Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Phantasy Star Universe

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:38 PM #51 of 1372
great is no cd, I'll check to find a torrent for this game ^^ I'm a little short on money lately and this game really interest me but it's not my priority so I'll try downloading it for at least if possible the offline adventure and will probably the it later...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:24 PM #52 of 1372
I'm trying to force my way through the account setup, since it's so overloaded with people signing up. It was nice and easy before my classes, I should have registered up while it was installing. :<

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:31 PM #53 of 1372
Only problem I had aside from that DHCP thing was when the game searches for any updates. I get an error, and I have to hit Retry a few times before it gets going. Only takes about a minute, but it's pretty annoying. It's annoying enough that I have to manually connect every time, unlike FFXI (which automatically connects you all the way up to the main menu).

I was speaking idiomatically.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:02 PM #54 of 1372
Well, just about every MMO has lots of problems like this on their first day. I fixed my patching problem by turning off a few internet security programs. Now the server seems to be down though. >_< I'll be working for about 2 hours then i'll be back for some gaming. If anyone wants to meet up, hit me up on aim.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:11 PM #55 of 1372
Anyone else unable to connect now? When it gets to authenticating my Sega ID, it says "Failed to recognize Sega ID. The srevers may be undergoing maintenence." It says the servers are online on the main site, though.

I'm chalking this all up to first day problems, but I expect things to be smoother later on.

FELIPE NO
Parn
Tune in... Turn on... Drop out!

Member 2802

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:31 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 07:31 PM #56 of 1372
One of the mods at Sega mentioned that the authentication servers are being worked on right now.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Frylock
Syklis Green

Member 1779

Level 8.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:08 PM #57 of 1372
Is this game ANYTHING like pso where you could use your own character for story mode and online play? Or does story mode follow a linear path with set characters?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:13 PM #58 of 1372
Story mode has a linear path with set characters, but as you progress you unlock "Extra Mode" which you can play through missions as a custom made character.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Frylock
Syklis Green

Member 1779

Level 8.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:51 PM #59 of 1372
Awww shieet.

I guess I have to get a guardian's account right away to make use of a custom character. =/ I was hoping to level while playing story mode.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 09:23 PM #60 of 1372
I told Miles I'd pop back in for this thread, so here I am :P

Finally got home and done with other stuff, popped in the PS2 version, and of course it's down, which I pretty much expected. The weekly maintenance is usually 5 hours on Thursday nights, so if I don't get to play it tonight or tommorrow online (I work during the day) I'm going to be pretty annoyed At least I'm off Fri-Sun with no obligations. Miles, maybe start a character list in the first post with people's character names/versions?

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 06:32 PM #61 of 1372
Five hours THURSDAY nights? Lame sauce. Should be like WoW, where it's early in the morning. I just picture more people playing a game during the day and well into the evening.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 09:35 PM #62 of 1372
Did that mod say how long the maintenence was today? I still can't get on due to the Sega ID problem.

EDIT: Game's back up. I gotta shower now, so I'll be on around 10 min. I'll be happy to talk or do missions with anyone who looks me up (Darius Forge).

The CASTs have awesome designs. I might create a seperate CAST character later.

Last edited by Soldier; Oct 25, 2006 at 10:22 PM.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:27 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 07:27 PM #63 of 1372
I have to say, cut-in chat makes awesome avatars

How ya doing, buddy?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:43 PM #64 of 1372
Originally Posted by Kurado
Five hours THURSDAY nights? Lame sauce. Should be like WoW, where it's early in the morning. I just picture more people playing a game during the day and well into the evening.
Maybe the servers are in Japan, so it's more easier their time? Dunno. Normally I wouldn't really mind, just having it the day after the US release (which was largely down the whole day) is crappy timing the first week is all. I still can't get online at all, keeps saying my Sega ID/pass is incorrect, even though I know it's not. Plus I can't even doublecheck it since I'd have to be able to get onto the billing site to confirm my password. Awesome, guess I'm offline until Friday (work). At least gives me time to hopefully finish Yakuza.

Are you getting this Kurado?

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:50 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 07:50 PM #65 of 1372
Maybe when I get my 360, which I hope I can get before Christmas. Realistically, I'll have to wait FOR Christmas since I'm kind of broke at the moment. A large purchase like that would be weak. I don't really want to run this on my PS2.

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:51 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 08:51 PM #66 of 1372
Okay, it seems like a lot of people are having issues getting online, including myself. I guess we should start a list of names of players and think up a Universe to stick to. I'll edit the first post as people post their character info and version here. Maybe post something like this:

Character Name: kilometers
Race: Human
Battle Type: Hunter
Game Version: PC/PS2 Version

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:53 PM #67 of 1372
Originally Posted by Kurado
I don't really want to run this on my PS2.
Why the hell not? I'm telling you to get it.

