Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] ITE: LeHah Lists The Oscar Nominations For 2009

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 06:22 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 01:22 PM #76 of 98
Patrick McGoohan is missing from the In Memoriam montage.
Luckily Maila Nurmi wasn't! Even though she died before Ledger and they remembered her only until now!

What a joke this was. Kate Winslet won an Oscar for a movie that was made in 1972 and accepted the Oscar on behalf of Jerry Lewis who starred in that movie. Even though he got his own award, FINALLY.

Sean Penn won, so at least some people had brains and didn't give that to Mickey Rourke.

And Wall-EEEEE. YES. <3

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 07:53 AM 3 #77 of 98

Sean Penn won, so at least some people had brains and didn't give that to Mickey Rourke.
What a surprise. Sean Penn winning an academy award for doing the same thing in every movie, being a fag. Seriously, the dude is horrible and how he keeps getting Oscars is beyond me. They should create a category: " Best Ball your fists up and scream angsty Award" he should walk out with that one every year, since that's all he ever fucking does in his movies.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 08:15 AM #78 of 98
And this coming from you.

Christ, its like opposite day or something.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 08:21 AM #79 of 98
Whenever I diss a post, I do it because it's usually a joke that backfired. I've rarely dissed a post because something someone says has pissed me off enough to do so. Congratulations to dagget, the first one to say something not only incredibly retarded, but retarded enough to make my blood boil.

The actor category this year was pretty much a three-way split for me. It was a coin flip between Langella, Penn, and Rourke. I was happy seeing either of those three win. Penn's nomination, and his win, were 100% well-deserved, and anyone who denies that is simply too retarded to see why. Like so few actors are able to do, Penn transformed into the role of Harvey Milk, and didn't just become a gay guy who got shot, he became a truly memorable portrait of the man.

Christ dagget, the lack of knowledge you're displaying in that post is baffling.

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:20 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 07:20 AM 1 #80 of 98
There is a disturbing lack of outrage that Slumdog Millionaire (or Convenient Coincidences) won Best Picture. I mean, it's not a horrible movie, per se, but it's seriously overrated. Danny Boyle has made far better movies in the past.

Then again, these are the same people who also gave a Best Picture award to Titanic instead of L.A. Confidential so... I rest my case.

Additional Spam:
What a surprise. Sean Penn winning an academy award for doing the same thing in every movie, being a fag. Seriously, the dude is horrible and how he keeps getting Oscars is beyond me. They should create a category: " Best Ball your fists up and scream angsty Award" he should walk out with that one every year, since that's all he ever fucking does in his movies.
Dude. You still watch WRESTLING.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Paco; Feb 23, 2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:22 AM 5 #81 of 98
I am astonished that the internet has overlooked the most important detail.

We failed to give Skeletor an Oscar.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:20 AM #82 of 98
Slumdog was a great flick but I don't think it was Best Picture material. I wouldn't have even nominated it. I would have replaced Slumdog and The Reader with Doubt and Revolutionary Road. The only real shoo-ins that Slumdog had were Picture and Director. I don't think it deserved anything else, notably the fact that they nominated two songs from the damn movie and didn't even give The Boss his due for his great song in The Wrestler.

Overall I'd say the show itself was surprisingly great. Very classy, not a whole lot of bullshit. The "In Memoriam" section was completely ruined by the piss-awful camerawork. Who the fuck's idea was it to do that? Just give us a direct feed of the images, Christ.

Not a whole lot of surprises in terms of the awards. The only nail-biter was best actor.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:48 AM #83 of 98
I liked how they took 5 previous actors/actresses to fete the nominees in each category. Dunno if I was a fan of the music being played while giving the intro to each category.

"In memoriam" is the one thing I like to catch each year, and I agree that they should've just put the feed into the screen. I didn't see them honor Heath Ledger, but they gave him quite a bit of time when he won.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:53 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 05:53 PM #84 of 98
II didn't see them honor Heath Ledger, but they gave him quite a bit of time when he won.
He was on the screen last year. As the finale of the in memoriam -bit. Instead of Ingmar Bergman. Yeah.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:57 AM #85 of 98

Dude. You still watch WRESTLING.
Don't see how that has anything to do with this, unless you think I somehow disappointed in the fact Rourke didn't end up with the Oscar or a slam on me for whatever reason which I will say this: Anyone should have got it than Penn. I have NOT seen a movie of his that "moves" me or makes me think he is a talented actor.

