Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Earliest childhood memory

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 01:55 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 12:55 AM #1 of 45
Earliest childhood memory

What's your earliest childhood memory?

I very distinctly remember driving to the mall (which I called the "Far far far far far far far far far far far-away mall, with that many fars) when I was somewhere between 2 and 3. We saw the wreckage of an accident, and were stuck in traffic for a long time next to a sky blue Volkswagon bug and some canary yellow car, both on our left. On the right was the wreck, and I remember seeing one of the guys in the crash on a stretcher with a neck brace and a bloodied-up head. We were going to the mall to get me a new car seat - one of the kind that was more of a booster chair that had a padded plastic bar that came over the front. It was for big boys. =D

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 02:01 AM #2 of 45
My earliest memory is probably something from Disney World. But, if not, it's that time we went to Texas for my cousin's wedding.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 02:11 AM #3 of 45
The earliest memory I have took place when I was (a little older than) 3 years old and I was moving from NY to CT. I remember sleeping during the trek and as we crossed the NY/CT border my mother woke me up from my slumber. It was dark out and I specifically remember seeing the highway lights pass intermittently overhead as I laid in the backseat. It was an interesting experience because it was the first time I had ever moved.

I also remember my mother telling me to "back up from that window!" as I peered out over the local area from our hotel room the very same night.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Observant Provisions | [adult swim]
"Dude, this is gonna.. Man, this is gonna wicked, like, really hurt."
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 02:25 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 12:25 AM #4 of 45
My first memory is being pushed around in a stroller in a shopping center in Singapore.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 08:12 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 02:12 PM #5 of 45
My earliest memory is of when I was about 6 months old.

I was in my pram down at the shops with my grandad, it was a nice sunny day, and we stopped outside of the shop for a while while my grandad talked to someone.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 11:49 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 01:19 PM #6 of 45
Mine was when I was 4 years old wakeing up on xmas morning. My mom woke me up and my brother came in with a toy doctor set. He said 'c'mon and open up your presents', I was plesently suprised that when I open a box, I get a toy... I then decided that I love this day.

How ya doing, buddy?
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:14 PM #7 of 45
I was either 2 or 3... my grandmother was on a rampage, eager to get my sister, my cousins, and I to sit down and be quiet. I ran to my grandpa, and he slipped my a Three Musketeer's bar. It made me happy and quieted me down.

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:59 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 05:59 PM #8 of 45
Living in a very modern house in Frankfurt with a huge glass wall facing out into the backyard. Until recently I'd always assumed I was three, maybe four, but my mother tells me we moved away around January 1992.

So I must have been one year old.

edit: Oh, and from a similar time period I remember being in the back seat of our car at the time, and we saw a horrible car wreck in which apparently both the occupants had died. Being the innocent two-year-old I was, I said something along the lines of "they'll have to buy a new car now!"

How ya doing, buddy?
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 01:54 PM #9 of 45
I can't remember if this a memory of a picture, or a memory of the thing itself, but there was a log cabin, and I was looking down some stairs.

I know for sure this is a real memory, but when we lived in Maine, we drove by a toys r us really late at night, and there were these silo structures that had lights on them.

Oh, no, my aunt giving me a bath, the knobs on the faucet looked like crystals. This is anywhere between 1 and 3 years.

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 01:55 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 10:55 AM #10 of 45
I remember sitting in front of an aquarium while in my stroller. The aquarium was in the living room, and I think my mother left me there for a moment because she went to get something before we left. I just remember what color the fish were and what the aquarium looked like before my mother or someone else came back.

How ya doing, buddy?
Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 02:19 PM #11 of 45
My earliest memory can be a number of things, since the majority of what I remember is my time in Germany.
My earliest memory might be when I was 3. I saw my baby sister inside my mommy's tummy!
I also remember playing with blocks. Or my earliest memory might be when I was a baby lying down in the car looking up.

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 02:54 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 02:54 PM #12 of 45
Mine was hiding from my (first) babysitter's boyfriend, who was trying to beat on her senselessly. We hid at her mother's Toolshed.

WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
Fiddlegoof
Chicken butt!

Member 16189

Level 13.88

Nov 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 03:00 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 01:00 PM #13 of 45
It may have been a dream, but I'm almost certain that my first memory came on my day of birth.

I remember sitting in a tub in the hospital, looking at my parents through a glass looking window. The nurses were giving me a bath, but then they showered water on my head to wash me off. I remember screaming, flailing and panicking, and then the last thing I remember from that day was when I was wrapped in a while blanket, and sitting in a crib in the hospital, watching my parents through the window again.

