Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Odin Sphere - Hot sex from Atlus

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:39 AM #26 of 240
Wow, this is certainly an unexpected game to look forward to. I've never read anything about Princess Crown, but those graphics look amazing and when done right I'm a big fan of RPGs that seperate the story out into chapters for each character, occassionally tying them together.

Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Personally, I'd like a concrete date rather what we've got now, since then we know they're aiming for a specific point rather than teetering on releasing it or not.
According to RPGamer's article, the Japanese release date is May 17th. Still nothing concrete for the NA release, but it'll be after that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 09:28 AM #27 of 240
Wow, this is certainly an unexpected game to look forward to. I've never read anything about Princess Crown, but those graphics look amazing and when done right I'm a big fan of RPGs that seperate the story out into chapters for each character, occassionally tying them together.

According to RPGamer's article, the Japanese release date is May 17th. Still nothing concrete for the NA release, but it'll be after that.
Thanks for the heads up. When I was looking for more info on this, I got a whole slew of dates from March '07 to Sept '07 and that May date was one of them.

Edit: New scans/screenshots for Odin Sphere. Thank the good folks over @ GAF for these. Looks incredible. Oh, drohne from GAF explained what technique they're using for the animation and how they could do it without hiring animators and bumping the dev cost through the roof:

Originally Posted by drohne @ GAF
princess crown used multi-jointed sprites, sort of like the bosses in old treasure games, which meant the animations didn't have to be individually drawn. this seems to be the same way. that's probably why they can produce such gorgeous original art on what i assume is a fairly modest budget.

Odin Sphere Official site (JP)

Odin Sphere Official site

Main Characters

Gwendolyn

Quote:
Daughter of the Demon Lord Odin, sorcerer king, and a princess of the Kingdom of Ragnanival in the frozen north. She is a courageous Valkyrie whose name is known and feared on the battlefield, yet her older sister Griselda is even more skilled in the ways of war. Growing up in her sister's shadow has led Gwendolyn to be quiet and reserved, but she will stand up against anyone when necessary.
Cornelius

Quote:
The prince of the kingdom of Titania. One day, Cornelius awoke to discover that he was in a land he had never seen before, and he had been transformed into a beast. His love for Velvet, a foreign princess, drove him to make his way home, yet he feared in his heart that she would stop loving him if she knew what he had become. Cornelius is a serious young man with a strong sense of justice, but his youth leads him to hold naive, idealistic views.
Mercedes

Quote:
The princess of the Fairy Kingdom of Ringford, and next in line to be Queen. She is a bit timid, but won't hesitate to act recklessly to prove her abilities to her mother. Following her mother's death, Mercedes is forced to become Queen at an early age. She strives to become a mature and strong leader to live up to the memory of her mother.
Oswald

Quote:
A cold-blooded human warrior serving the Fairy Kingdom of Ringford, Oswald is renowned and feared as the Shadow Knight, the man who slew a great dragon. He was abandoned as a child, but was taken in by Melvin, nephew to the Fairy Queen Elfaria. He is a stoic man who lives to serve his adopted father, and cares little for the consequences of the actions he is ordered to perform. As a result of his training and skill, he places little value in his own life.
Velvet

Quote:
The surviving princess of the kindom of Valentine, which was mysteriously destroyed in a magical explosion. To hide her identity she fled to the forest of Elrit , and became known as the Forest Witch. She pieces together the prophecies foretelling the end of the world. Though usually serene and composed, she is now desperately trying to figure out a course of action that will somehow halt the Armageddon. She detests her father, Odin, because his actions caused the death of her mother.
Screenshots
Spoiler:

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Feb 14, 2007 at 04:36 PM.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 02:18 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 12:18 PM 1 #28 of 240
English website is up WITH English screenshots. Atlus is going quick with this one.

http://www.atlus.com/odinsphere/

Spoiler:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 03:22 PM #29 of 240
English website is up WITH English screenshots. Atlus is going quick with this one.

http://www.atlus.com/odinsphere/
Spoiler:

Heh, I just got down talking to Tritoch about how long this may take to show up. By the looks of it, they're trying to get this out of the door quickly. Anyways, looks like they've got the character art up without the backgrounds. The screens on the English site look like they've been blown up or something (blurry, more aliasing than the screenshots above, etc).

I'll update the post above with the character art/names/info.

Edit: Just noticed that Oswald seems to be the only one who's not royalty, as well as having the typical "unknown past" introduction/info. On top of that, his description makes him out to be older than the others or at least more world-weary.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Feb 14, 2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:31 PM #30 of 240
Here's 15 more pictures from the world section of the website that you missed. =)
Spoiler:

Also, lol'n at Miles for hotlinking from Atlus' website.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:37 PM #31 of 240
Here's 15 more pictures from the world section of the website that you missed. =)
Spoiler:

Also, lol'n at Miles for hotlinking from Atlus' website.
Wow, you hosted all of these up on imagesocket? I just linked them from their site too.

She looks ghastly. The only thing keeping her from being a green skeleton is her face, because aside from that, you can see her spine and hands/arms are skeletal. Awesome art for what's probably going to be a dark queen or whatever.

