Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Twisted Metal: Head On

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 11, 2008, 06:30 AM #1 of 8
Twisted Metal: Head On

I literally shit myself when I saw this game as I was browsing for price drops at Gamestop.com. I had no clue that Incog had developed any kind of Twisted Metal game since Black, and am stunned that Head On had been on the PSP since 2005. You can't blame me since I never bought a PSP and didn't follow any of the system's news, but luckily, Head On is being ported to the PS2 and will be released on the 5th of February for...what...$20. Amazing.

According to Wikipedia, this was actually the true sequel to Twisted Metal 2, and features classic characters such as Crimson Fury. I just shit myself again. And apparently, the game even includes bonus features, such as deleted live-action footage from Twisted Metal.

Sorry, but this has suddenly become my most anticipated video game release since forever.

Quote:
The game will feature the ability to leave the ice cream truck and play on foot as Sweet Tooth's driver, Needles Kane.
Wow. My mind has just left my body.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2008, 05:06 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2008, 03:06 AM #2 of 8
I didn't know his name was Needles. That's very interesting.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Nall
Robotic Operating Buddy

Member 24431

Level 13.42

Sep 2007

Old Jan 12, 2008, 08:13 PM 1 #3 of 8

am i doin it rite?

Looks pretty cool. I'm like you, totally overlooked this. Granted, I was never much into the vehicular combat stuff but Twisted Metal 2 *was* pretty rad, especially the characters. Bonus features too, huh? I love it when developers throw in that kind of stuff for the fans. Incog says it'll be out in February, but they haven't decided if it will keep the Network play option from the PSP version. Not likely since the PS hard drive went the way of the dodo, but at least it has all the extra stuff.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Jan 12, 2008, 08:22 PM #4 of 8
Not likely since the PS hard drive went the way of the dodo, but at least it has all the extra stuff.
Um, the hard drive shouldn't have anything to do with Network play.

I certainly liked the game on PSP, it was thankfully easier than Black (which I could never get into, even though I loved the cinematics and individual storylines).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Nall
Robotic Operating Buddy

Member 24431

Level 13.42

Sep 2007

Old Jan 12, 2008, 08:35 PM #5 of 8
Quote:
Um, the hard drive shouldn't have anything to do with Network play.

I was thinking of the HDD/Network Adapter unit. My baaaad.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2008, 08:53 PM #6 of 8
I like how the game reveals that Twisted Metal: Harbor City (Black 2) was never released because a group of the developers died in a plane crash. What. It's ok, Calypso actually just sent them into outer space, since they failed to top Twisted Metal 2.

Anyway, Head On is pretty dissapointing, cause the art direction and stages just lack the darkness of the original series. Of course the game starts with a dumb rock concert. Luckily the gameplay is still good, although I'm too dumb to beat Tower Tooth.

Thank god Twisted Metal has been announced for PS3, with on-foot missions and online play.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 02:18 PM Local time: Feb 16, 2008, 01:18 PM #7 of 8
Any reason I should get this version over the PSP version? (I just got a PSP.)

Most amazing jew boots
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2008, 03:13 PM #8 of 8
Uh, yeah.

It comes with updated textures, and lots of bonus features such as unreleased levels and franchise history.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Twisted Metal: Head On