Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Food Obesession Cycles

LaMenina
Der Kommissar

Member 23054

Level 7.53

Jul 2007

Old May 1, 2008, 08:15 PM #1 of 18
Food Obesession Cycles

I'm a bit of a rarity (at least among the people I know) in that I rotate my food. For a period of time, ranging anywhere from a week to months, I become obsessed with a certain type of food and I consume massive amounts of it. I went through a crunchy peanut butter phase, salted almonds, cashews, trail mix, honey nut cheerios, carrots, sourdough, lemon poppyseed cake, sugar cookies, blueberry anything, pancakes, and various other phases.

Right now, I'm currently obsessed with MUSTARD. This has been a long one; about a month, if I remember correctly. Honey mustard, dijon mustard, spicy brown mustard...I just bought some Honey dijon mustard with white wine from Trader Joe's, and it's DIVINE.

Does anybody else do this? I mean, it's not like mustard is the only thing I eat; I just eat a lot of stuff with it. It just TASTES SOO GOOD.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Who is John Galt?
BlindMonk
A ride! Now that's a good idea!

Member 28143

Level 18.68

Feb 2008

Old May 1, 2008, 08:51 PM Local time: May 1, 2008, 08:51 PM #2 of 18
I'm on a bit of a circuit with cheese and salsa quesadillas. It's been the baseline meal for the past week or so.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 02:31 AM Local time: May 11, 2008, 12:31 AM #3 of 18
I've been circulating between eggs+rice and ramen... not quite the healthiest, but seems to be what I crave most when I'm desperately hungry. XD

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old May 11, 2008, 01:36 PM Local time: May 11, 2008, 01:36 PM #4 of 18
Never really thought about it unitl now

I have been on edamame, bananas, grapefruit, protein shake for the past 2 months. I eat meat once in a while like 2-3 times a month, but most of the time I don't. I just really don't care much for the taste.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 06:08 PM Local time: May 11, 2008, 11:08 PM 1 #5 of 18
SpaceMonk, how the hell do you survive?

I went through a very long phase of eating avocados with everything, before that it was mushy peas, before that it was scrambled eggs (thinking about it, those two overlapped), and before that I lived off baked beans on toast... I had a huge obsession with vinegar; everything I ate had to be swimming in it. I've just finished a brief love affair with thai chilli dip and lemon juice as a sauce for everything.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Craze
~Need a break~

Member 2021

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2008, 06:52 PM Local time: May 26, 2008, 07:52 AM #6 of 18
When I was little I once had an obsession with peanut butter and had it with everything (well, almost everything..didn't try it with rice ) Then in college we had a McDs just across the street and I was addicted to their nuggets (no thanks to a mate). They had those 3-6 tea break deals which were pretty cheap- $3 for a 4pc nugget and a cuppa tea/coffee so we would hang out around after classes.

I don't have those obsession cycles nowadays anymore since I abused my body too much in my younger days. I go for moderation and try to incorporate various stuff in my diet..

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shively
Banned

Member 28885

Level 13.18

Mar 2008

Old May 25, 2008, 10:22 PM #7 of 18
I noticed lately that I've really enjoyed eatting spicy hot stuff or pickles, both sweet and dill. Its been going on for about a year now.

I have learned though in class that sometimes our body craves things when its in short supply of a certain element that the food provides.

How ya doing, buddy?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2008, 05:00 PM Local time: May 28, 2008, 12:00 AM #8 of 18
Back when I was in high school, I brought my own lunch. I always had months of the same things on my bread (always a certain type of meat), then out of the blue switched to something else.

None of that anymore. I just eat what I want day-by-day.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old Jun 4, 2008, 07:01 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2008, 07:01 PM #9 of 18
SpaceMonk, how the hell do you survive?

I went through a very long phase of eating avocados with everything, before that it was mushy peas, before that it was scrambled eggs (thinking about it, those two overlapped), and before that I lived off baked beans on toast... I had a huge obsession with vinegar; everything I ate had to be swimming in it. I've just finished a brief love affair with thai chilli dip and lemon juice as a sauce for everything.
haha! well, I have actually been trying to go Vegetarian. As of right now I have gotten rid of all meats except once every 2 weeks or more I have fish. It's not that I'm against eating meat (I understand you got to kill it to eat it) but I have a major problem with the methods use to get the meat, but for some reason Fish doesn't bother me as much.

oh! Thai chilli dip, sounds good! I lived in Thailand for 6 years! Did you make it yourself or was it at a restaurant?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by SpaceMonk; Jun 4, 2008 at 07:04 PM.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2008, 07:20 PM #10 of 18
Right now, I'm currently obsessed with MUSTARD. This has been a long one; about a month, if I remember correctly. Honey mustard, dijon mustard, spicy brown mustard...I just bought some Honey dijon mustard with white wine from Trader Joe's, and it's DIVINE.
I've been obsessed with mustard for years.

Besides the obvious application as dressing for a hot dog or a hamburger, I put it on pretzels and sandwiches (of most any kind).

And as for your white wine mustard, I've got one better:
Plochmann's Killian's Irish Red Mustard, with 45% of it (no lie, says so on the label lol) being pure Killian's Irish Red straight from the barrel. It's so rich and flavorful, it's a fine delicacy in my eyes. And for $4.50 a small tub it damn well better be.

