Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Best Places For Used Games

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2009, 05:46 PM #1 of 6
Best Places For Used Games

Now that we're in Christmas territory, I find myself with MUCH less money than usual. I'm tightening the belt quite a bit but still find myself wondering if I can pick up Borderlands or Dragon Age used.

Ebay ain't got shit. Amazon.com too. I heard Gamefly sells used stuff but... I don't know?

Anyone have any suggestions or tricks to buying games on the cheap - aside from going to Gamestop?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2009, 05:48 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2009, 03:48 PM #2 of 6
Pawn shops have actually served me pretty well for cheap games. I got Mirror's Edge there a few months back for $10.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Dec 5, 2009, 08:36 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2009, 10:06 PM #3 of 6
For me Lehah, the flea market has treated me fairly well over the last couple of years. I've got some pretty excellent games for anywhere between 10 to 20 dollars.

I also usually check a local internet forum for gamers in Newfoundland, I can usually come across a lot of people wanting to sell games they've already beaten for really cheap. I'm sure you should have something along those lines in your area.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2009, 09:15 PM #4 of 6
I go to Play 'n Trade for my used games around here. Their prices are a bit too steep on some stuff, but overall they're pretty good. They also sell most new games for $2-3 less than normal to attract business. I can't really speak for any of them except mine though, since they're all independently owned and the one here isn't even listed on the corporate website anymore.

Rhino Games used to be great, but then Gamestop bought the company and mine was turned into basically an extension of the Gamestop in the mall up the street with less stock. Before that they had an amazing selection of used stuff, and I really appreciated little things they did like order cases for old Gameboy games so you didn't get just the bare cartridge.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Dec 7, 2009, 01:46 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2009, 11:46 AM #5 of 6
I generally just wait until Gamestop/EB runs a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale and stock up on games I've been meaning to buy for the last few months. If you've got an Edge card you can stack the 10% discount as well.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2009, 02:53 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2009, 12:53 PM #6 of 6
Whenever I want to buy used games, I usually head to pawn shops and the flea market as well. There's a few sellers at the flea market who probably won't know what they're selling you and give you, for example, Burnout Paradise for $2; still in the shrink wrap. Start rolling through those places and see what you can find.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Best Places For Used Games