06:39 PM.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:38 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 06:38 PM #64 of 150
T'ain't working, dag ;___; WHY GOD?!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:40 PM #65 of 150
;_____________;

Well, I'm at 6% now. if it's still not working after I finish it, I'll upload it to some site.

I copied the URL strictly from the place I got it, I don't know why it not be working. ;_;

edit: 33% now, bout an hour and half left. Stupid dumb slow downloads.

I wonder if it's an outright anime trailer, kinda like (I guess) how Persona 2's was, except with Persona 2's I actually thought there was a Persona anime.

I should really finish start Persona 2 one day

Last edited by dagget; Mar 8, 2006 at 07:16 PM.
Duminas
Something

Member 29

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:07 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 04:07 PM #66 of 150
22%, here. According to wget, it should be done in about an hour (slow download ;_; ). I'll put it up somewhere when it's done.

Screenshots have me pretty interested, at least.

EDIT:
Done. Upping to YSI~

Need help using an FTP client? Look no further! ««

Last edited by Duminas; Mar 8, 2006 at 08:36 PM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:29 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 04:29 PM #67 of 150
Merged the Persona 3 and SMT Series thread for the sake of ease.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:47 PM #68 of 150
Originally Posted by ZeroSlash
Now, that's some interesting news. I'm now really tempted to pick up that copy of Persona 2 I saw at the mall last week.

(Before you call me an idiot for not picking it up, that's because the mall is a 30-40 min drive away and that was the day I got DDS2)
I saw the same copy, but the case was cracked all to hell. I can't imagine the game discs were much better, and it was still $30. I'd rather take my chances on trying to find it at a random flea market.

Most amazing jew boots
Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:11 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 06:11 PM #69 of 150
http://www.shinetworks.net/cgi-bin/s...i5/up17440.zip

I don't know if this is the same trailer above but it went pretty fast for me with this link, and my connection suck. This is 17 minutes by the way, haven't got a chance to look at all of it yet but so far it's looking pretty slick.

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:24 PM #70 of 150
If it's 85+MB then it probably is the same trailer. I'd stop and get that one, but I'm already 80% done with the initial one. :\ Thanks for providing an alternate link though!

The trailer is funky as hell, man. I really love the style they went with for it. :P I'll give it an upload afterwhile (to provide another alternate source) since I'm sure that it'll have to be uploaded to YSI a few times. :P

Last edited by dagget; Mar 8, 2006 at 08:57 PM.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:49 PM #71 of 150
Why is the art the same art style as Stella Deus? I mean I like Persona and all, but I can't fathom why they didn't use the token art that all the games have used thus far.

Anything that reminds me of Stella Deus can burn. ;_;

Most amazing jew boots
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:42 PM #72 of 150
Hey, it looks good though... Really, the art quality (not necessarily 'style', as some of the designs were really bad) was the only thing Stella Deus really had going for it. At least it's borrowing the best part and not something like the god awful gameplay or terrible music.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 07:09 AM #73 of 150
Originally Posted by Enkidu
I meant the graphics in general (dungeon, field), the battle graphics are okay, especially the persona manifestations.
Oh, okay. Haha, that's first-gen PS games for you.

Persona has the best enemy ever outside of Jack Frost: this little blue goblin dude that'll hula-dance at you as an attack. Respect.

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 07:12 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 02:12 PM #74 of 150
Some new information on Persona 3, thanks to RPGfan.

Quote:
Following a candid remark by Kazuyuki Yamai hinting at a brand new Persona game, Atlus today revealed what is now officially known as Persona 3. The PlayStation 2 title is produced and directed by Atlus veteran Katsura Hashino (who has worked on the Shin Megami Tensei series since Shin Megami Tensei ...if and served as director of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne), while Shigenori Soejima (whose track record includes Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Persona 2, and Stella Deus) serves as character designer and art director.

The game's protagonist is a high school student attending a private school on an island located close to the harbor city of Iwatodai. At first glance he lives a normal life as he attends school in the morning and then heads for the city to hang out with his friends in the afternoon. However, in the world of Persona 3 a day does not have 24 hours. In fact, every day at midnight the so-called Shadow Time begins. The lord of this time is the game's villain: A monster by the name of Shadow. While normal human beings don't realize its existence, the protagonist and his friends are apt at moving around in this Shadow Time. After being attacked by Shadow, the 17-year old acquires this ability and because of his extraordinary capability becomes the leader of a unit set up to defeat Shadow. Other playable characters include the protagonist's fellow Junpei Iori (who can summon the Persona Hermes) and the optimstic and cheerful heroine Yukari (whose Persona is known as Io).

During the day players will attend school and after the club activities in the afternoon they are able to move around freely in town, visiting various locations, such as the school, the station or the local Shinto Shrine.
At night, when the Shadow Time begins, the world around the protagonists changes and the battle for the future begins. A mysterious tower known as Tartaros Director also exists in this world. Hashino explains that the Shadow Time is basically an extension of the spiritual world highlighted in previous Persona games. Character designer Soejima mentions that it was his aim to create a world that was neither science-fiction nor fantasy-themed from the very beginning. Instead he wanted to create a stylish modern-day world. In total the game will cover a one-year period which translates into a playing time of more than 50 hours, according to Atlus. The game will try to emulate a student's life in a realistic way, by throwing exams, school festivals and illnesses such as a cold at the player.

An important aspect of the game are so-called Communities. If the player manages to befriend community NPCs, he can level up his community levels. A high community level will translate into being able to raise more powerful Personas.

Persona 3 will let players fuse multiple Personas. Therefore the player needs to bring two or more Persona cards to the Velvet Room. Those Persona cards can be obtained by defeating Shadow in battle. Once the player obtains a new Persona card, the creature residing within the card can be summoned. After a victorious fight, players might have to choose among five different Persona cards. Up to four party members can take part in a battle.

Persona 3 is currently 75% complete and on track for a July 13th release in Japan.

the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:06 AM #75 of 150
Interesting; I was wondering why the screenshots were showing dates in the corner of the screen. I'm not really one for the whole "save the world before time runs out" thing, but I trust Atlus to pull it off well.

1 2 3 4, get down, get down...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Shin Megami Tensei Series/Persona 3