Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The best Anti-Virus/Anti-Ad Software

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 02:36 AM #1 of 7
The best Anti-Virus/Anti-Ad Software

I have a real doozy of a spyware earlier tonight. It disabled my task manager, it closes my internet whenever I typed "virus" or "scan" in anything (yes, it nearly froze as I typed those words), and Ad Aware constantly freezes when it scans for things. My monitor will get staticy, my homepage changes....basically it's a whole lot of shit.

So I downloaded a french antivirus software from mininova. It helped a lot, but only temporary. The crap is still in my windows folder, and there's still a lot of spyware detected. So I need your opinion on what the best anti-virus/anti-spyware program there is, so I can fix this mess and be safe from any future infestations. I could really use your help here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Duminas
Something

Member 29

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 05:14 AM Local time: May 14, 2006, 02:14 AM #2 of 7
Tried booting into Safe Mode and running things? I am fairly sure you know how, but if not, slam on F8 while Windows is booting and select Safe Mode when it asks how you want to start Windows.

Beyond that, I tend to rely upon the trio of AVG, Spybot, and Spyware Blaster (all free)--beyond that always seems to be frivilous for my needs.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Need help using an FTP client? Look no further! ««
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 10:32 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 11:32 AM #3 of 7
Trend Micro has some great online scanners, got rid of a few things that Spybot, Adaware & ZoneAlarm Security Suite were unable to.

http://www.trendmicro.com/spyware-scan/default.asp

http://www.trendmicro.com/cwshredder/default.asp

http://www.trendmicro.com/hc_intro/default.asp

Most amazing jew boots
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 10:43 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 08:43 AM #4 of 7
The best way to ax all your spyware and viruses is to scan the HDD from an OS not affected by the viruses. Run a combination of AVG, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Windows Defender and whatver else you can get your hands on. If you do this from a separate drive, you should be able to root out most, if not all the malware, since it can't defend itself when not running with the infected OS.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 11:43 AM #5 of 7
I'm a big fan of AVG as well.

I was speaking idiomatically.
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 05:56 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 01:56 AM #6 of 7
Try Hitman Pro is ultimate spyware remover and use ZoneAlarm for firewall

Most amazing jew boots
reflectiVe
R.I.P., J. Dilla. (Jay Dee)

Member 5717

Level 7.21

Apr 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:20 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 03:20 PM #7 of 7
It's smarter to use more than one scanning Utility. Some programs pick up different faults as compared to others. IE: Spybot & Ad-aware. Completely different results sometimes.

Anyways, I suggest the following. Ewido (I usually use this FIRST, cleans up a lot of problems), Windows Defender, Ad-aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, and use HouseCall Trendmicro for a virus scanner. (http://housecall.trendmicro.com/) If you can that is.

If this problem persists I suggest doing a Windows Repair. Last resort but it fixes the essentials.

FELIPE NO

This is message is dedicated to real Hip-hop

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > The best Anti-Virus/Anti-Ad Software