Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Castlevania (2007)

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2007, 06:17 AM #1 of 24
Castlevania (2007)

There was a thread before the last crash of Paul W. S. Anderson doing a Castlevania film. (Could be post-crash, I can't remember) Well after some snooping I found the poster for it released by Universal in November of last year:

I haven't been able to find much info, but IMDB has two names up (both with rumored beside them) Jonathon Frakes to play some Grandfather and someone named Darya Zabinski to be Sonia. As it being on IMDB, I'm taking those with a grain of salt.

When more info comes along, I'll be sure to add or let other people add.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by dagget; Oct 17, 2007 at 11:57 AM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:32 AM #2 of 24
It has a release date of 2009 now on IMDB. If he's off of it, perhaps Konami wants it to be taken more seriously?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:53 AM #3 of 24
A small update (albeit it being from August)

Originally Posted by Movies.ign.com
August 30, 2007 - Just a few months after director Sylvain White (Stomp the Yard) was hired to direct the big-screen version of the Konami videogame Castlevania for Rogue Pictures and Crystal Sky Entertainment comes word that a new screenwriter has been tapped as well.

According to Bloody-Disgusting.com, Death Sentence screenwriter Ian Jeffers "is completely re-writing Castlevania for Rogue Pictures." The previous version was written by Paul W.S. Anderson, who dropped out to helm the Death Race remake instead. It had been reported that White would use Anderson's script as the basis for his adaptation and that the pair would collaborate on a rewrite, but that apparently didn't pan out.

Variety reported in June that Castlevania will shoot in the late fall in South Africa and Romania, with a late 2008 release planned.
So Anderson's script isn't going to be used in any format (if I read correctly) and he dropped out to do Death Race (lawl). Even though it's not anything grand-scale such as casting or anything, knowing Anderson's stink isn't involved in the movie anymore can only mean good things. Right?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Castlevania (2007)