Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Family Kicked Out of Buffet Restaurant

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 06:41 AM #26 of 53
All the buffets I go to have signs that say "Please Don't waste food". I think they were right in having them leave. Too many people take food for granted and just becuase its all you can eat doesn't mean you can take advantage of it and just feel free to throw it away. If she got the food for her kids then she should know their capacity especially since it happened more than once.
Although, the people at the resturant were watching them so they could have atleast gave them a warning unless they already got one of course

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 07:10 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 10:10 PM #27 of 53
After I select my food and take a few bites of something, (often on the toilet as it saves time), I go put the remains back in the tray. Everyone wins!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 07:46 AM #28 of 53
As a master of Hometown Buffet, I must adamently state that this woman and her family do not represent those of us that are serious buffet eaters.

The chinks should've thrown her out - if not thrown some awesome ninja stars at her head

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 07:47 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 07:47 AM #29 of 53
I can see the family's point of view, but I have to side with the restaurant on this one. Like many others have said, yes, it's all you can eat, but you do have to be courteous to other customers and the restaurant.

Now if they were getting charged per plate, they'd have a strong case, cause they have to pay for it everytime they order and waste it. But seriously, if you take 4 items from an all you can eat, but then only take a small bite out of one of them, and throw the rest away, then that's at least 3 other items that other customers could've gotten but can't now (yeah, the restaurant might have plenty of food, but still, you shouldn't repeatedly take food you don't intend on eating, as that family's done before apparently).

I think if they did it only occasionally, and only cause they accidentally grabbed one too many, it'd be okay. But if you do it each and everytime, and visit quite often, then of course the staff's going to eventually recognize that you waste food on purpose.

Yeah, sounds cliche and stupid, but some of these people should visit other parts of the world once, where there's not enough food to eat. I doubt anyone who goes there would ever waste food again.

I was speaking idiomatically.
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:38 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 09:38 AM #30 of 53
Originally Posted by Devo
I agree that people are consuming too much food and being generally wasteful. However, a buffet simply encourages this. It makes me laugh that you guys get pissed at the family for wasting food, and yet the restaurant makes it readily available.
Well, that doesn't excuse the fact that they need to learn some self-control. If you have a fridge full of tasty food that can be eaten on the spot, does that mean you should try to eat all of it, pick over the rest, and then throw it away?

I guess this just goes with the fact that people go crazy and want to gather all that they can at buffets, even if they can't handle it. (Buffets = Hungry Hungry Hippos: Human Edition)

People just need to be taught to eat everything on their plate or to not get so much. The Klump family would be devastated if they saw this tragedy today. (they died from heart failure while finishing off the fat on their hot wings...Is that what 'cleaning your plate' does for you?)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by vuigun; May 10, 2006 at 02:31 PM.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:52 AM #31 of 53
Originally Posted by Gecko3
But seriously, if you take 4 items from an all you can eat, but then only take a small bite out of one of them, and throw the rest away, then that's at least 3 other items that other customers could've gotten but can't now (yeah, the restaurant might have plenty of food, but still, you shouldn't repeatedly take food you don't intend on eating, as that family's done before apparently).
That's the point I wanted to make. They take a plate full of stuff take a nibble toss it then get the same exact stuff...
so if this family were at home and they had pork on their dish they'd eat small nibble, trash everything on their plate then go back to the kitchen for some more pork?? I'm pretty sure their answer is, "NO". So it's not ok for them to waste food at home but it's ok for them to waste food outside of their home??
This shows that people really have poor judgement, poor morales and very low IQ.

I saw the news video on aol site yesterday, the family's only defense was, "it's an all you can eat place" The mother even showed what food was on her children's plate by circling areas of a plate. She kept saying it was only a little bit but the pretty much circled the entire plate.

Here's the video, open this in a new window because it resizes your browser

FELIPE NO
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:03 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 10:03 AM #32 of 53
Originally Posted by jouhou
So it's not ok for them to waste food at home but it's ok for them to waste food outside of their home??
Pretty much. I've seen a lot of people try to load up on food just because they paid for a buffet so they want to get their money's worth. This can make some people get greedy and just try to gather as much as they can. (Again, Hungry Hungry Hippos: Human Edition)

When you actually have to pay for individual food yourself, a lot of people get a little more hesitant about wasting food.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:23 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 11:23 PM #33 of 53
The real issue here is kids and the solution is obvious: kids should never be allowed to eat out ever. They rek everything.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:38 AM #34 of 53
Hey its the restaurant owner's rights. From what I can tell its a privately owned business. Those people aren't obligated to anything at that restaurant. If someone was wasting my food like that, I'd be pretty pissed off too.

FGSFDS!!!
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 12:16 PM #35 of 53
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
Americans are so fucking wasteful! My children were taught to eat what's on their plate...ESPECIALLY if they served themselves. :You know children" my ass. It's about time somebody took some action against picky, wasteful retards like these people. If the restaurant owners are really Chinese, they probably had about as much as they could take of us wasteful, spoiled Americans and just snapped.

Also, I like how this article proves my point that restaurant workers really do notice their guests and will start to get pissed off at repeat customers who are too demanding/don't tip/don't know how to conduct themselves in public.
Finally something we agree on.

I'd love to see a little karma action here - I'd love it if she had guests over at her place and they raided her fridge and cupboards, leaving everything out to spoil / go stale or just throwing it in the garbage.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 12:17 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 06:17 PM #36 of 53
As has been noted with regards to the Crab Legs, grabbing a whole bunch of food actually decreases the supply of scarce dishes to other diners. Sure, there will be another batch along shortly, but by then the person who didn't get any could easily have finished his buffet and left. Taking more than you are going to eat decreases the experience for all buffet diners.

