Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Windows 7

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:59 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2009, 09:59 AM #1 of 103
I made up a neat little iso but I can't seem to burn it to jack shit, so I guess my DVD-RW drive is just getting old or whatever. Can't tell if it's the iso that's corrupt or my burner.

Also, apparently the Windows 7 Upgrade is a bit of marketing hype. The version sold to students at $30 is a full version of Windows 7.

Additional Spam:
I dunno if that solution is only supposed to work for Vista or SP3, because I'm still using XP SP2. I contacted Digital River to see about getting an actual disc which will of course take forever.

Quote:
- If you have already purchased the 64-bit version of Windows 7 from the Windows 7 Student Offer Online Store, please contact Digital River at the following link: http://windows7.digitalriver.com/ser...omoID.46354000
ยท In the Web form select the Download Option in the drop down menu and include "64-bit Windows 7 Solution" in the first line of your problem description.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Bradylama; Oct 28, 2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:55 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2009, 10:55 AM #2 of 103
Welp, tried burning some simple data to a DVD-R and my whole system froze up. Good jorb, PIONEER.

Suppose I'll have to use the bootable flash drive method and have a friend burn it onto a cd for me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:14 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2009, 01:14 PM #3 of 103
Hahaha so the 4 gig flash drive I bought doesn't have enough space and I had to clear out its partitions to fit the ISO, so now there's a functioning ISO on the drive but I can't boot from it. This after going through DVD-Rs like toilet paper before realizing my DVD-RW is bad. I've spent about 20 bucks so far just trying to get this fucking thing to work.

Just have to call in some favors, I guess.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 28, 2009, 02:38 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2009, 02:38 PM #4 of 103
Uh, how would I have an ISO if I didn't compile it myself from the Digital River files motherfucker!?

Quote:
Brady, were you burning the 64 bit version from a 32-bit operating system?
That has been known to cause some serious issues.
I figured that the actual USB/DVD transfer tool that microsoft provided was designed specifically for 32-bit operating systems, since that's where the massive amount of groaning is coming from. The people who had significant gains to make in the transition.

Additional Spam:
Just because I never used my DVD-RW to burn any DVDs until the day I needed it most and it had already given up the ghost long ago doesn't mean I don't know a thing or two about mounting isos. Gimme a lil credit, fellas.

Additional Spam:
Everything I've done has already been tested and proven by people who know way more about this stuff than I do, I just can't for the life of me get these goddamn files into a format I can boot from.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Bradylama; Oct 28, 2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 29, 2009, 05:54 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2009, 05:54 PM #5 of 103
So I finally get the iso onto a dvd, try to boot from it and get the message
Quote:
disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter
The disc is obviously in my drive, since I already know the DVD-RW can't write should I just go ahead and get a new one?

Additional Spam:
I booted from my Windows XP cd just fine.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Bradylama; Oct 29, 2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Windows 7