Also, lately I've been eating ramen noodles straight from the bag.
And baby carrots. So tasty and filling.

elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:23 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 02:23 AM #11 of 18
PASTA. I've always been more than enthusiastic about pasta, but lately, I've been making pasta almost daily--oftentimes as a midnight snack. Rainbow rotini. Rainbow rotini. Just today, I boiled some of that rotini for dinner and added tomatoes, red bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic, garlic powder, olive oil, a little bit of oregano, tons of basil, pepper, some parsley, a tiny dash of cinnamon, and a pinch of lemon powder. Oh, and cheese. Haha. And then I had basil garlic butter shrimp over that. It probably sounds like a disaster, but apparently, it was pretty good. Well, at least the shrimp was.

I'm probably going to die in a vat of boiling rainbow rotini.

Also, lately I've been eating ramen noodles straight from the bag.
I used to do this for a while, and then I started feeling pretty sick.
Either way, Chili Lime. Best flavor. I would just break the noodles into chunks and dip the chunks in the powder. Yeah...I don't do this anymore. ='D

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:37 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 09:37 AM #12 of 18
Back when I was in high school, I brought my own lunch. I always had months of the same things on my bread (always a certain type of meat), then out of the blue switched to something else.

None of that anymore. I just eat what I want day-by-day.
I did the same thing in high school! I was just too lazy to check the fridge for anything else (too much trouble at 7AM), so I ended up eating the same for weeks, until the holidays came and I actually had time to check out something different.

I still have similar phases, when I had just started uni I would eat a chocolatine (pastry filled with chocolat strips heated in the oven), until I got tired of them one day, and switched to croissants. I didn't eat a single chocolatine for about a year, and the same thing happened with croissants.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:56 AM #13 of 18
Pizza. Any kind. I can't get enough of this stuff. Probably for about two weeks when I was on campus at college, I would only have pizza for lunch. Probably because it was the cheapest and most filling choice, but the pizza they make at our school is superb. Especially the barbecue chicken pizza, cheeseburger pizza, and the baked ziti pizza. Those were pretty interesting.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 03:57 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 06:57 PM #14 of 18
It's very rare for me to get caught on such a cylcle, though I've just overcome one: an M&Ms fixation. Seriously, a couple of months a go I'd go through several packs a week, it was just ridiculous. And 'cause they're so delicious I couldn't stop! But the little beasts are gone now, what with my starting to smoke and all.

Hooray for smoking! I jest; I just have awesome M&M willpower now! *leaps to the floor after mistaking a ball of lint for an M&M*

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:18 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 10:18 AM #15 of 18
I guess this happens to me, though really now that I am watching more of what I eat, my diet is a hell of a lot more boring.

Case in point: in high school I was obsessed with chicken quesadillas from Taco Bell, and would have one daily. =/

FELIPE NO
NinjaguyDan
Collect and Contribute

Member 28985

Level 16.82

Mar 2008

Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:20 PM 8 2 #16 of 18

How ya doing, buddy?
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2008, 09:01 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2008, 04:01 AM #17 of 18
I did the same thing in high school! I was just too lazy to check the fridge for anything else (too much trouble at 7AM), so I ended up eating the same for weeks, until the holidays came and I actually had time to check out something different.

I still have similar phases, when I had just started uni I would eat a chocolatine (pastry filled with chocolat strips heated in the oven), until I got tired of them one day, and switched to croissants. I didn't eat a single chocolatine for about a year, and the same thing happened with croissants.
I don't think it had anything to do with my holidays. My mother always cooked with quite a variety and my father loves pretty much every type of meat. If I just found something I liked I would use it for weeks, and then one morning (and mainly a few afternoons where I was hungry because I threw my lunch away) I'd just try something else.

Fuck I miss that time. I'm so picky now ;p

I don't know if switching from chocalatines to croissants is that much of a difference though =p It's still the same effort (assuming you're eating them hot, I hate cold croissants), although the croissant allows it to be stuffed with butter/sugar, cheese, jam (always hated the combination), chocolate paste (for those lacking the chocolatines) etc. etc. I wonder how one tastes with peanut butter. It's experiment time tomorrow!

edit: are there 'low fat' croissants? all the ones I find in the supermarket are creamed.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Grawl; Jun 24, 2008 at 09:04 PM.
ComradeTande
:B

Member 2213

Level 15.98

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:53 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2008, 10:53 AM #18 of 18
edit: are there 'low fat' croissants? all the ones I find in the supermarket are creamed.
its funny that you mention that, where i work had the worst time trying to find low fat croissants to make in the pastry department (they are apparently impossible to make by hand, or just not worth it). I work at an organic food co-op, and when people come up and tell me how WONDERFUL the croissants are, I kinda giggle because I know they use pillsburry since they couldn't find anything else. ANYWAY.

I tend to get on cycles of "oo ramen" "oo chips" "oo chocolate" unhealthy cycles but at the same time I always eat well when I'm at work. Cashew Butter is GODLY, i enjoy a garden burger, and at one time I loved the hot table item hunan tofu (it was a chinese styled hot table, noodles, tofu, peanuts, etc), but now everytime i go to smell it or even dish it out to dish it out toa customer i want to puke @_@.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Food Obesession Cycles