Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Yakuza 2(008). The real Japanese life sim.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 07:06 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 10:06 PM #1 of 13
Yakuza 2(008). The real Japanese life sim.

Originally Posted by http://au.ps2.ign.com/articles/821/821915p1.html
In the wake of the announcement that the third entry in the Yakuza franchise was to be a major mega-production for the PlayStation 3, many gamers outside of Japan were at a loss as to what might be the fate of the franchise when only one Yakuza game has been released in North America. Satisfying fans' need for more of the action-adventure franchise and promising that players won't be left with major story chunks missing when the PlayStation 3 game finally arrives, SEGA has officially announced that Yakuza 2 will be released on PlayStation 2 in 2008.
Outstanding! It's a tad (very) late, but still! The first one sold like absolute crap in America, I wasn't really ever expecting Sega to be awesome and bother with the sequel. I was just expecting them to be Sega.

Quote:
Yakuza 2 directly follows the events of the 2006 original (unlike the third game coming to PS3, which is set in the far past.) Set one year later, you are once again Kiryu Kazuma. You had retired and become the Fourth Chairman of the Tojo Clan, but the way of the streets never leaves one alone, and you come to find this out the hard way when a trusted member of your clan is assassinated by a former allied gang called the Omi. War is about to break out between the Tojo and Omi clans, and you are the only one who can stop the violence from exploding and destroying everything. And, of course, Kazuma will once again be making time for the ladies when not in brutal combat on the streets of Tokyo.
Of course! I hope you all (ALL) played the first, otherwise I'll have to shake my fist in your general direction (ALL DIRECTIONS). It was a bit like Shenmue, but without the whole searching for sailors in black cars on the day the snow turned to lava at the Lucky Hit palor and with at least 4000% more combat. Technically, it was also pretty erotic for a PS2 game. So much was going on. The city sort of actually felt alive. The sequel spans two discs, two! Do you know what that means? Twice the expensive voice actor/clown grade English dub fun! Although listening to Mark Hamill stumble around swear words as his on-screen character hit people with an umbrella was pretty awesome. PAL release too Sega, plz. Thnx.

I don't think he'll need to worry about getting a mop.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Sep 21, 2007 at 09:48 AM.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 09:14 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 04:14 PM 1 #2 of 13
Yakuza, the game with a FPM ratio well exceeding Goodfellas. Fuck you, you stupid old fuck, I'ma fuck you so hard that you will fucking fuck a fuck. It's no Shenmue, but oh well, this is very good news anyway. I hope it sells at least well enough for Sega to bring over Yakuza 3 on PS3 as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of

Last edited by Aardark; Sep 21, 2007 at 12:34 PM.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 09:30 AM #3 of 13
Jesus Christ it took long enough. They announced 2 for Japan like a week after the first came out, and then a movie like a month after that. It only took us a year to get the announcement for 2. I'd like to say, "At least it's coming" but with all the games coming out now for the current gen hardware, I'm afraid that this is going to be one franchise that's going to get left in the dust for me ^^;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 01:09 PM #4 of 13
I'm just happy that they finally announced it and it is coming to the US. The first game was a fun, although flawed, experience similiar to Shenmue. Of course it only took them 2 years but if Sega is willing to release the second installment despite the first game selling donkey balls then it just adds more hope for Yakuza 3 being released stateside.

Oh and original dub with English subtitles this time or at least get a better VO director if its not too much trouble.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:29 PM #5 of 13
It's about damn time.

I actually liked the first one. <_<

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 03:49 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 03:49 PM #6 of 13
Never tried the first. If it's like Shenmue (like I keep hearing), then I'll definitely pick it up =O

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 03:55 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 01:55 PM #7 of 13
Next year? Oh well, it's worth the wait then. Loved the first one to bits and here's hoping more side activities will be available.

FELIPE NO
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2008, 10:30 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2008, 10:30 AM #8 of 13
Almost one year later~

IT'S OUT TODAY >=0 I overnighted it and the lovely game shall arrive shortly. Anyone else going to play this? You'd better

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2008, 10:41 AM #9 of 13
When I get some money, I'll probably get this as well as pick up the first one all over again.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:13 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2008, 09:13 AM #10 of 13
Ooooaauuurrr! Launches here on the 25th, which already has like eighty thousand other games out on that day. But that's okay, everything else can shut the fock up for Yakuza 2!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:22 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2008, 06:22 PM #11 of 13
Fucking UPS normally comes around 10am, but it's 6:20pm and still marked as "being delivered" Rrrgh...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:41 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2008, 09:41 AM 1 #12 of 13
Just thought I'd post my opinion of Yakuza 2:

- JAPANESE VOICE TRACK. No attempt at a shoddy dub. This immediately won points from me. Plus, all of the voices so far fit very, very nicely.

- The Japanese words/phrases/etc are left intact (ie: referring to some troublemakers as Kansai guys), much like the first one.

- If you never beat #1, don't worry. There is an awesome recap at the beginning that essentially has the main character narrating through cinema clips in Yakuza 1. I lost my data to #1 and never returned to it, but this did a marvelous job of filling me in on what happened. All-in-all, I think it was about 20-30 minutes long.

- Combat is relatively the same, but that's hardly a bad thing :V I can't remember if a few things were in #1 or not, though. First off are changes in the usage of "heat" or your uber special attack. The first thing I spotted is that you have heat moves you can do with weapons (unique to each). I also noticed that you have the ability to do an awesome "fuck you up" heat move on bosses; don't know if they're unique to each yet.

- Faces and the graphics seem slightly improved. There is a bit more emotion shown on some folks' faces, but I could be imagining it... :V

I only played for about an hour and a half last night, but I absolutely love this game thus far. It seems to be much like the first one in its caliber of awesome =D Highly recommended, GFF. HIGHLY.

8.5 from IGN, but those guys are cocksuckers; 10.0 god dammit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 19, 2008, 01:29 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2008, 09:29 PM #13 of 13
Immediately picked up the PAL version today when I confirmed from the case they indeed had not bothered to dub it. It's Shenmue all over again~

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Yakuza 2(008). The real Japanese life sim.