Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Windows 7

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2009, 08:05 AM Local time: May 30, 2009, 02:05 PM #1 of 103
Is it too much to ask for them to dump 32 bit? It needs to die so people start coding for 64bit
Yes, it's too much. There are still tons of computers out there which do not support 64bit. Heck, I don't think we have a single computer at work which does (out of some 50+ computers the most advanced stuff there are Semprons and maybe a p4).

Server 2008 R2 (the server release of win7) will only work on 64bit, though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 05:43 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 11:43 PM #2 of 103
I got it for free on msdnaa, but I won't use it again until:
- they make it possible to ungroup taskbar items properly (so 3 explorers show up as 3 seperate items, not one grouped item, this shit alone completely wrecks my train of thought and makes it impossible for me to work on the computer).
- the right click popup menus are more responsive, and aligned closer to the taskbar item (nitpicking, but I managed to misclick at least a billion times because there is now a gap between the taskbar pin menu thingy and the taskbar item)
- DETAILED LIST VIEW IN THE CONTROL PANEL. WHY THE FUCK CAN I ONLY CHOOSE ICON VIEWS ONLY?
- un-gimp the game explorer, so it can be manually customizable at least - right now, it's pretty much useless.
- Re-add the mail client. I don't want to download an extra app for something that was built in for 10 years before.
- explorer displays the filesizes like it did in XP (or even in Vista, which also did not show them at some times).
- globally turn off cleartype
- Fix explorer so it remembers file view settings fine. This bug has been there since Vista RTM.
- Allow 64bit to run unsigned drivers without launching in test mode bullshit.

These are mostly nitpickings, but, it's the small things here and there that made Vista worthwile for me, and many of them are undone in Win7. I seriously dislike how they made the OS so damn unconfigurable. Even gpedit.msc had a ton of settings removed, because of the new taskbar and such.
That, and I find the cloud blue theme an eyesore, but that's just a personal preference, same as how I miss the kitty user icon.

Yeah, I understand how Win7 is an evolutionary step forward and so on - but so was Vista, and at least you can configre that to work as you want. And if you use 64bit, win7 actually uses more ram (though, it runs much less processes).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:22 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2009, 02:22 PM #3 of 103
Right click on start menu, properties, under 'task bar buttons' select the "never combine" option
>so 3 explorers show up as 3 seperate items, not one grouped item

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Windows 7