Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Uwe Boll to receive Lifetime Suck Award

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:27 AM Local time: Jan 25, 2009, 10:27 PM #1 of 11
Uwe Boll to receive Lifetime Suck Award

Uwe Boll Carves Impressive Swath of Disrepute with Nine Razzie Nominations

Quote:
When we first saw a leaked version of the 2008 Razzies Shortlist a few weeks back, we bemoaned the lack of nominations for Seven Pounds, and were dismayed by the possible inclusion of Zac Efron on this year's Schadenfreude-laden ballots. However, now that the final nominations for the 2008 Golden Raspberry Awards have been announced, HSM disciples can breathe a sigh of relief, for their body-hairless hero did not make the final cut. Rather, distressed comedian Mike Myers and internet punching bag Uwe Boll lead the way, the latter being singled out for the organization's first Career Achievement dis-honor since the rubber shark from the Jaws series took the prize home in 1988. See the complete list of nominations after the jump.

Worst Picture:
Disaster Movie and Meet The Spartans (a dual nomination!); The Happening; The Hottie and The Nottie; In The Name of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale; The Love Guru

Worst Actor:

Larry the Cable Guy (Witless Protection); Eddie Murphy (Meet Dave); Mike Myers (The Love Guru); Al Pacino (88 Minutes and Righteous Kill); Mark Wahlberg (The Happening and Max Payne)

Worst Actress:

The Cast of The Women (Annette Bening; Eva Mendes; Debra Messing; Jada Pinkett-Smith and Meg Ryan); Cameron Diaz (What Happens In Vegas); Paris Hilton (The Hottie And The Nottie); Kate Hudson (Fool's Gold and My Best Friend's Girl)

Worst Supporting Actor:

Uwe Boll (Uwe Boll’s Postal); Pierce Brosnan (Mamma Mia!); Ben Kingsley (The Love Guru and War, Inc and The Wackness); Burt Reynolds (Deal and In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale); Verne Troyer (The Love Guru and Uwe Boll's Postal)

Worst Supporting Actress:

Carmen Electra (Disaster Movie and Meet The Spartans); Paris Hilton (Repo: The Genetic Opera); Kim Kardashian (Disaster Movie); Jenny McCarthy (Witless Protection); Leelee Sobieski (88 Minutes and In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale)

Worst Screen Couple:

Uwe Boll & ANY Actor, Camera or Screenplay; Cameron Diaz & Ashton Kutcher (What Happens In Vegas); Paris Hilton and either Christine Lakin or Joel David Moore (The Hottie & The Nottie); Larry the Cable Guy & Jenny McCarthy (Witless Protection); Eddie Murphy IN Eddie Murphy (Meet Dave)

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel:

The Day The Earth Blowed Up Real Good; Disaster Movie and Meet The Spartans; Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull; Speed Racer; Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Worst Director:

Uwe Boll (1968: Tunnel Rats; In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale and Postal); Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer (Disaster Movie and Meet The Spartans); Tom Putnam (The Hottie & The Nottie); Marco Schnabel (The Love Guru); M. Night Shyamalan (The Happening)

Worst Screenplay:

Disaster Movie and Meet The Spartans (both written by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer); The Happening (written by M. Night Shyamalan); The Hottie & The Nottie (written by Heidi Ferrer); In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (screenplay by Doug Taylor); The Love Guru (written by Mike Myers & Graham Gordy)

Worst Career Achievement:
Uwe Boll
(Germany’s Answer to Ed Wood)
At long last, Karma has come down like the Hammer of Dawn. It's really too bad that he'll probably take this as an extreme compliment and take the reins on Bioshock just to spite gamers.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:33 AM Local time: Jan 25, 2009, 11:33 PM 1 #2 of 11
Can't roll my eyes hard enough at the Indy nod.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 02:33 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2009, 07:33 AM #3 of 11
Can't roll my eyes hard enough at the Indy nod.
Same for Speed Racer. I get some people didn't like it, but it wasn't one the worst films last year at all (also, I don't get how it actually fits into the category it's in).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 02:37 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2009, 01:37 AM #4 of 11
Same for Speed Racer. I get some people didn't like it, but it wasn't one the worst films last year at all (also, I don't get how it actually fits into the category it's in).
Sequel/rip-off of the cartoon.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 02:45 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2009, 07:45 AM #5 of 11
Sequel/rip-off of the cartoon.
Well it's not a sequel is it, and it's not a rip-off since they actually had the licence. Either way, I still call bullshit on its nomination.

I will say though, good to see Uwe Boll getting plenty of nominations, though as Ence says, he'll stupid enough to take this as some form of compliment.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 02:52 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2009, 02:52 AM #6 of 11
I think they purposely nominate some films that saw a little bit of box office success just to get attention, which would explain for Speed Racer. Sure, it wasn't the most horrible movie of the year, but if they actually nominated all the really bad movies, the Razzies wouldn't have any audience because people don't care or don't know about the truly bad movies that came out. You could probably fill the nominations with all the terrible horror movies alone that came out in 2008, with more credibility to each category.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 04:36 AM #7 of 11
Wow, they thought Burt Reynolds performance was worthy of Worst Supporting Actor for Dungeon Seige...how the fuck did Matthew Lillard NOT get a nomination for worst supporting actor for that and I don't want to hear any bullshit about how he was "so bad he was good".

Also, where the hell is Cloverfield in that list.

FELIPE NO

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 06:33 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2009, 12:33 PM #8 of 11
It's a bit of a shame that like the oscars, they seem to only have watched about 4 films all year. We get that those films are bad but there are so many other deserving films too.

That said, it's not like anyone is ever offended by picking up a Razzie any more, they're pretty much always seen as a compliment or just plain ignored. The whole thing has become something of a injoke in itself and anyway, as long as studios keep paying him I doubt Uwe Boll gives a fuck what the general public think of him.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 02:47 PM #9 of 11
I am thoroughly disappointed by the Razzies' snubbing of "Wanted." A more hollow, useless film I haven't seen all year. Morgan Freeman phoned it in; a cardboard cutout of Morgan would've sufficed. Jolie was her usual boring self. The plot was retarded - a "loom of fate?" Come on. I predicted the big twist within the first fifteen minutes. Horrid film and it's a shame the Razzies didn't see fit to commemorate its failure.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:37 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2009, 07:37 PM #10 of 11
But... But... JOLIE SHOWS ASS CRACK!

How ya doing, buddy?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:00 PM #11 of 11
Partial nudity does not equal acting skill.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Uwe Boll to receive Lifetime Suck Award