Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Smokers Anonymous

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:10 PM #1 of 93
Smokers Anonymous

Do you smoke?

How do you feel about smokers? How do you feel about them smoking in your presence?

If you are a smoker, what do you smoke? How much does it cost you per month? Is it worth it? Do you want to quit?

I smoke Marlboro Menthol Lights. I spend $5 on each pack I smoke. And I smoke about a pack a day. And what really pisses me off is that in the cold of winter, I have to move 20 feet away from the doors of a building to smoke.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Chaco
Pirate Day

Member 766

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:13 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:13 PM #2 of 93
I smoke. Constantly. Typicially Marlboro, Winston or Camels. Whatever is cheapest at the time. If I send someone else to buy them for me (like a friend for instance) he always seems to buy Newports which are kinda disgusting for me. They're almost too minty. I'd say an average of $5 to $10 a day on cigarettes. Usually one pack maybe a pack and some from another but rarely two whole ones unless I go out to a big gathering and have people grubbing left and right.

The habit does not bother me at all despite my dad wanting me to quit to put cigarette money in a retirement fund.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
stormshadow
Syklis Green

Member 171

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:13 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:13 PM #3 of 93
I still smoke though I am working on quitting. As for what it costs me, I figure about $60 a month give or take.

Is it worth it, not really. As for what I smoke that would be good old Marlboro Lights. Even at home I don't smoke indoors, so being outside in the middle of winter doesn't bother me too much.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:14 PM #4 of 93
Smokers do what they have to do. Can't have any less respect for them. Now, if they start hacking in between puffs and coughing up goodness knows what, maybe it's time for a lifestyle change.

I don't find myself in the company of smokers often (except lately, at the pool hall/bar I've been frequenting, and that's negligible exposure), but if I was in with a group of smokers I couldn't stand it, probably.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:14 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:14 PM #5 of 93
I don't smoke myself, but I really enjoy the smell of secondhand smoke for some reason. I have no desire to smoke myself (not because "it's wrong", but mainly because I feel it's a waste of money), but I don't mind being arounf other smokers. Sometimes I actually enjoy it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:19 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:19 PM #6 of 93
I have always wondered how it must feel to get your ass KICKED, on a regular basis, by a little cancer stick. The foul smell is probably the biggest problem that most people have with other people smoking, I am sure, and I suppose it is no different for me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:21 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:21 PM #7 of 93
I love the smell of a cigarette burnin'. Plan on trying it sometime soon. I honestly don't have an addictive personality. Will probably just do it once in a blue moon if someone offers me a cig.

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Chaco
Pirate Day

Member 766

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:23 PM #8 of 93
That's what they all say....

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nantuko
Wark!

Member 484

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:24 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 05:24 AM #9 of 93
I don't smoke. My Mother does. If some people are happy to pay money just to degrade their own health that's their own business.
When you smoke in presence of someone, he smokes too. So if anyone smokes in my presence, I tell him to move away and if doesn't care, I explain him that it's not fair to force someone (who has chosen not to smoke) to smoke. I just can't stand people who don't care to fill the whole room I am in with their smoke.

Last edited by nantuko; Mar 2, 2006 at 10:26 PM.
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:26 PM #10 of 93
I find smoking very pleasurable unfortunately. There's just something appealing about it. Luckily I usually only smoke when I'm drinking cause if I smoked a lot I'd be spending something like $8 a pack. When I was out East I smoked a hell of a lot, one cause I was drinking nearly all the time, and two because in China a pack of ciggaretts can cost as little as $0.30 depending on the type. In other words smoking is awesome. Smoke or be square.
Here in Canada if I were to buy cigarettes I'd buy Player's Light.

[/RIGHT]
KCJ506
Fuck you assholes

Member 809

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:29 PM #11 of 93
I don't smoke. It's just not me. Also I don't wanna get cancer. I don't support it either. But I don't have problems with people who do. If they wanna smoke they can. It's their life.

The smell bothers me sometimes. Especially weed. My senior year in high school, there was this boy who came to school EVERYDAY smelling like weed.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:31 PM #12 of 93
Originally Posted by KCJ506
I don't smoke. It's just not me. Also I don't wanna get cancer.
You're probably gonna get it one way or another.

Most amazing jew boots
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:32 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 02:02 PM #13 of 93
I don't smoke and don't have anything against smokers. But what I don't understand is why take up smoking cigarettes? As far as I know they don't have an purpose, all they are is harmful to your body. Say with marijuana you can get high, but with cigarettes I don't see a similar purpose.

Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:35 PM #14 of 93
I don't smoke, I have always been against doing that stuff. I am even against friends doing it around me, I cannot stand the smell AT ALL. I get serious headaches just from the smell of the smoke.

I don't know why I am as against it as much as I am, I just find it to be a rediculous habbit and hate seeing people I am good friends with doing it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:36 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:36 AM #15 of 93
I don't smoke, and nobody in my family does either. I don't really mind other smokers -- but only if they have the decency to stand upwind. Not exactly enamoured of people who light up and blow smoke right into a crowd.

FELIPE NO
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:38 PM #16 of 93
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Plan on trying it sometime soon.
Try it, but don't make it a habit, man. It gets really addictive, fast.

Though I find it a lot more mentally addictive than I do physically. I am sure I could go without the nicotene, but my fidgety, pro-productive nature makes me want to smoke constantly. Driving in the car, I light up maybe every 20 minutes or so. Here at the computer, I smoke every 15 minutes or so. Mostly because I can't sit still for the life of me.

Smoking really calms me too. On work days where I have an incredibly stressful workload, I reward myself for my productivity with a smoke. This is probably the most addictive characteristic I can think of. If I quit, I wouldn't have anything to reward myself with anymore. ;_;

Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:44 PM #17 of 93
I don't smoke, and I don't really like to be around people who smoke. (This is mainly because cigarette/cigar smoke gives me a massive headache.)
Though, I don't think badly of people who smoke. (I just wish that some would care more about sharing their exhaled cancer gas without asking first.)

How ya doing, buddy?
OZZcln
Fallen Angel

Member 645

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:48 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:48 PM #18 of 93
I smoke black and mild cigars, and Xtra's which are clove cigarettes, I've gotte to where I also smoke Djarum originals which are non-filtered cloves. I probably spend about $10-15 dollars a week or so on smokes. I don't really plan on quitting. I think they do a good job of saving lives though if you really think about it. I know smoking has kept me from choking a number of people at the gamestop I work at. XD

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:51 PM #19 of 93
Originally Posted by OZZcln
I smoke black and mild cigars, and Xtra's which are clove cigarettes, I've gotte to where I also smoke Djarum originals which are non-filtered cloves. I probably spend about $10-15 dollars a week or so on smokes. I don't really plan on quitting. I think they do a good job of saving lives though if you really think about it. I know smoking has kept me from choking a number of people at the gamestop I work at. XD
First off - long time no see, Ozz. Welcome back.

Man, I used to smoke those Djarums - the blacks. Those hurt my lungs so badly, I had to stop smoking most of anything flavored. Which is really disappointing because I always found them so enjoyable.

I am pretty sure Encephalon smokes Djarum regularly as well. How much do they run a pack in the south, Ozz?

Most amazing jew boots
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:54 PM #20 of 93
Anyone ever smoke those gay cigarellos or what ever they are called with the plastic thingy? I love those...

Most amazing jew boots
[/RIGHT]
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:54 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 11:54 AM #21 of 93
Don't smoke here. Can't stand all the smoke.. When I'm around smoker friends, I'll position myself so the smoke don't come to me. When they go for cig breaks, I pull out a gum.

OZZcln
Fallen Angel

Member 645

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:54 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:54 PM #22 of 93
Thank you thank you

They actually help my breathing believe it or not. Due to smoking cigars all the time, something about the cloves make me breathe easier. But they run me between $3.75 and $5.25. Though my cigars are around $1.89 or so. Depending on where I go.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
fgamer
Ai Shinosaki

Member 214

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:56 PM #23 of 93
I don't smoke but I have to deal with smokers all the time in my parents restaurant, that's the only place I tolerate them. BTW my boss smokes and constantly I have to remind him to not smoke in the office, so I make him smoke outside. Basically I don't mind if people smoke or not but I prefer that they don't do it when they are close to me.

FELIPE NO

She is so pretty!!!

Last edited by fgamer; Mar 2, 2006 at 11:05 PM.
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:01 PM #24 of 93
I'm not against people who smoke, I mean it's their lungs. as long as they respect the fact that other people may not want to partake in their habit, then there's no reason to fuss about it.

neither of my parents ever smoked, so I've never gotten used to the smell or what it feels like when you inhale it second-hand. that's probably why I like to stay away from it. personally I just don't find anything appealing about it. where I live there's a public smoking ban, so unless you're walking through a designated smoking section somewhere outside a building then you probably won't be getting much exposure to it.

I think cigarettes prices here are up to $10 a pack now. could be wrong though.

CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:04 PM #25 of 93
Originally Posted by The Dopefish
You're probably gonna get it one way or another.
Yes, but why facilitate it's onset?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Smokers Anonymous