Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

ai's dump // Photography, WIPS, sketches, etc.

aiyaitsai
Bob had bitch tits.

Member 12333

Level 7.40

Sep 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:22 PM #1 of 69
ai's dump // free of any holiday related art

update:// Iunno, usually around this time, art forums are flooded with 'Merry Christmas!' type stuff. I never really got into it -shrugs-.

..okay moving on. New stuff on the next page xD;

-----

Er yeah. So I'm new, I've been lurking around for a few days, and just started posting today. Ah, just some sketches I've done lately. Sorry for the lack of finished pieces-- I haven't had the motivation to finish anything recently.

Bear with me till I get to the point where I can post links/images. Oh, and I like advanced C&C on my works, please & thank you.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CrossGun.jpg (63.6 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg flyawaybat.jpg (129.0 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg not4sale.jpg (36.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg MotherandBaby.jpg (98.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg hermione.jpg (44.2 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by aiyaitsai; Dec 27, 2006 at 12:30 AM.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:46 PM #2 of 69
Originally Posted by aiyaitsai
Er yeah. So I'm new, I've been lurking around for a few days, and just started posting today. Ah, just some sketches I've done lately. Sorry for the lack of finished pieces-- I haven't had the motivation to finish anything recently.

Bear with me till I get to the point where I can post links/images. Oh, and I like advanced C&C on my works, please & thank you.
I've seen everything except the Hermoine piece. I've also helped you out with stuff. Just keep up posting and keep up the good work~

Most amazing jew boots
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:48 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 03:48 PM #3 of 69
Hello, welcome to The Creator's Cafe. I like your style. Your figure form are pretty well developed. Although you might want to check your characters left hand on the fly-away bat, you can probably use your own hand for reference. Hope to see more finished stuff. :3

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dai
sunny rain

Member 5414

Level 5.27

Apr 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:55 PM #4 of 69
Ellleeennn... ;_;

Anyway, awesome work~ I really love that Mother and Baby picture.

Hoping to see more from you in the future :'D.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:21 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2006, 11:21 PM #5 of 69
I really like these sketches of yours, they have pleasing proportions and are pretty clean. I am not so much of a sketcher so I can't say anything else beyond the usual and unhelpful "cool/awesome" type comments ^_^. Welcome to TCC.

I was speaking idiomatically.
aiyaitsai
Bob had bitch tits.

Member 12333

Level 7.40

Sep 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:10 PM #6 of 69
Thank you everyone, I'm actually working on CGing the 'crossguns' picture. I've gotten a few comments on other forums about the hand in 'fly away bat,' and on the lineart I drew on the comp, the hand is fixed. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Haha, familiar faces-- heys to Dai & Justin.

@Dai; I actually uploaded the wrong version of that picture. The one I ended up printing out, didn't have the colored sky. Whoops~

Question: Right now, the hair color of the girl in 'Cross Guns' is green. Does anyone have any suggestions of another color. The tone kinda reminds me of some character from an artist I'm not too fond of at the moment, but not sure what else to use.

Most amazing jew boots
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:57 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 03:57 PM #7 of 69
How about red? Maybe not bright red. For me, a lot of times what the character's hair color is often is choosen base on their personlity (with exception for blond hair, I am anal like that), although I usually favorites real hair color like brown (-->red), black, and dirty blond.

Another issue is the type of sensiblity that you want to project with this character. For example if you choose light color hair with dark color outfit, it form a contrast, if you choose warm for both out fit and hair, it harmonizes. So it can also depending on the color of that outfit that you chooses.

FELIPE NO
aiyaitsai
Bob had bitch tits.

Member 12333

Level 7.40

Sep 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:09 PM #8 of 69
Thanks for the suggestion. I just got that so I'll try out different colors later. This is what I have so far:

I was told the contrast in the skin tones need to be increased so I'll work on that later as well. Ugh. So little time so much to do.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crossgunpreview.jpg (84.2 KB, 36 views)
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:30 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 06:30 PM #9 of 69
At first glance, the primary light source isn't very obvious. Does it take it a while for you to do each parts? I really like your subtle value changes though.

aiyaitsai
Bob had bitch tits.

Member 12333

Level 7.40

Sep 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:35 PM #10 of 69
Yeah, I still have problems with finding my light source. I'll try to work on that. I wanted it to be coming from our left. I think I forgot to leave in highlights.

It doesn't take that long for me. I kinda just paint it on... I go with what I feel SHOULD be there. This was maybe....two hours, maybe alittle more. Started around 5:30 and then stopped at 7. There was a period where I stopped for a break. And thanks, this is like my second time coloring something this way. Not yet familar with the body's muscle, etc.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
aiyaitsai
Bob had bitch tits.

