Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Odin Sphere - Hot sex from Atlus

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:53 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 10:53 AM 2 #1 of 240
Odin Sphere - Hot sex from Atlus

Once upon a time there was this really awesome game called Princess Crown released by Atlus on the Sega Saturn and PSP. This game never saw the light of day here in the states. Vanillaware and Atlus are teaming up again to make a new game on the PS2. Get ready for some super high quality 2D graphics:

You'd think a cool 2D game like this would never come to America, right? The whole game is 2D and SCEA likes to turn down 2D games. Well, it is. Atlus was very quick to announce a US release for the fans. And it's coming before Persona 3.

Quote:
Odin Sphere Announced ATLUS U.S.A., INC. SIGNS
ODIN SPHERE
The Prophecy Must Die

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — FEBRUARY 9, 2007 — Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced the acquisition of the North American publishing rights to Odin Sphere, an Action RPG designed exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and slated to be in retail stores in late spring of 2007.

Odin Sphere is developed by Vanillaware, makers of the amazing Princess Crown for the Sega Saturn, and features beautiful hand-drawn artwork put into motion to tell an epic tale of power, loss, and love. The game is rated “T” by the ESRB for Mild Language, Fantasy Violence, Suggestive Themes, and Use of Alcohol.

About Odin Sphere:
The nations of Erion had always held an uneasy peace, as the various kings and queens watched each other for any signs of weakness. When the country of Valentine is obliterated by the power of an ancient artifact, it sparks a bloody war between the fairies of Ringford and the warriors of Ragnanival. Little do they know that they are acting out an almost-forgotten prophecy: one that, if fulfilled, will lead to the destruction of the entire world. Take control of the warrior princess Gwendolyn, daughter of Odin, and follow the threads of an intricately woven story as you uncover the truth behind the prophecy – and how to bring it to an end.

Odin Sphere Key Features:
• Gorgeous hand-drawn artwork and animations!
• Intense side-scrolling action with astonishing attacks and magic effects!
• Fully-voiced dialogue that heightens the drama!
• Fantastic bosses that tower over the protagonists!
• Five playable characters in all; each one’s fate is intertwined with the others’!
• A robust cooking and alchemy system that can be used to create powerful attack and recovery items!

# # #
About Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
Located in Irvine, California and founded in 1991, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. is a publisher of video games for a variety of platforms, including the Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Xbox™. Atlus U.S.A, Inc.'s library of critically acclaimed video games includes Riviera: The Promised Land, Trauma Center: Under the Knife, Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, and the award-winning Shin Megami Tensei series. For more information, visit www.atlus.com.

© 2007 ATLUS Odin Sphere is a registered trademark of Atlus USA. ”PlayStation” and the “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment. The rating icons are trademarks of the Entertainment Software Association.
=O~

Official US Website:
http://www.atlus.com/odinsphere/

How ya doing, buddy?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:05 PM #2 of 240
YOU JUST MADE ME SHIT MY PANTS.

COME HERE, GIVE ME YOUR WALLET. YOU OWE ME FOR MY DRY CLEANING BILL.

Seriously, though. I was about to yell at you for posting a thread about a cool game that would never ever ever come here, but then you turn around and show a US release date.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:11 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 12:11 PM #3 of 240
I was so hyped when I saw this game was coming over. I've been eye-balling it for a while.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:29 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 08:29 PM #4 of 240
I want to see this moving. Those characters look so nice, I'm terrified the game uses some bizarro animation technique that'll make them move like badly done flash animation D:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:42 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 11:42 AM #5 of 240
Only video on youtube. No sound either.

YouTube Video

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:48 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 01:48 PM #6 of 240
I hope for a Japanese voice track. Most of the vocally translated games I've tried lately have made me cringe

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 02:07 PM #7 of 240
Holy shit, talk about a bait-and-switch. The animation looks absolutely godly, or at least not-bad. Hopefully the music/voices are decent, because so far it looks nice.

Where did that SCEA 2D game myth come from in the first place? They're unlikely to publish niche titles, many of which are 2D. It has more to do with what people buy over here, than anything else.