I know I'll be making a RAcast, but not sure about a name yet. Do you happen to recall offhand the character limit for names Miles?

Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:59 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 07:59 PM #68 of 1372
Character Name: Cobalt Katze
Race: Beast
Battle Type: Hunter (Currently)
Game Version: PC/PS2 Version

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 08:04 PM #69 of 1372
Originally Posted by SailorDaravon
Why the hell not? I'm telling you to get it.
Waaaah ;_;

Then I guess I'll download it. I'm getting .hack//GU tomorrow (legitamately) and I'm broke as is! There's a subscription fee, right?

Also, won't I have to connect my PS2 directly into the DSL modem. That's currently in my sister's room, which would make it pretty difficult to...uh. Play.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:22 AM #70 of 1372
If you download it, you'll have problems getting it to work online because of the DNAS. Anyway here's my character info

Name: Frosty Buns
Race: Beast
Class: Hunter
Version: PC

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:34 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 09:34 PM #71 of 1372
What the hell is the DNAS?

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:41 AM #72 of 1372
Character Name: Darius Force
Race: Human
Battle Type: Hunter (Currently)
Game Version: PS2 Version

I'm amazed how much you can solo in this game. In FFXI, it takes five levels just to survive against a bee or worm, but here you can take on a group of aliens several levels higher than you and come out winning as long as you strafe around.

Anyway, I have several questions.

1. How do you have your portrait appear while chatting?

2. How do you find your party member's location while in lobbies?

3. So to learn new Photons, you have to attach a disc to your weapon right? So where do you find more discs?

4. Are there other forms of chat besides public and party (like the /tell command in FFXI)?

5. As a newbie, what should I focus my (currently) limited funds on? Synthesis boards, new weapons, etc?

6. What should I feed my partner machine?

7. I saw a PT member wielding two swords at once? How do I do that (or is the simple answer to buy the same weapont twice)?

That's about it for now. I'm more interested in meeting new regulars than anything else. Not everyone has been very chatty so far.

Also, I aggree with Sailor Daravon's comments in GAF regarding Story Mode; that was quite possibly the worst intro song I ever heard for an RPG. I was almost too embarrased to sit through that. And the voices are pretty blah so far. The main character's deliveries are just too extreme.

"OWWWWW I HIT MY LEEEEEEGGG OWWWWWWW!!!!!"

Last edited by Soldier; Oct 26, 2006 at 12:53 AM.
Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:00 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 10:00 PM #73 of 1372
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
1. How do you have your portrait appear while chatting?

2. How do you find your party member's location while in lobbies?

3. So to learn new Photons, you have to attach a disc to your weapon right? So where do you find more discs?

4. Are there other forms of chat besides public and party (like the /tell command in FFXI)?

5. As a newbie, what should I focus my (currently) limited funds on? Synthesis boards, new weapons, etc?

6. What should I feed my partner machine?

7. I saw a PT member wielding two swords at once? How do I do that (or is the simple answer to buy the same weapont twice)?
1 - Hold Tab while you press enter on the text entry. Also, if you hold Shift, you'll shout. Hold Ctrl and you'll do a thought bubble. Shift and Ctrl can be combined with Tab as well.
2 - Press Ctrl until character names appear above heads. Look for the names with coloured party symbols next to them, they're your partymates.
3 - You buy discs at weapon shops, use the item to learn the photon, and then attach it to your weapon.
4 - Simple mail is how you "/tell" someone.
5 - I'd go for new weapons and photon arts. Be a pack rat when it comes to materials and synth boards, since those essentially equal free (and often better) items once you can make things.
6 - No idea... I want to know also. You can feed him any item, but I haven't been willing to offer up my goods yet.
7 - It's a special kind of weapon, you're not actually wielding two sabers. The only weapons that can be dual-wielded in the sense of using two physical weapons are left-handed (1h guns) + right-handed (1h melee).

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:12 AM #74 of 1372
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I'm amazed how much you can solo in this game. In FFXI, it takes five levels just to survive against a bee or worm
I so hate when someone say that >.> people still don't understand that FFXI unlike the other MMORPG focus really more on party play than solo. FFXI was not create so you can solo all the game, it was meant that you need to party with other to advance. Even if a lot of people will say that it's suck to seek for party, I think the party play is what make me stay with FFXI.

(but you probably already all new that >.>)

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:29 AM #75 of 1372
You can buy the dual wield sabers in the weapon shop. The icon on the left is two sabers crossed. There's a few other weapons like this. Just look at the icons. The skill for the dual knuckles = boss killer!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Phantasy Star Universe