Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Final Fantasy XII

Jagged
Chocobo

Member 752

Level 9.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:38 AM #101 of 4284
Famitsu's Scans and Review Translated

Famitsu's Scans and Review Translated

Credits go to palf91

Quote:
My translation, since I'm bored and was interested in reading it anyways If someone has translated the scans already, sorry.

Scans:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4306/dvc000011ne.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5472/dvc000026sd.jpg

First reviewer:

"As always a grand story and the ever slightly changing battle system pulls you in more and more. The large maps that you battle in especially can make you lose track of time because of its appeal. It's amazing that a single player game can make you feel like you're playing with team mates!"

Second reviewer:

"It may feel awkward at first for FFX players since the battle system takes ques from the FFXI battle system, but the Gambit system will make getting used to the system a smooth transition. The freedom that can be achieved is great, even if the gamer's skills are limited. The story is great as usual and the acting is impressive."

Third reviewer:

"A very generous game in how it's built. The story is rock solid but offers a great sense of freedom. The battles are a joy to play once you're used to the transitionless nature. There are times when you may just die instantly, so caution is to be taken at all times. This nervousness also makes the game a lot more exciting and fun."

Fourth reviewer:

"Visuals that take your breath away, a complicating lking yet easy to play system, a balanced experience that fits all playing styles -- there are no faults in this game. You'll somehow get really into the game at one point and won't be able to stop. Even compared to the classic FFs, this can be ranked right alongside of them."
More Scans

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6876/dvc000037rk.jpg
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/7244/dvc000045el.jpg
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5602/dvc000055et.jpg

Sakimoto Interview
http://rapidshare.de/files/15056007/...rview.zip.html

V-Jump Scans showing the actual Cid (who's fancy dressed as a Scientist), and Mist Skills/Nacks (i.e Limit Breaks which can be combed):

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/525/scan13wa.jpg

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1800/scan25ce.jpg

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9130/scan30jw.jpg

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/3987/scan44cp.jpg

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Jagged; Mar 9, 2006 at 03:58 AM.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:47 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 09:47 AM #102 of 4284
Awesome... I'm even thinking of getting JAP version just to see it in action... I will not wait half year for USA release =(.

How ya doing, buddy?
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:48 AM #103 of 4284
Heh. I beat you about 7 minutes with the Famitsu breakdown and was about to post the new V Jump scans.

Thanks for the larger scans of the airships and the Sakimoto interview. I love the designs for the airship though, especially Ifrit and Leviathan. Now I'm just confused over the 2 "Cids", so was the first actually Alcid and this is the real Cid or what?

FELIPE NO
Clon
Rousteinireā„¢

Member 2435

Level 5.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:51 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 12:51 AM #104 of 4284
Thanks for the scans. O.o I have to say this may be the best Final Fantasy ever made...I have to get my hands on this game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Come visit my DA page
Raijin
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 210

Level 21.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:18 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 04:18 PM #105 of 4284
http://rapidshare.de/files/15056007/...rview.zip.html

Maybe someone could translate what he's sayiing plz?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:32 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 12:32 AM #106 of 4284
I see all members here like FFXII !!!this FF is suck,is big different previous FF games "I don't like what change on FFXII & FFXI".I try demo before I didn't like it.98% same FFXI.that why I didn't like it

There's nowhere I can't reach.
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:57 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 04:57 PM #107 of 4284
Originally Posted by RYU
this FF is suck,is big different previous FF games "I don't like what change on FFXII & FFXI".I try demo before I didn't like it.98% same FFXI.that why I didn't like it
Change is good. That's all I'll say for right now.

And as for the similarity between FFXI's and FFXII's battle systems, well, if you really hate the battle system, you can always play the game in Wait Mode. I kind of see MMORPG-like attributes present in the battle system, but I don't find it impact the game negatively at all. In fact, it makes things more exciting.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:00 PM #108 of 4284
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
Change is good. That's all I'll say for right now.

And as for the similarity between FFXI's and FFXII's battle systems, well, if you really hate the battle system, you can always play the game in Wait Mode. I kind of see MMORPG-like attributes present in the battle system, but I don't find it impact the game negatively at all. In fact, it makes things more exciting.
Agreed. You can't progress the series without any change, in my opinion anyway.