Googled Odin Sphere and found a thread on GAF with some scans.
Spoiler:

FELIPE NO

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Feb 10, 2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 06:07 PM #8 of 240
Okay, I rarely get all that interested in RPGs but the unique approach to graphics have got me. I need to know when this is coming out.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 06:18 PM #9 of 240
Okay, I rarely get all that interested in RPGs but the unique approach to graphics have got me. I need to know when this is coming out.
Quote:
IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — FEBRUARY 9, 2007 — Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced the acquisition of the North American publishing rights to Odin Sphere, an Action RPG designed exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and slated to be in retail stores in late spring of 2007.
Personally, I'd like a concrete date rather what we've got now, since then we know they're aiming for a specific point rather than teetering on releasing it or not.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 08:13 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 06:13 PM #10 of 240
Acer just wants it because one of the characters is a furry.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 08:17 PM #11 of 240
Cornelius? Yeah, but according to the 1UP article on this game, he's not even a "furry" but some transformed guy. About that article, it definitely went into more detail about various aspects of the game. The story flow apparently tracks each of the characters in chapters, though there are definitely parts that link each of them together.

Oh and item use apparently can turn the tide of battle easily, though leveling also works.

Furry, loli, oldman Odin, this game has something for everybody. =/

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Feb 10, 2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:12 PM #12 of 240
What? No. It's all about the butterfly wings flowers ladies. Don't try to paste me with your terrible tastes, Miles.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:13 PM #13 of 240

those are sprites?

=o

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:19 AM #14 of 240

those are sprites?

=o
Ah, I completely forgot to link to the 1UP article and the special mention of the sprites in this game. Needless to say, I was surprised that they're as big as they say.

1UP Preview of Odin Sphere

Originally Posted by 1UP
Odin Sphere has a unique look for a modern RPG. Each beautifully drawn background is a stage for your performance, painted with a wide range of colors and lighting techniques. The main characters are all large sprites standing half a screen tall, while bosses and other characters are even larger -- some occupying the full height of the screen.
Look at Odin or what looks like the fairy queen, as examples of NPC enormity or that big monster in the teaser/trailer.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 01:46 AM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 11:46 PM #15 of 240
I don't know what this game really is, but I want to rape myself now. Who the hell told me about Princess Crown before, oh yes, it was SOLDIER, and I was like what?, and now I see what all the fuss is all about. Those are some sexy graphics.

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 04:54 AM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 07:54 PM #16 of 240
Whoa, dude, those graphics are some of the best (2D) I've seen. I will be perplexed if this game comes to PAL regions. Perplexed, I tell you. With graphics like that and a score by Hitoshi Sakimoto, it's hard not to assume greatness from Odin Sphere.

LivingDreams
Chocobo

Member 520

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:51 AM #17 of 240
This game looks good, I hope it comes out soon.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eat glass.
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:47 AM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 04:47 AM #18 of 240
The artistic style of the backgrounds reminds me very strongly of Worms Armageddon. Very pretty. And with Hitoshi Sakimoto to boot. I will have to get this.

Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:24 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 09:24 AM #19 of 240
Sakimoto? Giant beautiful sprites!? I feel my soul putting up the for-sale sign. Give now.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:30 PM #20 of 240
time to buy a PS2 and a tv in/out card, cuz damn

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 01:31 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 08:31 PM #21 of 240
I still refuse to believe those are actual sprites. The little movement you see in the trailer was with one of those animals and that was made of polygons. I keep thinking they're 3D models made to look like 2D, or perhaps flat polygons like Parappa and ilk.

Still, Sakimoto on music will at least force me to get the music.

ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:58 AM #22 of 240
I saw this game on a list of upcoming titles from atlus around E3 last year. The only description I got about it was a 2D action RPG which sounded good at the time. Now, after seeing those screen shots and getting some more information about it, I can say that looks to be a new source of crack for me.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:05 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 08:05 PM #23 of 240
Miles just wants it because one of the characters is a furry.

Also, this game needs more proper art. I can't find any absolutely anywhere, and trust me, I have fucking sources up the wazoo in the art department of games. I guess it's way too early for that.

Also none of these look like sprites and I'm constantly reminded of Dawn of Mana for some reason. Probably the green atmosphere.

FELIPE NO
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:30 AM #24 of 240
This game looks amazing. Those big monsters at the end of the Youtube video, the way they moved wow. I can't wait to play this! This is the kind of 2D game I've been dying for. I know of Princess Crown and wanted to play it but never had the chance to get it at a reasonable price.

Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:50 AM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 09:50 PM #25 of 240
Jesus, that game looks well drawn and knowing who the music composer is only sweetened the deal. For a long time I thought I was done buying ps2 rpg's, thanks Miles for proving me wrong!

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Odin Sphere - Hot sex from Atlus