Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Disgaea 2

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:49 PM Local time: Sep 14, 2006, 08:49 PM #76 of 107
That stuff's not very... collector-y, though. A Nintendo 64 DD Drive-- now there's a collector's item.

Originally Posted by Blades Of Ice
1. What is the point of starting at level 1 with reincarnation? When *should* I do this?
In short, Reincarnation is a way to manipluate your stats. Level up to at least 100 (you should usually wait until the 1000s for maximum effiency), and always go for the Genius reincarnation level to retain the vast majority of your skills and whatnot. If you do the 9999 Nekomata trick and reincarnate one of them, you'll see the effect it has immediately.

Quote:
2. Transfering monsters from item to item is a retarded and still hard to understand process. Everytime I try to fiddle around with it, the monsters "cannot be moved".
The monsters have to be subdued in the Item World first (they'll then have a smiley face next to their job title instead of that angry fanged thing). Don't bother with it until you get higher-end items like Arcadia or something, since their skill levels are so low that they're worthless at this point.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:22 AM Local time: Sep 14, 2006, 09:22 PM #77 of 107
Would anybody mind explaining the trick that keeps being brought up? I have the Doublejump guide but can't find anything special about stage 4-3 or Nekomatas other than that there are Nekomatas on stage 4-3.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:39 AM Local time: Sep 14, 2006, 11:39 PM #78 of 107
Originally Posted by Generic Badass
That stuff's not very... collector-y, though. A Nintendo 64 DD Drive-- now there's a collector's item.
There is a difference between a collector's item, like my signed Lunar, and having something in my collection, like my copy of Grand Theft Auto 3. Rarity or value has nothing to do with it. It has more to do with just owning it and adding it to a pile of stuff you've got on your bookshelf that you're never going to look at twice.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 02:07 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2006, 12:07 AM #79 of 107
Isn't the point of a collector's item to have rarity/scarcity or value working for it, though?

Originally Posted by Dr. Uzuki
Would anybody mind explaining the trick that keeps being brought up? I have the Doublejump guide but can't find anything special about stage 4-3 or Nekomatas other than that there are Nekomatas on stage 4-3.
The key is that they're standing on "Level Up +10%" panels. What you do is combine them and let them level up to about twice that of your highest-levelled character.

So, say your best character is a level 100 Adell. What you want to do is pull out a bunch of characters (most people recommend seven or more Heavy Knights, each equipped with three boots), and have them combine all of the Nekomatas and eliminate the Beastmaster. Then, pull all of your characters back towards the base panel so that they're out of range-- the Nekomata won't go after you unless it can attack you on the same turn.

Anyway, since your best character is that level 100 Adell sitting in your base panel, wait until the Nekomata levels to about 200. Then, bring your guys back in and throw it in. The general rule is that you can capture any monster that is twice your level, which is how this "trick" works.

Now that you've got that level 200 Nekomata, you can capture a level 400 one. Then 800, 1600, and so on, until you capture a 9999 Nekomata.

FELIPE NO
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 02:52 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2006, 08:52 PM #80 of 107
Originally Posted by Generic Badass
Anyway, since your best character is that level 100 Adell sitting in your base panel, wait until the Nekomata levels to about 200. Then, bring your guys back in and throw it in. The general rule is that you can capture any monster that is twice your level, which is how this "trick" works.

Now that you've got that level 200 Nekomata, you can capture a level 400 one. Then 800, 1600, and so on, until you capture a 9999 Nekomata.
Uh, I don't think anyone should follow your advice.

You don't throw enemies into your base panel unless you first drain their HP to the lowest you possibly can, or drain their SP. The SP is their first attack in the base panel, so the less the monster you're trying to capture has, the better.

Also, say you're trying to capture a level 1000 Nekomata. If you have a level 500 Nekomata, you won't have much success. You need to have multiple level 500's before capturing a 1000. So the safest thing to do is, capture about 10 of the same level, pass a Stronger Enemies bill, and capture 10 of that level.

In short, stack enemies -> lower hp -> retreat allies -> bring out some weakling to throw them on your base panel -> hope for the best -> pass stronger enemy bills -> stack enemies and repeat the process as many times as you need to.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Elixir; Sep 15, 2006 at 02:56 AM.
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 07:48 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2006, 06:48 AM #81 of 107
Heh, I remember capturing Surts in Disgaea 1 up to Lv.9999, fun times. I didn't know you could start doing the pokemon thing in Disgaea 2 so soon though. So I just started farming Nekos yesturday. While most people say combine them first, then let it level up, I recommend letting them level up individually. Heres how I do it in 10 easy steps.

