Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Odin Sphere - Hot sex from Atlus

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 06:55 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2007, 12:55 AM #226 of 240
Oh cool, you can make healing items with alchemy. I assumed that was the case, but I've yet to encounter the right recipes. Did I miss them, or do they turn up soon? Either way, it's an enormous relief to know that it's possible to create my own healing items.
I don't think it's possible to miss them. Check this out:

GameFAQs: Odin Sphere (PS2) Recipes FAQ by HENTAIBEN

The only healing item I noticed which you can create during Gwendolyn's quest is this:

08. Mix H (Healing Tonic)
Ingredients: 0 + Carroteer, 4 + Rotten Fruit
Effects: Heals you for 200 HP.
Found: Gwendolyn, Chapter 4
Comment: Useful for Boss Battles when you can't stop to eat.
~Thanks to Bryan Richards, and Samara for pointing out the
Rotten Fruit mix.

As listed in the FAQ. More of them are available the deeper you get into the game. I haven't completed the game by any means, (playing on Hard) but if I were you (or if I were me, and I'm me) I'd use money to buy bigger bags. Being forced to use items because you're full is rather annoying.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 07:32 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 01:32 PM #227 of 240
I haven't completed the game by any means, (playing on Hard) but if I were you (or if I were me, and I'm me) I'd use money to buy bigger bags. Being forced to use items because you're full is rather annoying.
Yeah, tell me about it. A bigger bag is the first thing on my list. Is there ever a point in the game where you can equip more than one item? Some of them seem really useful, like the one that stops you from getting poisoned... but I'm having a hard time deciding which one item from the whole range available to use.

Thanks for the alchemy info. I guess I've just gotta grind through the next chapter before I can make my own healing potions. That should make the rest of the game go at least somewhat more easily. I'm not hardcore enough to play on hard, by any means.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 09:04 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2007, 03:04 AM #228 of 240
I don't think you can have more than one item equipped at once. Whenever you hear squeaking noises, jump on that spot, and kill whatever pops up. It's worth buying materials to make a bunch of healing items (material 0 + carroteer) before going into battle. It's also a good idea to grind pharzons to your highest limit before battle, since things like Phazon Burst help against bosses and when you're surrounded.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2007, 03:18 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2007, 09:18 PM #229 of 240
Now available for pre-order:

Video Game Soundtrack - Odin Sphere Original Soundtrack - Order Now!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2007, 11:13 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2007, 10:13 AM #230 of 240
Oh fuck me, MORE October goodness. I'm gonna be broke as dick. The music was one of my favorite parts of this title, so I'm gonna have to be all over this.

Thanks for the heads up.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2007, 07:19 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2007, 04:19 AM #231 of 240
Just reached Pooka Prince's epilogue. Am I to understand correctly that the only realistic option for killing slimes is napalm because that is super fucked up.

FELIPE NO

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2007, 07:53 AM #232 of 240
The characters that fight them later on can kill them with their weapons. I think the bow's damage (the one that Mercedes uses) counts as magical or some kind of element.

On a side note, does anyone know if playing the game on a PS3 stops the slowdown that happens when you fight the Queen of the Dead? (I forget her name since it's been a while)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Manny Biggz; Oct 27, 2007 at 07:56 AM.
Clamjouster
Get it together!

Member 53

Level 17.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2007, 07:54 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2007, 08:54 AM #233 of 240
well there is a bunch of alchemy items that can kill slimes, killer clouds and stuff like that, but I think Mercedes can hit them normally with her charged shot(wich I find lame anyways since mercedes can just fly to avoid them entirely) Not sure if velvet can, but yeah with all other characters you have to use items so you can take the slimes out quickly.

How ya doing, buddy?
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2007, 04:48 PM #234 of 240
Uzuki, napalm's best, but if you're in a bind you can always duck and hit them. Slimes drop potion O's. You can use those to summon slimes, which can kill the enemy slimes no problem.

Most amazing jew boots
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2007, 05:18 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2007, 04:18 PM #235 of 240
How to kill Slimes:

Gwendolyn: Lucky whore never has to fight them.
Cornelius: Use items. Napalm, Ooze, Killer Cloud, etc.
Mercedes: Cheap charged h4x with the bow.
Oswald: Go into Shadow Form or just use items.
Velvet: Homing Attack with her chain.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2007, 04:26 PM #236 of 240
Bumping for a potentially stupid question... how do I replay levels?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2007, 04:29 PM #237 of 240
Some are locked after certain points in the story. In order to replay them you have to go back to the book after you've finished it and start over.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Senorita Preved
Surprise Kangaroo Sweaterer and Hugger

Member 12294

Level 9.60

Sep 2006

Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:10 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 01:10 PM #238 of 240
So, after finishing the perfection that was Xenosaga III, we needed a new RPG, and we took the advice of the fanboys here and got Odinsphere.

My question is...does it get any better?
We're still on Valkyrie, but so far, the story is kind of boring and uninteresting. I like the alchemy system (the bag space really kills my usual RPG item hoarding ), but the battle system is sooooo boring. Hoppity hop press square do magic every 15 minutes, repeat x1000. My partner in crime is insisting that it probably gets more interesting as more layers get put in, but goddamn is it boring so far.

How do you get 100% completion? I mean the game is about as linear as you can get so far...

Also I find the animation really choppy and underwhelming (runs for cover)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:21 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2008, 10:21 PM #239 of 240
How do you get 100% completion? I mean the game is about as linear as you can get so far...
Circular.

Also I find the animation really choppy and underwhelming (runs for cover)
Just wait until the end of the Valkyrie story. You haven't seen skipping yet, sister.

(That said, I still really like the game and the artistic design is indeed hot sex)

FELIPE NO
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2008, 04:46 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 01:46 AM #240 of 240
I hate to tell you, but if you're not happy with what you have so far, you're not going to end up finishing this game. I guess a lot of people thing Gwen's story is the worst of the bunch, but I don't think any of them are significantly better or worse (I liked them ). Except for maybe Velvet's only because it relates directly to the end of the game. You will get a new character to play around with every 10 hours or so, but that only stays fresh for about five minutes. Almost all areas and enemies are in all books so the game repeats itself a gross amount, even with bosses.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Odin Sphere - Hot sex from Atlus