Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Long Distance Relationships

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:25 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2010, 01:25 AM #1 of 18
We've been apart for most of our relationship, whether it's just neighboring cities or something bigger. Now we're on different outskirts of Europe. And we're doing fine in the long run. There are difficult days that don't really depend on the relationship that much. Bad days, and other things like that.

It just requires two people who are reasonable and not crazy obsessive or the other polar opposite. Or bipolar. Can't work with that.

My significant other is a little bit on the clingy side, definitely not anything serious, though. And I'm very much a lone wolf. I really need my space and time alone. We've managed to establish rules on how much attention craving or silence can be had before the other one becomes worried about the sanity of things. I guess it's not a big deal being apart if you know the other person. Sometimes compromises have to be made.

One "sacrifice" is complete trust. Which basically means no fooling around with other people. I've seen ALL couples (except one, for now) getting ripped apart by the combination of distance and third parties.

Whenever we see each other again, it's all awesome again, even if we were both depressed just a week before. It's also really helpful for us to plan the next "meeting" (always flight tickets involved) before separating physically again. Then it's just counting days and living our own lives in the meantime. Everything else just STOPS completely when we're together, so lives have to be lived some other time.

How ya doing, buddy?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2012, 06:20 PM Local time: Jan 5, 2012, 01:20 AM 1 #2 of 18
Oh, I've written some bullshit here. Seems like the post time stamp is from the time of day when I was drunk and happy.

Now we're separated. Couldn't feel better.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Long Distance Relationships