Personally, at a buffet, I get small servings of a few dishes, then go back. That's the whole point. You can keep going back until you're stuffed. I never waste anything I'm not certain I can eat unless it's the first time I tried that particular dish. Even then, if it's just a small serving, no problem.

I don't really approve of the buffet practice of loading up your plate until it's groaning under the weight anyway. It sounds like the family were doing exactly that, and there's no reason to. You can keep going back, as often as you want to, so why grab a whole load on your first trip.

It's all been said before, but I'd have to say that I think the family shouldn't complain too loudly.

How ya doing, buddy?
nanashiusako
Good Chocobo

Member 4749

Level 17.91

Apr 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 12:37 PM #37 of 53
Well, I guess it is an all you can EAT buffet. It is wasteful to take a lot of food and then eat none of it, though occasionally kids' eyes are bigger than their stomachs, if you know what I mean. The children should have been reprimanded for being wasteful. The owners should have spoken quietly to the family first and told them what they thought instead of just kicking them out. Now the restaurant will probably end up getting some bad publicity.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 01:07 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 11:07 AM #38 of 53
Originally Posted by jouhou
I saw the news video on aol site yesterday, the family's only defense was, "it's an all you can eat place" The mother even showed what food was on her children's plate by circling areas of a plate. She kept saying it was only a little bit but the pretty much circled the entire plate.

Here's the video, open this in a new window because it resizes your browser
Hmm.. The woman looked overwieghted despite the shadows. I bet her kids are porkers too.

This being said... I don't think I can say anything that everyone else hasn't covered. Wasting food is rude. I've been to a few buffets and I tend to pace myself and get a little at a time so I don't end up with a plate full of food and my stomach ready to burst.

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 01:26 PM #39 of 53
Originally Posted by evergreen
Buffets are all you can eat for a reason: they're usually not as good as one stop food. Who can blame anyone when they don't like it?
The family were regular customers at the resturaunt. I guess if you had to blame anyone for not liking it, it would be them.

FELIPE NO
Frylock
Syklis Green

Member 1779

Level 8.23

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:56 PM #40 of 53
They could build a really narrow doorway, have itty-bitty plates and only supply you with chopsticks.

Admit it though, you know everyone has loaded a huge pile of grind at the AYCE China grill and after one bite, feared for life and health... "Maybe I'll skip the mysto beef thrill ride today and try the soup."...

Those joints are gross. I never finish and I consider the left-over piles of food a "Hint"

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Mr. Danielsard
Starting this Summer ^)^

Member 581

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 10:35 PM #41 of 53
Originally Posted by Arainach
I wish more Restaraunts did this.
Agree... people should serve theirselves small ammounts of food, and if they still hungry after finishing, then go for more, not serve themselves as if they were not going to eat never else in their lives, waste food that others could eat, and risk to get banned from the restaurant

What will they be?
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:14 PM #42 of 53
Wow, I've never heard of that happening before.
Take 4 eggrolls take one bite and throw them all away is pretty insane.
It's only common sense not to take a whole plate of something you don't even know your going to be able to eat, then just throw it all away.

If everyone wasted large amounts of food at buffets they couldn't afford to stay in the all you can eat business.

*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:52 PM #43 of 53
Perhaps a little warning first, and then if it happens again, they should of definately kicked them out.

kiyomitsu
Suriyan

Member 6485

Level 2.74

May 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 08:02 AM #44 of 53
Considering that it is a repeat occurrance over a period of time, I would say that the restaurant was correct in its actions. With the lack of food in several countries around the world, consistant wasting of food at a private business is rude.

Plus, its not the end of the world. Get a grip, and go find another restaurant. ;/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 08:30 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 01:30 PM #45 of 53
They should consider the fact that they're not the only people who paid for the food that they wasted.

How ya doing, buddy?
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 09:00 AM #46 of 53
Quite frankly, the restaurant owners are running a private, family-owned business. If they wanted to kick them out because they didn't like their haircut, then so be it. That wouldn't be a SMART move by any means, but you know what I mean .

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 09:55 AM #47 of 53
With buffets I don't waste food...

...but sometimes at my college diner my thirst outdoes my hunger and before you know it I've downed three glasses of lemonade and I'm not hungry anymore. That and the college food tastes like shit.

But yeah, those people are wasteful.

FELIPE NO
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 09:57 AM #48 of 53
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem
That and the college food tastes like shit
Lemme guess - Sodexho does your food service?

Most amazing jew boots
DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 09:57 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 12:57 AM #49 of 53
Assuming that all the facts in the article are accurate, I think that the restaurant definitely had a valid reason to refuse further service to that family. I can't stand that sort of pointless waste, and it's something that can be easily avoided if the parents trained their kids a little better >___>;

Still, that being said, I do think that the restaurant owners should have addressed the issue on an earlier occassion by giving the family a warning (i.e. letting them know about their policy against wasting food, and asking them to try and not waste so much food next time).

So, yeah, in short the restaurant owners were definitely justified in being annoyed at the food wastage... However, they could have addressed the matter differently by first giving a warning at an earlier occassion rather than waiting till breaking point and coming down like a tonne of bricks.

ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 06:41 AM #50 of 53
Originally Posted by LeHah
Lemme guess - Sodexho does your food service?
I wouldn't be surprised.

(Yes they do my college's food service too.)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Family Kicked Out of Buffet Restaurant