Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Steam goes a little bit nuts

Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Dec 20, 2010, 02:08 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2010, 01:08 PM #1 of 20
Steam goes a little bit nuts

I logged on to Steam today, only to discover that they were having some kind of sale.

The kind where there are about 1000 specials happening.

If you've ever been thinking about getting something on steam, there's a good chance that it's on sale today, so you should check it out.

EDIT:

Oh, wait, it just the holiday sale, i just saw price changes before they were done updating. Fact remains that stuff is disgustingly cheap. Valve complete pack for $25? even I can't say no to that.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2010, 03:26 PM #2 of 20
There's a shitload of game packs. There's a rumored "Potato Pack" that includes:

AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Audiosurf, Bit.Trip Beat, Braid, Cogs, Defense Grid, Killing Floor, Red Orchestra, Super Meat Boy, The Ball, The Wonderful End of the world, Toki Tori

That one doesn't appear to be live just yet, but the following packs are all $5 and have 5 games apiece. That's $1 per game! And they're all live now:

Indie Smarts Pack - Droplitz, Lumines, Puzzle Agent, Puzzle Dimension, Quantz
Indie Fright Pack - Burn Zombie Burn!, The Path, The Scourge Project, The Void, Zombie Driver
Indie Flight Pack - DogFighter, Everyday Shooter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Guns of Icarus
Indie Mix Pack - Cogs, Darwinia, DEFCON, Eufloria, Plain Sight
Indie 2D Pack - Bullet Candy, Galcon Fusion, Geometry Wars, Super Laser Racer, VVVVVV
Indie Fantasy Pack - Bob Came in Pieces, Faerie Solitaire, Fortix, NyxQuest, Spectromancer

There's also a $20 pack:

$20 Indie Heavy Hitters Pack - AudioSurf, Braid, Osmos, Shattered Horizon, The Maw, Trine, World of Goo, Zeno Clash

There's a few other packs that've been posted online that don't appear to be up yet.

Indie Adventure Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Jolly Rover, Mr Robot, Samorost2
Indie Beat Pack: Beat Hazard, Bit.Trip Beat, Chime, Rhythm Zone, Turba
Indie Brain Pack: Big Brain Wolf, Diamond Dan, Puzzle Bots, Windowsill, Zen Bound 2
Indie Future Pack: Hacker Evolution, Hammerfight, System Protocol One, Twin Sector, Uplink
Indie Kids Pack: Delve Deeper, Crayon Physics, Max & Magic Marker, Secret of Magic Crystal, Toki Tori

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2010, 04:08 PM #3 of 20
I'm partially amused by the Deus Ex GOTY Edition. It's listed as $4.99, but if you get the Deus Ex PACK, it includes Deus Ex 2 and costs only $2.99. It's like they're apologizing for the second game or something.

Most amazing jew boots
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2010, 04:19 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2010, 03:19 PM #4 of 20
Store is getting ridiculously hammered, sometimes even the main store page won't load for me in the client, or it'll load ridiculously slow.

I'll take looks at it again later tonight.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:58 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2010, 08:58 PM 1 #5 of 20
I think the Valve Pack got kicked back up to $50.

I'm waiting on the daily deals myself, but I couldn't resist grabbing Sid Meier's Pirates for $2.50...

I was speaking idiomatically.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:23 AM #6 of 20
I'm still holding out for the Borderlands DLC to go on sale again.

Come on, baby! I need to shoot some zombies!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2010, 04:18 AM Local time: Dec 21, 2010, 03:18 AM #7 of 20
There is a fright indie pack for just that sort of zombie killing fetish.

And it contains the absolutely fabulous THE VOID, which will creepy you into next week.

Do it, faggot

FELIPE NO
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:53 PM #8 of 20
I went ahead and picked up Bioshock since I never finished it, and Super Meat Boy.

