Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Multiplayer Games Your Friends Don't Play.

Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 04:56 PM #1 of 19
Unhappy Multiplayer Games Your Friends Don't Play.

So, I'm betting most of us have quite a few games we'd like to play with friends, but they either don't have it or won't play it anymore and maybe you just don't want to play with random strangers or the online community is just dead for it anyway. So go ahead and share some games in your collection that you'd like to still play and maybe we can get a few bites. Posting your XBL Gamertag/PSN Name might help, too.

360/XBL Arcade:
GT: Generator Leon

Puzzle Quest
Frontlines
Virtual On
Armored Core 4 or FA
Unreal Tournament 3 (or PC)
Chromehounds (lol)
Forza 2
Chessmaster Live
Tetris Splash
Halo Wars
Saint's Row 2
Mercenaries 2
Uno
Worms 2: Armageddon
Geometry Wars 2
Burnout Revenge

PS3

People play games online on the PS3?

...j/k, I do have Wipeout HD though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Yushiro; Aug 2, 2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Added.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 05:22 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2009, 03:22 PM #2 of 19
Of your list, I have Puzzle Quest and Mercenaries 2. Skills had the latter for a week or two and we had a blast doing multiplayer, but most of those good times were from laughing at how buggy the fucking thing is.

Puzzle Quest is... Puzzle Quest. I hadn't even thought of the multiplayer in that (you could've told me there was none and I would've believed you). A friend of mind plays it, but he uses my copy, so.

A big one for me is Geometry Wars: Galaxies. Absurdly fun to play in co-op, but only one friend ever wanted to play it-- and he moved back to Hong Kong, so. Galaxies 2 online-multiplayer please, Bizarre and/or Kuju.

What else... Oh yeah.

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Yushiro

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 05:33 PM #3 of 19
...but most of those good times were from laughing at how buggy the fucking thing is.
Absolute truth. Still though, it's a fun game. Biggest problem I had with co-op was the arbitrary range limitation between you and your friend (thank you Saint's Row 2 for understanding what co-op is supposed to be like).

Also, I have Geometry Wars 2 as well, still my favorite Live game besides Puzzle Quest. Completely forgot about multiplayer on that though.

I have Uno and Burnout Revenge, too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:26 PM #4 of 19
I actually don't have any of the games you've mentioned, Yushiro, but I got some games on my list that I wish people would play:

Battlefield Heroes: Nobody seems to like this game. One reason seems to be that they claim it's a TF2 rip-off. It plays nothing like TF2 and the only simiiarities is the cartoon style. It doesn't help either that it's hard to get all your clan mates together in the game either due to the player limit.

L4D: Everyone seems to have stopped playing this game, either because they're sick of Valve not updating it (no new maps or anything for ages) and thus have gotten bored of the game, or they're sick that a sequel is coming out and they'd rather just wait and play that game instead. Now that SDK is finally out I thought people would jump back in and start playing player-made maps but nope...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Yushiro

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:41 PM #5 of 19
I have Left4Dead, it just never really hooked me much on competitive multiplayer, and I got kinda bored with co-op. Only having 4 stages and 5 weapon types probably has alot to do with that.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 08:16 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2009, 06:16 PM #6 of 19
What I have:

360:
Call of Duty 4
Gears of War 2 (save for Tails and a few other members here)
Heavy Weapon
Castle Crashers
Doom
Unreal Tournament 3
1989 TMNT
Uno

Among others.

PS3 has only Resistance 2, which is of course, major lulz (co-op though is highly entertaining).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 06:04 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2009, 11:04 AM #7 of 19
Nobody I know enjoys Smash Bros. I have never played Brawl's multiplayer mode. Ever.

FELIPE NO
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 06:20 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2009, 11:20 AM #8 of 19
PS3 has only Resistance 2
False. The far better online game, and shooter, that the PS3 has is Killzone. Online for Killzone is fucking awesome.

How ya doing, buddy?
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 06:34 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2009, 01:34 PM #9 of 19
Left 4 Dead and Guild Wars.

Also a lot of others, but these two are great! What the hell is wrong with my guys =(

Nobody I know enjoys Smash Bros. I have never played Brawl's multiplayer mode. Ever.
Now that there makes me a sad panda.
Not too long ago I held a brawl night. 6 people, 14 hours, 99 beers. Times were had.

Yushiro

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:27 AM #10 of 19
The problem with SSB Brawl isn't that it's a bad multiplayer game; it's that the Wii's online is an atrocity against gamerkind. It's not even just the friend code thing, it's more that the lag makes the game(s) unplayable.

Guild Wars lost my interest once I hit Level 20. I was never big into PVP on MMORPGs.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:58 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2009, 09:58 AM #11 of 19
360 - Waffles n Bees
Halo Wars
Street Fighter 4
Dead or Alive 4 (Would love to play this, but it always seems to lag no matter how good my connection is.)
Gears of War 1 and 2
Resident Evil 5
007: Quantum of Solace (I'm trying to get rid of this one right now, but I wouldn't mind playing a few rounds before I do.)
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Pure (I REALLY want to play this with a bunch of people.)
TMNT Arcade
Worms
Gauntlet
Doom
Duke Nukem 3D
SSFII HD Remix
Uno

PS3 - xMcFisticuffsx
MGS4
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
MvC2 (When it releases)

PC
Diablo 2
Orange Box
Call of Duty 4
Left 4 Dead
Starcraft

I'd love to play Brawl online, but the lag makes it completely unplayable.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 01:23 PM #12 of 19
I have the same problem. The only time I get to play Smash is at the meet which is both awesome and not awesome.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 03:04 PM #13 of 19
I have the same problem. The only time I get to play Smash is at the meet which is both awesome and not awesome.
At my college, for some reason people just bring up their N64s so the main (and possibly only) gaming that goes on is Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

So I will say any and all PC GAMES. I am itching for AOE2.

Most amazing jew boots
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:31 PM #14 of 19
The problem with SSB Brawl isn't that it's a bad multiplayer game; it's that the Wii's online is an atrocity against gamerkind. It's not even just the friend code thing, it's more that the lag makes the game(s) unplayable.
I dunno. Other than one of two people the lag in my games were pretty much non-existant. That's another game I wish people would play, but I could never people together in a timeslot to do so.

I forgot about Guild Wars. Add that to my list along with Battlefield 2. I used to have blast playing it with GFFers here, until everyone just dropped off due to various reasons, ie left to play BF2142, nerfs/bugs caused ppl to quit, just went on to other games.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:41 PM #15 of 19
You and Krel have some lame friends, even some douche with minimal gaming experience can have fun with smash bros.
All of my gamer friends in college were weird. We would have nightly games of Perfect Dark, Mario Kart Double Dash, or Mario Party 5 but only one of them liked Smash Brothers other than me. It was hard to convince the others to play since they weren't "hardcore" like me and my other Smash buddy, and would fail to find the fun in it somehow. It didn't help that I found it terribly difficult to go easy on them, but still. It baffles me to this day that anybody can find fault in that game from a multiplayer perspective.

FELIPE NO
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:17 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2009, 08:17 PM #16 of 19
False. The far better online game, and shooter, that the PS3 has is Killzone. Online for Killzone is fucking awesome.
Does it have co-op?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2009, 09:32 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2009, 07:32 PM #17 of 19
Aside from the couple of times that sprout, Omagnus and Eleo played with me, none of you fucks ever wants to play Rock Band 2 anymore. This saddens me.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Multiplayer Games Your Friends Don't Play.