Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Aging Someone in Photoshop

GrimReaper
Bringer of Death

Member 880

Level 21.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 09:00 AM #1 of 6
Aging Someone in Photoshop

Not sure where this thread is supposed to go so if it needs to be moved, please do so. Has anyone ever aged someone in photoshop? What kind of techniques do you use? I've done a lot of photo retouching but it's usually to make someone look younger. Please share. I'd really like to learn how to do this.

How ya doing, buddy?
Death To You!!!
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 02:13 AM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 12:13 AM #2 of 6
Heh I tried to attempt that myself on a Photoshop project, but really had no idea how to go about it. I tried to use the liquify filter, but it just made me look like I had down syndrome.

One way to go about it I suppose is to make a new layer on Multiply and just paint in the wrinkles and such.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
alaekiefer
Carob Nut

Member 2664

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 01:49 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 02:49 AM #3 of 6
I suppose the other option is to work backwards with regards to Photoshop photo retouching tutorials. Most photo shop tutorials about retouching try to achieve a youthful look, so instead, you could work your way backwards to get an elderly look.

Also, look at lots of photos and check to see common features of age - namely, droopy eyebags, wrinkled skins, facial lines, etc - and try to replicate them.

How ya doing, buddy?
Azral
Tyrant Rave!

Member 869

Level 6.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 05:30 PM #4 of 6
I know how to do it, and have taught a few photoshop classes... the problem is that I tend to teach by showing examples and working with the students.

if your looking to learn how to do it, I could possibly create a tutorial, or if you just want it done... I could do that much faster and easier ^_^

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
daxy
Chocobo

Member 3716

Level 9.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 06:16 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 12:16 AM #5 of 6
You could make a cool thread of this. send pictures and you or whoever is able to do it could make them look aged. How would GFF members look in about 60 years.

How ya doing, buddy?
GrimReaper
Bringer of Death

Member 880

Level 21.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:39 PM #6 of 6
Originally Posted by Azral
I know how to do it, and have taught a few photoshop classes... the problem is that I tend to teach by showing examples and working with the students.

if your looking to learn how to do it, I could possibly create a tutorial, or if you just want it done... I could do that much faster and easier ^_^
A tutorial would be great if it's not too much trouble. Or you can just give me the gist of how it's done, or a few tips. Thanks in advanced!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Death To You!!!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Aging Someone in Photoshop