Quick summary of the Hitoshi Sakimoto interview from V-Jump:
  • As with FFT, Sakimoto tried at first to keep to the FF sound, but in the end found he was better off sticking to his own style. Of course he kept the 'Prelude' in there.
  • 120-30 tracks total. More than 10 tracks ended up being arranged.
  • Tried hard to express contrasts in the game via music - eg. contrast between an underground dungeons and flying in the sky.
  • Tried very hard to match the music to Event scenes - he kept adapting the music even as scenes were being changed.
  • Being the focal point of the story, much of the music is also centered around Vaan. However, Sakimoto REALLY likes Penelo and always uses her in battle.

Little spoilery bit from Sakimoto about the use of past FF themes:
Spoiler:
FFV's Battle of Big Bridge theme is used at some point.

Credit to tebiro boy from GAF for the translation and summary..

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Raijin
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 210

Level 21.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:01 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:01 AM #109 of 4284
Sounds great, especially the spoiler!

Most amazing jew boots
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:34 PM #110 of 4284
Some good news on the release date front that comes from Famitsu:
Quote:
Square-Enix President, Yoichi Wada, has finally released some details on the worldwide release date for Final Fantasy XII on the Playstation 2 during an internal meeting at Square Enix.

The game is released first in Japan on March 16th followed by the US release sometime in the "Summer" with Europe on or before the "End of 2006".
I guess the August 1st date does have some validity behind it then and the very least could be the date to keep an eye on until SE reveal any specifics themselves.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 06:49 PM #111 of 4284
Originally Posted by Simo
Agreed. You can't progress the series without any change, in my opinion anyway.

Quick summary of the Hitoshi Sakimoto interview from V-Jump:
  • As with FFT, Sakimoto tried at first to keep to the FF sound, but in the end found he was better off sticking to his own style. Of course he kept the 'Prelude' in there.
  • 120-30 tracks total. More than 10 tracks ended up being arranged.
  • Tried hard to express contrasts in the game via music - eg. contrast between an underground dungeons and flying in the sky.
  • Tried very hard to match the music to Event scenes - he kept adapting the music even as scenes were being changed.
  • Being the focal point of the story, much of the music is also centered around Vaan. However, Sakimoto REALLY likes Penelo and always uses her in battle.

Little spoilery bit from Sakimoto about the use of past FF themes:
Spoiler:
FFV's Battle of Big Bridge theme is used at some point.

Credit to tebiro boy from GAF for the translation and summary..
I'm interested in hearing the "Prelude" again. I actually missed hearing it since the latest Final Fantasy installments didn't include the song. I also wasn't sure what to expect from the soundtrack, but since it's going to have 120-30 tracks, I hope there's a lot of variation in the songs.

FELIPE NO
Shoeless
The questgiver.

Member 834

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:09 PM #112 of 4284
Wow, that spoiler is huge.

Sakimoto certainly knows how to remix and spruce up an old theme, as he proved in the Gradius V soundtrack.

The MMO style gameplay elements is an interesting gameplay decision, I've often wished myself that I could play WoW, Lineage 2, DDO or other MMOs in a single player mode or in a small LAN. I'm guessing these areas are going to dwarf even the expansive world of Dragon Quest VIII.

Most amazing jew boots
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:20 PM #113 of 4284
Originally Posted by Rydia
I'm interested in hearing the "Prelude" again. I actually missed hearing it since the latest Final Fantasy installments didn't include the song. I also wasn't sure what to expect from the soundtrack, but since it's going to have 120-30 tracks, I hope there's a lot of variation in the songs.
Well, Rydia, one of the points was that he wanted to "express contrasts" in game via the music, so I guess you can rest easy knowing that bit. Personally, I'm glad that came up, because as happy as I was when I found out that DQVIII's OST was orchestral, I realized that much of it would end up sounding the same. One of my pals over AIM lamented the lack of boss music that carries the oomph necessary to get your blood pumping.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:00 AM #114 of 4284
Originally Posted by Hiiragi
Am I the only one that thinks Vaan looks like a total fag?
This has been beat to death so many times, heck even the people that do think that are tired of this conversation. Vaan was based on the Final Fantasy Tactics monk artwork, and he's a scrawny street urchin.

Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 04:32 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 01:32 AM #115 of 4284
Then, I don't think you should get the game at all. Because if you get FFXII and that you rant it for just that one reason. I'd say that you're in over your head and that it'd be a waste of $49.99 (tax). Though, unlike you where you look at the outside appearance of characters. I look at the "inward" appearance. Where this game can provide lots of really interesting new features that can keep the gamer entertained.

Sorry, but that's just how I feel. When people like dissing characters like these. And perhaps the designer wanted to design characters like these. As they wanted to have original characters that would fit the war related theme in this game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Zeta26; Mar 10, 2006 at 04:34 AM.
Echolyn
QUACK!

Member 1361

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:20 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:20 PM #116 of 4284
Well if they manage to keep the Europe release BEFORE the end of 2006 then that would be a welcome change to past release dates here in Europe.

Still it's SE were talking the same guys who said FF:AC would be released world wide simultaniously and we still haven't gotten our copies here in Europe and even in the US. :eyebrow:

Most amazing jew boots
timid geek
Observing

Member 562

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:22 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:22 AM #117 of 4284
I'm glad Mr. Sakimoto did his own kind of music for this game. I've liked certain tracks from other Final Fantasy's, but Tactics was one of the few were I enjoyed the entire soundtrack.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:28 PM #118 of 4284
Originally Posted by Echolyn
Well if they manage to keep the Europe release BEFORE the end of 2006 then that would be a welcome change to past release dates here in Europe.

Still it's SE were talking the same guys who said FF:AC would be released world wide simultaniously and we still haven't gotten our copies here in Europe and even in the US. :eyebrow:
The thing with AC though is that Sony is handling the distribution and release, not SE so they had no control on when it would ultimately hit US and European shores.

FFXII on the hand is all up to SE and when they decide to release it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:07 PM #119 of 4284
Anyone else actually importing it? I assume I'll have my copy by this time next week. I think this is going to end up like another FFX, where I ended up with 3 copies of the game (FFX (JPN), FFX (US), FFX International (JPN)), heh.

FELIPE NO
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:42 PM #120 of 4284
Originally Posted by Godai
Anyone else actually importing it? I assume I'll have my copy by this time next week. I think this is going to end up like another FFX, where I ended up with 3 copies of the game (FFX (JPN), FFX (US), FFX International (JPN)), heh.
I wish I could but budget restrictions pretty much prevent that from happening. It'll mark the first FF title since FFVII that I haven't imported.

I'm glad someone is though since hopefully you'll be able to give us your own take and impressions on the game.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:48 PM #121 of 4284
You could always download it, but personally I'm going to try and resist the temptation. It's just no fun playing a huge game like this if you can't understand the language.

Satsujinken
~Contra Mundi~

Member 2610

Level 1.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 04:05 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:05 PM #122 of 4284
Hehe, I'm trying to resist the temptation also.. I want to buy it, have a nice booklet with it and all.. I do hope that the voice acting will be ok..

Concerning the game itself, the reviews do sound good.. ^__^

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 04:08 PM #123 of 4284
The voice acting is going to have to be extraordinary. Aside from the fancier dialogue, they have original languages used as well (think Al Bhed, but more). I won't settle for the standard dub cast SE has been using (as good as they are), we're going to need actors who can sound like LOTR extras.

Most amazing jew boots
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 04:21 PM #124 of 4284
Yeah,the Bangaa/Seeq/Viera/Nu Mou and Moogles all have their own languages or something, add their dialogue is bracketed or something as well as being a different color.

Then throw in that there are 4 different types of Bangaa, 2 different types of Viera and a who knows about the other races. That's why it infuriates me to see that there might not be any playable characters from other races.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Technophile
With my hands...Be My Last

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:46 PM #125 of 4284
Y'know the closer this monster of a game gets to release, slowly, the more hyped I'm getting over it. I went from not much interest at all (thanks to the demo that was packed with DQVIII) to really psyched! (Nothing like listening to previous FF soundtracks to get you back into that RPG and andventure mood)

Anyway, have they confirmed the list of summons yet?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Final Fantasy XII