Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Author David Foster Wallace found dead, 46

Agent Marty
*snore*

Member 243

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2008, 08:46 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2008, 05:46 PM #1 of 2
Author David Foster Wallace found dead, 46

CNN Story

This is a huge blow to the literary community. He was 46 years old and teaching English! I can't imagine what might have led a wide-acknowledged genius of writing to "apparently" commit suicide. I'm personally not an authority of his published works, but I've read bits and pieces of essays that he'd written and Infinite Jest has been sitting on my shelf, begging to be read. Perhaps now I'll jump it to the top of the queue.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected." - John Steinbeck
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2008, 08:55 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2008, 07:55 PM #2 of 2
I also can't imagine what led someone who made a career writing about chronic depression to commit suicide. It is baffling.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Author David Foster Wallace found dead, 46