HOLY SHIT. I fucking HATE Super Meat Boy. I find this game to be that god damn challenging. I also love it for this same reason. I feel that a gamepad would make it slightly easier, but probably not enough to make that much of a difference. I dunno.

Fucking great deal at $3.75, though. Damn. Spent less than $10 on 2 awesome games.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:48 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2010, 11:48 AM #9 of 20
I had a retarded day yesterday and neglected to pick up Super Meat Boy and I'm kicking myself in the ass for it now.

Made up for it a little today though by picking up the Indie 2D Pack, which is more than worth the $5 for Geometry Wars and VVVVVV alone. And I've only played the demo for VVVVVV.

I'm really hoping that Dragon Age goes down more. I'm sure it's good and all, but I can't really spare $22.50 each for that and the expansion.

How ya doing, buddy?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2010, 03:10 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2010, 03:10 PM #10 of 20
For those who've never dealt with this sale before, just make a list of games you want. There have been cases of a game getting "double-dipped" on discounts. Two years back, in the first Xmas sale I bought from, I snagged the iD superpack for, like, $30 on the first day (it had a good percent off at that time). Two days later, it was axed down to $15 If it's a daily deal, get it. If it isn't try to hold out until the last day.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:25 PM #11 of 20
Passed on Titan's Quest yesterday (I still haven't gotten around to playing Diablo 2 so I figured why bother getting that now), but I did pick up the Witcher today for $5. Heard nothing but good things about it. I though the required specs for it were much higher, but looked online and ran a test and our laptop actually exceeds all the recommended specs for it, so that's awesome. Probably won't get to it for a while, but fuck it's five goddamn dollars!

Also I like how it's over 14 gigs, and Steam is getting so slammed it's taking over 2 hours to download it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:43 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2010, 04:43 PM #12 of 20
You won't regret the witcher, Philia. That game is fantastic.

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2010, 08:50 PM #13 of 20
I'm thinking of getting Titan's Quest for 5 bucks and I'm playing the waiting game for The Last Remnant. I've been after this game for who knows how long (I've only seen one store stocking it and then zippo) and have been waiting for a nice sale. Sadly, the first time it went on sale I was in Las Vegas. I'm still miffed over that 'cause I heard it was ten bucks. Argh. Well I'm hoping the holiday sale this year will lower the price further.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:13 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2010, 07:13 PM #14 of 20
Oh, Recettear is just 10 bucks. About time I picked it up.

Capitalism, ho!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:45 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2010, 08:45 PM #15 of 20
IMO, Titan Quest is the best in its genre, better than Diablo 2, Torchlight and Sacred 2 (hi shin). But, Freelance, it was $5 for a day only - it might go down to $5 again, but it's $10 now. Still worth it.

I'm getting Witcher and Lara Croft today. Also threw in Puzzle Quest so that I can play it on my laptop.

FELIPE NO
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:12 PM #16 of 20
What? Oh no! I was going to play the demo first before deciding and while I was doing that the price went up? Boooo! I didn't want to spend too much because I just came back from a trip. Hmmm...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:57 AM #17 of 20
Figure this is the best thread for this: got two Killing Floor guest passes I'm not using, so if anybody wants to give it a spin...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:04 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2010, 06:04 AM #18 of 20
Freelance --
It might go back on sale on the final day. In past years, they id some "best of" sale or something on the final day. No promises, but they've done it in the past. And that was one of the top sellers, if I recall. Just put it on your list and wait it out until then.
Oh, Recettear is just 10 bucks. About time I picked it up.

Capitalism, ho!
Recettear was part of a $5 bundle not too long ago. You can get it for even cheaper if you want to wait :V

Also, in reference to Pang's mentioning, I highly recommend Killing Floor, for those who are curious.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:43 AM #19 of 20
Yah that's what I'm planning on doing with Last Remnant before purchasing it. As for Titan's Quest bundle, I solved the issue by buying it for 5 bucks at Direct2Drive. Whoo!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Steam goes a little bit nuts