FELIPE NO

Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:07 PM #32 of 240
Wow, you hosted all of these up on imagesocket? I just linked them from their site too.
Unless I personally know the person who I'm hotlinking from (like perhaps the possibility of Merv if he hosted pictures that I wanted to use or Blah for mp3 tags) and that their site is reliable I don't hotlink. It's just good Internet etiquette and saves you from a lot of avoidable crap like hotlink blockers and website death. Also, I don't use imageshack as much these days since a bunch of people around here can't seem to access it anymore.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:43 PM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 09:43 PM #33 of 240
Wow, I'm really excited now! It looks like the localization for this is going to be pretty damn good. I'm certain I'll be picking this up as soon as it comes out, and from the looks of it, that will be fairly soon.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Oh shit.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:50 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2007, 05:50 PM #34 of 240
It's weird. The shadows make the 2D sprites look like 3D characters.

I wonder why they're pushing for it to be released.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:05 AM Local time: Feb 14, 2007, 10:05 PM #35 of 240
Unless I personally know the person who I'm hotlinking from (like perhaps the possibility of Merv if he hosted pictures that I wanted to use or Blah for mp3 tags) and that their site is reliable I don't hotlink. It's just good Internet etiquette and saves you from a lot of avoidable crap like hotlink blockers and website death. Also, I don't use imageshack as much these days since a bunch of people around here can't seem to access it anymore.
Honestly, I don't think Atlus cares. We're promoting their game here, which in turn will help improve sells. They're probably excited to see fans hotlinking screenshots on active forums.

Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:36 AM #36 of 240
Possibly. It's not like they can't monitor traffic from a link to their website from threads that is more than likely to be placed hailing reputable forums. Then again it's not like they provide public press kits to help prevent such hotlinking.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 01:57 AM #37 of 240
Ah, well I generally save only a few screenshots/pieces of art and host them on photobucket. In cases like these, I don't think (as Miles said) they'd mind the increased exposure they net for their title.

Old Feb 15, 2007, 02:14 AM #38 of 240
True. However, what if it had only worked for Miles as he posted since the pictures were in his cache and Atlus had put up a hotlinking blocker? My no hotlinking policy prevents any cases of that. Just something to keep in mind.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 02:20 AM #39 of 240
True. However, what if it had only worked for Miles as he posted since the pictures were in his cache and Atlus had put up a hotlinking blocker? My no hotlinking policy prevents any cases of that. Just something to keep in mind.
Oh, that's happened to me before, though not with any company's site. Folks here just pointed out that they couldn't see anything and told me to clear my cache to see what they meant.

If it happens? Eh, not like there's much wrong with picking the screenshots/art you think is best and linking to it for those who want more.

FELIPE NO

Old Feb 15, 2007, 02:24 AM #40 of 240
Well, I think in you're missing the point that I don't like taking those chances and I don't like seeing it happen either since it's very easy to prevent.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 02:31 AM Local time: Feb 15, 2007, 08:31 PM #41 of 240

2 clicks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 09:22 AM #42 of 240
Well, I think in you're missing the point that I don't like taking those chances and I don't like seeing it happen either since it's very easy to prevent.
Eh, personal preference. I rarely hotlink images in the first place, let alone this many. If a blocker is in place, it's easy to fix and get some pictures showing again.

How ya doing, buddy?

Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:30 AM #43 of 240
True enough that it's easy to fix but please read my post again.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:22 PM #44 of 240
True enough that it's easy to fix but please read my post again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcerBandit
Wait, you mean following proper netiquette with regards to hotlinking? Can't say I've thought about it like that, since my goal is just to get the pictures up. And if they get blocked? I'll host a few myself. It doesn't bother me when I see it happening.

Though much of that apathy is probably due to uploading being a chore on this connection.

Most amazing jew boots

Old Feb 15, 2007, 01:01 PM #45 of 240
Well, that's good. I know that you are at least responsible. I just have my scruples. Also, I like taking stupid shots at Miles because I less than three him so.

Hotlinking is the easiest solution unless you have some sort of insta-host and copy hosted image location macro built into firefox or something.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 01:09 PM Local time: Feb 16, 2007, 07:09 AM #46 of 240
Not to mention it's extremely inconsiderate and hogs bandwidth of other sites.

My rotating touhou sig? 5.2 gb in a month and a half. Gamingforce is populars.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 02:27 PM #47 of 240
Well, that's good. I know that you are at least responsible. I just have my scruples. Also, I like taking stupid shots at Miles because I less than three him so.

Hotlinking is the easiest solution unless you have some sort of insta-host and copy hosted image location macro built into firefox or something.
That little imageshack thing Elixir put up would definitely trump hotlinking in terms of use it could be configured for any other hosting site. If this is already the case, would someone be so kind as to provide a link?

Quote:
Not to mention it's extremely inconsiderate and hogs bandwidth of other sites.
Yup, that's the internet for you. While I was aware of many unwritten rules of conduct, I didn't know there was an actual list of these things.

FELIPE NO

Twilight's Twin
Deicidal Maniac

Member 16068

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 09:13 PM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 09:13 PM #48 of 240
*scroll scroll scroll*

Yeah so well anyway...

That music on the website is BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely can not wait for this.

Observation: All of the characters' weapons are made up of big jewels. Hmm...

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:40 PM #49 of 240
While the graphics look spectacular, I'm particularly excited at the new Sakimoto score, since the website preview tune is gorgeous.

Our friend Cubed was good enough to rip the song file from the .swf, to boot: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d62xzq.

How ya doing, buddy?
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:53 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 08:53 PM #50 of 240
My god, this looks like a storybook come to life. Bad time to be a poor about-to-be grad student, because if the gameplay holds up, I'm so there.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Odin Sphere - Hot sex from Atlus