It's strange, because my next memory wasn't until I was about 3 years old.

franposis
yoink

Member 18158

Level 7.77

Jan 2007

Old Jan 21, 2007, 03:30 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 08:30 PM #14 of 45
2 years old, when we visited my (somewhat scary) grandmother in Kent and we went for a horse and cart ride. I remember looking at the big black horse ^_^

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

A roflwaffle approved MSPaint MASTERPIECE
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 03:34 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 01:34 PM #15 of 45
Hmm. I think I was 2, maybe even 1. I was following my mom around the house, and she didn't know (I was a ninja from a very young age). She closed a door... on my fingers, and I cried long time. ;_;

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 03:47 PM #16 of 45
I vaguely remember crawling around the floor of some photography studio waiting room. My mom had taken me there to either pick up some family photos or arrange to have them taken later. That place has been closed for a long time now, and it's sort of a skateboarder hangout last I heard.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 04:17 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 04:17 PM #17 of 45
I remember when I was 2 and moved a box of paper towels over to a dresser drawer and climbed up. My mother caught me however and took a picture because it was cute.....

I will never live that pic down...

Phantasma
-9-

Member 18429

Level 2.12

Jan 2007

Old Jan 22, 2007, 02:46 PM #18 of 45
Hm, the youngest I remember was me being a zoo... watching some crocodiles then I remember talking about a parrot. I guess I was 3 at those times.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chaotic Lullaby
.357 in nylons & rouge

Member 459

Level 12.79

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 03:21 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 12:21 PM #19 of 45
all of my early childhood memories involve earthquakes. the first one i can clearly remember was i was sitting on the floor in my living room, playing with some toys. my mother was still sleeping (my parents' room was right off the living room), but when the shaking started she woke up, saw me, and started yelling something at me that i couldn't hear. i looked around and saw a bunch of windups from her collection falling off of the air conditioner where she kept them, and i knew i wasn't supposed to touch those, so i thought she was yelling at me about them. so i started shouting back, "i didn't do it! i'm not touching them!"

i looked it up, and came up with a 6.1 earthquake on july 8, 1986 at about 9 am. that'd put me at not quite two years old.

this space for rent.
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 05:02 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 03:02 PM #20 of 45
The earliest memory I have is being in the hallway of my uncle's apartment complex (before his schizophrenia surfaced and he had to move in with my grandparents). I was about 2 at time. I distinctly remembered dark red carpeting and dark wood-panel walls. I described this scene to my parents years later and they were amazed I remembered that kind of detail. Sadly, nowadays, I forget what I had for lunch last week.

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 05:17 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 10:17 PM #21 of 45
I recall being about three, my first day of nursery. I had taken one of my toys, a cuddly parrot which I later named Seagoon (Thinks - The Goon Show), but when I got to the door and my mother had gone, the staff told me I had to put him in a big cardboard box with all the other kid's teddies until the end of the day ;__; I was so upset.

BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 05:22 PM #22 of 45
I was a year and a half old. I remember my older brother (who was 8) giving me a bath and scaring me with a roach (This is Southern Mississippi we're talking about here). Shortly after I managed to dose myself with gasoline and was hospitalized for 3 days because of it. Good times I guess. =)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 06:32 PM Local time: Jan 22, 2007, 04:32 PM #23 of 45
When I was about 3 or 4 I distinctly remember my mother trying to teach me the very limited English she knew. She still can't speak English worth a lick, but she knew things like "hi", "me", "you", "father", "mother" and other basic words. I started speaking Spanish when I was 2 and by the time I was in 4th grade I was already fluent in Spanish and partial English.

I'd like to think that my mother had something to do with that by burning that shit into my brain when all I could think about was how to suck my thumb.

Most amazing jew boots
Lalala
astro lady

Member 6122

Level 6.82

May 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 08:42 PM #24 of 45
My earliest memory is very vague, but I remember that it was my birthday and I was turning 3 yrs old. All I remember was the the party I had, that was located in the dining room of my house. I had one of those white cakes with the rainbow sprinkles on them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:27 AM #25 of 45
The earliest memory I remember is my Mom vacuuming, while I watched her from the couch. I think I was about 3.

It's kind of hard, 'cause some of the memories that were flowing through my mind (while I was trying to think of the earliest memory I could) were actually from videos of when I was 3 or 4 that I watched when I was around 10. Like I didn't know they happened (one was in a hotel in New Jersey, the other was when I was in Santa Claus's village in one of the northeastern states - New Hampshire I think) until I watched the videos.

Still though, I'm 100% sure I remember that vacuuming memory - I don't think my dad would videotape my mom vacuuming the carpet...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Earliest childhood memory