1. Move Adel or someone to the top of the map next to the Geo Symbol.
2. Put 1 character on the right side of the top bridge, outside Neko's reach.
3. Put 2 characters on the right side of the bottom bridge, outside Neko's reach.
4. End Turn x [Y] until the Nekos are at desired levels. [Ex. 7 Nekos x Lv.100]
5. Throw or Destroy the Geo Symbol. I prefer throwing it because the Nekos can kill each other if they're HP is too low.
6. Move the bridge characters to the middle of their bridge and lure 1 Neko to each.
7. Have top bridge character throw and combine his/her Neko with the one on the bottom bridge.
8. Have the two characters on the bottom bridge throw the Neko to the island under the bridge, the Neko can't attack anyone from there.
9. Move bridge characters up to lure more Nekos and combine them on the island.
10. Once you've combined them all, move Adel and any of your best characters back into the Base Panel and throw the Neko in using a few low level ones.

The Neko's HP should already be low so theres no need to attack it, and ten characters are randomly selected to battle it in the base. So if you have a bunch of weaklings in there, take them out so they won't ruin your chances. Repeat the process until you have a Lv.9999, thats what I'm doing, so far I only have a Lv.300. >_>

Also, if too many of your Nekos die from counter attacks or each other, you can put it back on the red panels and reactivate the Geo Symbol if you haven't destroid it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Jujubee; Sep 15, 2006 at 07:52 AM.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 09:03 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2006, 07:03 AM #82 of 107
Originally Posted by Elixir
Uh, I don't think anyone should follow your advice.

You don't throw enemies into your base panel unless you first drain their HP to the lowest you possibly can, or drain their SP. The SP is their first attack in the base panel, so the less the monster you're trying to capture has, the better.

Also, say you're trying to capture a level 1000 Nekomata. If you have a level 500 Nekomata, you won't have much success. You need to have multiple level 500's before capturing a 1000. So the safest thing to do is, capture about 10 of the same level, pass a Stronger Enemies bill, and capture 10 of that level.

In short, stack enemies -> lower hp -> retreat allies -> bring out some weakling to throw them on your base panel -> hope for the best -> pass stronger enemy bills -> stack enemies and repeat the process as many times as you need to.
Dude, they start off at level 10 and don't gain any HP from being combined or levelling up. So, regardless of what level they are, they'll only have about 100 HP, and a really low amount of SP (how much depends on how often they used special attacks while you were combining them). That's enough for your characters to knock it out in the Base Panel.

My small army of Nekomatas is proof that "my" (not really mine. Some dude on GameFAQs') method works. One character that is half the level of the monster you're capturing. No need to damage it first.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Sep 18, 2006 at 02:07 AM.
ashaman
Life Animator

Member 964

Level 10.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:54 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2006, 09:54 PM #83 of 107
Also to add something to this "trick":

Stand around and level up all of the enemies to roughly the same level as your highest level character. Then go kill all but one of them with your high level character (usually the Nekomata at the bottom of the map stays there). You can even have your weak character pick up your high-level character and power level them with the group attack.

Put everyone back in the base and continue to wait until the remaining Nekomata is double your highest level and draw it out with a weak character (I used Taro), throw it using a Knight or two, and capture it.

The reason you want to level everything up before you kill them is because the hospital price to resurrect your new Nekomata is insanely high. Killing high level enemies helps compensate for that.

And the numbers don't have to be exact. My level 1000 captured a level 2800 which captured a level 4200 which captured a 9999. One level 9999 can catch 3 or more 9999s which you can then reincarnate as whatever you want, or run amok in the Dark Assembly and pass everything by force. This also is a quick way to gain hospital prizes as reviving a 9999 fillls up a lot of HP and SP.

Power level your other story characters at the Cave of Ordeal Battle 4 using the stacking trick mentioned above. At this point there is no reason to keep your pre-Nekomata characters as you can always reincarnate a Nekomata into any class you want.

It took me 5 hours to go from a party with a level 30 Adell as my powerhouse to a party full of reincarnated (from 9999) genius class 5 characters with the best buyable armor and weapons in the game.

And yes, this is in the official guide under "Power leveling".

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by ashaman; Sep 15, 2006 at 11:57 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 02:12 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2006, 01:12 AM #84 of 107
Originally Posted by ashaman
Also to add something to this "trick":

Stand around and level up all of the enemies to roughly the same level as your highest level character. Then go kill all but one of them with your high level character (usually the Nekomata at the bottom of the map stays there). You can even have your weak character pick up your high-level character and power level them with the group attack.

Put everyone back in the base and continue to wait until the remaining Nekomata is double your highest level and draw it out with a weak character (I used Taro), throw it using a Knight or two, and capture it.

The reason you want to level everything up before you kill them is because the hospital price to resurrect your new Nekomata is insanely high. Killing high level enemies helps compensate for that.

And the numbers don't have to be exact. My level 1000 captured a level 2800 which captured a level 4200 which captured a 9999. One level 9999 can catch 3 or more 9999s which you can then reincarnate as whatever you want, or run amok in the Dark Assembly and pass everything by force. This also is a quick way to gain hospital prizes as reviving a 9999 fillls up a lot of HP and SP.

Power level your other story characters at the Cave of Ordeal Battle 4 using the stacking trick mentioned above. At this point there is no reason to keep your pre-Nekomata characters as you can always reincarnate a Nekomata into any class you want.