Maybe fag was the wrong word to be used in my post, sprout. So I apologize if that was part of the reason you got pissed at my "ignorance".

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:07 PM 1 #86 of 98
You're pushing 30.

You watch Wrestling.

I think that puts you below the fat guy whos in the comic book store every weekend, complaining about the newest World Of Warcraft updates and how all the Bond girls have sucked after Barbara Bach.

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:11 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 10:11 AM #87 of 98
Don't see how that has anything to do with this, unless you think I somehow disappointed in the fact Rourke didn't end up with the Oscar or a slam on me for whatever reason which I will say this: Anyone should have got it than Penn. I have NOT seen a movie of his that "moves" me or makes me think he is a talented actor.
It doesn't have a lot to do with the topic at hand, really. But when you can sit and tell me that Mystic River, Dead Man Walking or Milk weren't good acting pieces for Sean Penn and couple that with the fact that you still watch badly-acted, testosterone-laden soap operas aimed at 12 year olds with autism, your posts really make sense.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:21 PM #88 of 98
Awesome, I'm the comic book guy from the Simpsons. Best. Putdown. Ever.

I just didn't care for Dead Man Walking. Mystic River, meh. I Am Sam was painful and it sorta pissed me off during the movie. Maybe you're right, I don't give Penn a "fair shake" as far as acting goes. I just don't like his movies cause it seems to be the same stuff to me. I'm not jumping in with this just to be "that asshole", I just think that some years there are more deserving people than him for Oscars and he ends up with them. It shouldn't have any effect on me whatsoever and I really don't know why I let it get to me as I do.

Also both of you DO realize that I'm not a complete shitbag and actually know the shit is scripted and fake while also tearing myself away from the stale product is has become.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:24 PM #89 of 98
No, I said you were BELOW him. At best, you're an episode of American Dad.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:24 PM #90 of 98
Oh now that actually hurt.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:32 PM #91 of 98
Knowing that professional wrestling is staged is almost worse than not knowing. Well, watching it in general is pretty awful, but I digress, lets get to the root of this baffling commentary: What would you consider a more deserving performance?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 01:53 PM 3 #92 of 98
Well, I could mention past performances from Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Roddy Piper in roles like Suburban Commando, Doom and They Live, since that appears to be the train of thought people think I have about "good" movies and performances.

Sheepishly I will admit I haven't seen Milk, so judging that performace is really unfair of me and I'm going on past performaces I've seen of his.

I'd guess that of recent movies, Josh Brolin's portrayal of Bush in W. was deserving. Hey, I'm an avid Bush hater and the previews made the movie out to make him look stupid, so I went in saying "oh I bet that's fun." But watching the movie and how he played the part made me feel for him at times. Him wanting to do his own thing but pushed into what his dad wanted. He couldn't do anything right in the eys of others, while being taken advantage of. Say what you want but even though anyone can do Bush impressions, it takes real talent to actually get it dead on without it seeming "overdone" or "comedic".

But I guess that doesn't really answer your question at all does it. Oh well, I'll bite the bullet and say "Oh hay you guyz were right. I know nothing and will just be owned". Not like it matters really what I'd say anyway since my opinion of movies have been forever tarnished straight from my likes or dislikes. But I guess in a weird twist of sorts, I did the same thing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 02:02 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 11:02 AM #93 of 98
Your reputation is more tarnished by your admission of having judged Sean Penn's role in Milk without having so much as seen it than anything else. That's just low.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 02:12 PM #94 of 98
True, but I didn't have much of a reputation anyway.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 02:16 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2009, 11:16 AM #95 of 98
At least your positive spirit outshines those shortcomings.

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:14 PM #96 of 98
True, but I didn't have much of a reputation anyway.
After this thread? Think again.

How ya doing, buddy?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:22 PM #97 of 98
Dagget, why don't you admit that you judge the acting you see on the screen and compare it only to the acting you see in the ring?

Penn has done a fantastic job in acting in a lot of the films he's done. Painful, honest, and excellent. I Am Sam, Dead Man Walking, Mystic River... they're all really great roles he filled more than well.

You can't tell he's faking it, unlike the wrestlers you're accustomed to. =/

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:29 PM #98 of 98
Everyone is absolutely right. I was being biased and a complete fucktard. I apologize and my mouth (or hands) won't touch that certain subject again.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] ITE: LeHah Lists The Oscar Nominations For 2009