It took me 5 hours to go from a party with a level 30 Adell as my powerhouse to a party full of reincarnated (from 9999) genius class 5 characters with the best buyable armor and weapons in the game.

And yes, this is in the official guide under "Power leveling".

Page 512, to be exact.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 01:40 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 12:40 PM #85 of 107
Well, they finally reshipped my order. I didn't get an email that evening form that lady but now it's been reshipped.

According to USPS it should be here by thrusday or so. This better be worth the trouble. =o

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 08:08 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 02:08 PM #86 of 107
My copy just arrived from amerikkkkkkka.

During it's arrival I've been playing the HELL out of the first game. It's sad, but I probably won't be playing the original half as much as before. Mind you, all I had to do was beat Uber Prinny Baal and go through the rank 40 items in Item World. Which is easier said then done.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 09:18 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2006, 07:18 PM #87 of 107
Have fun pulling your hair out looking for treasure maps in this Item World!

FELIPE NO
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:18 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 05:18 PM #88 of 107
Are the healer/fighter/mages that you're given at the beginning considered story characters? Because I'm thinking I should work on them instead of Adell, so I can transmigrate them into better classes (assuming there's transmigration, and assuming CoO4 is what everyone's making it out to be) when I've progressed through the game more.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 02:04 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 12:04 AM #89 of 107
No, they're just generic characters in about every sense.

Transmigration is now called Reincarnation.

Yes, yes it is what everyone makes it out to be.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 03:00 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 09:00 PM #90 of 107
Yeah, except I'm sure fighters/healers have higher classes which are unlocked by levelling the first class up to a certain point, so I'm going to do that.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 06:53 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 07:53 PM #91 of 107
Lix: If you have a first class fighter, even if you max it's level out, you'll only unlock the 2nd class. To unlock the 3rd class, you need to level up the 2nd class to a certain point. This goes for leveling 3rd for 4th class and so forth. Unlike D1 where you level one class to the max, and the other classes are unlocked.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:29 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 01:29 AM #92 of 107
But the levels will still be stored levels like in the first game with transmigration, giving you blue points, right?

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:59 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 08:59 AM #93 of 107
Yes, levels are still stored and add onto your base stats.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:06 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 05:06 AM #94 of 107
I really should have bought the strategy guide. I have a ton of questions.

What's the secret to 4-3? I just arrived there. I have a level 25 Fighter, and a level 18 Adell. I expected MAD CRAZY LEVELING but I don't suppose that happens until Cave of Ordeals. I also noticed that the enemies who level up in this map increase their stats, but their hp remains the same (unlike the first game)

Is there a way to pick them off and leave one remaining which won't attack you? That way you could make it level up even more and then rush in by throwing. Of course I don't really want to exploit this map with capturing, because I've heard it basically ruins the game.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:13 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2006, 09:13 AM #95 of 107
Some people have suggested that you could use the stage to level up characters decently well (leave the Nekomatas alone for a while, then bring in a few people to chip away at that 100 HP), but it seems way too impractical.

The way to do it would be to kill all but one like you surmised, retreat back to the other side of the bridge (if the Nekomata tries to follow, throw it back and use that character as a sacrifice), then wait for it to level to the right point. Personally, I'd just do it for the Mana to open up the Cave of Ordeals. CoO1 is good for leveling weak characters because of the Geo Panels' very favorable placement.

FELIPE NO
ashaman
Life Animator

Member 964

Level 10.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 02:26 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 12:26 AM #96 of 107
Has anyone else played Zetta yet? Did they get a different voice actor for him, he sounded... odd.

Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:34 AM #97 of 107
Yes, he has a diiferent VA here. Same for Etna and even the prinnies.

ashaman
Life Animator

Member 964

Level 10.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 02:55 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 12:55 AM #98 of 107
I finally beat the game for a "normal" ending after powering up enough to beat Zetta. Was anyone else just completely let down by the ending? There was no explanation, just a picture on the screen that fades out and then the credits. No reactions from the characters. No conclusion to the story. Nothing. After all that I was at least hoping for an anime sequence, even Laharl had one of those in this game. Sure, there was a "letter" after the credits but it showed nothing and still didn't explain anything about the *main* characters.

Is there a "better" ending to the main storyline? All the other ones seem to be bad or just abruptly end like this.

If not, talk about a let down.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:42 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 01:42 AM #99 of 107
I'm fairly certain there's a better ending that reveals who Adell's parents are and why he wasn't affected by the curse and all that. I haven't tried for any specific ending, though. Still levelling the Land of Carnage secret characters.

Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 08:03 AM #100 of 107
There is no better ending than that one... It is pretty lame, I admit. Even just a small scene afterwards showing how Adell and Rozalin were dealing with things would have been appreciated. Oh well, the meat of both games always was in the gameplay anyway. I really wouldn't be surprised to find out the storyline was tacked on last after every other aspect of the game was finished.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Disgaea 2