Member 12333

Level 7.40

Sep 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 10:25 PM #11 of 69
ALRIGHT. IT'S STARTIN TO GET THERE!

The last version for today, and then I collapse onto my bed. I'm pretty proud of myself that there's SOME sort of background to it. Suggestions? I might just take the easy way out and apply like a grunge texture to it.... ><;

Attached Images
File Type: jpg crossgunwip2.jpg (108.1 KB, 40 views)
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 10:42 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 03:42 AM #12 of 69
Looks great. The definition of the right shin bone seems a little strong though, as though it is overly-muscled. It's a very cute picture.

aiyaitsai
Bob had bitch tits.

Member 12333

Level 7.40

Sep 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 07:04 PM #13 of 69
I see what you mean, I'll tone it down a bit. Thanks.

How ya doing, buddy?
snow_drop
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12954

Level 2.97

Sep 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 05:31 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 08:31 PM #14 of 69
Wow... you've got some talent there. Keep up the good work! I wanna see more stuff from you =)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
aiyaitsai
Bob had bitch tits.

Member 12333

Level 7.40

Sep 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 11:50 PM #15 of 69
@snow_drop; Thanks (lol late reply)

----

Mixed up forum rules, Ultima informed me of the thread thing. So while someone's up to delete that other one v_v; [[my bad]], I'll repost it in here.

I'm lame. Seriously, I am. I rarely get inspiration, and when I do, it goes towards a 'thanks for the hits!' kinda piece. = =;

Anyway, I'm back from the dead. I have a finished piece. Amazing.

Okay, so I was told to work on color tones/choices, etc. My first time using more than two for a section so, be nice? Iunno, bash it all you want. Yeah, I bullshitted the background, but the lag on Photoshop was killing me. C&C as always.

FELIPE NO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QueenofHearts.jpg (212.5 KB, 42 views)
Kazyl
Good Chocobo

Member 1774

Level 17.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:55 AM Local time: Nov 6, 2006, 12:55 AM #16 of 69
Wow, the queen of hearts one is really great. Her right arm is a bit curvy but I think that's fine. It adds to the attitude, as well as her lips. Her left index finger looks a bit odd though. It seems more like a pinky than an index.

How ya doing, buddy?
aiyaitsai
Bob had bitch tits.

Member 12333

Level 7.40

Sep 2006

Old Nov 7, 2006, 06:48 PM #17 of 69
Wah, it really is too short. Thanks. I'll fix it up later.

I've gotten comments about the coloring on other forums so I editted that.. (mostly the arm.)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg QueenofHearts2.jpg (196.3 KB, 41 views)
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 04:12 AM Local time: Nov 9, 2006, 03:12 AM #18 of 69
Looks pretty good. Did you do an underpainting this time? or did you do the background afterwards? (It looks like you did an underpainting) I'd clean up the pillar behind her. Everything else looks really clean, but the back just looks unfinished. In similar fashion to your other painting, it's difficult to derive a light source. It looks like it's coming from the upper right, but it's only apparent in the highlights on the skin. The dress looks like it's being hit with some general ambient light. you might want to put some more highlights on her scepter as the similar values cause it to get lost in the dress.

Nice job on subtly repeating colors. It looks like you have some of the same colors from her hair in her skin tones to round it out. And it's reading as though you have a touch of that blue in the trim on the corset.

Overall it's a cute pic, but I would've gone for more dramatic lighting.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 04:11 PM #19 of 69
I wish you had some more photography because that mother and baby is very nice. What kind of camera did you use? I'm currently looking for one for some good quality pics is why I'm asking.

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 02:59 AM Local time: Nov 14, 2006, 03:59 PM #20 of 69
it's animu!

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 06:53 AM #21 of 69
Originally Posted by vemp
it's animu!
She's a real otaku fag (Sometimes in more ways than one), but she's got great talent so no one's complaining.

I was speaking idiomatically.
aiyaitsai
Bob had bitch tits.

Member 12333

Level 7.40

Sep 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 07:40 PM #22 of 69

Ultima, you bastard. I am no where near being an otaku fag. Our school's being overrun with them though. : ( Naru&Shinitard. God save us. And your room/collection is proof of what you used to be. But uh thanks. To that ...second part.

@Chie; Aha, I didn't have a good camera at the time so it was simply a digital camera. Err I think its a Canon. I'll post some more photography piece later.

@vemp; I don't only draw 'anime', usually my realistic pieces are too big to scan in or stuck in school. I have a few new ones I'm working on that are more realistic than the rest. I'll have it up within the month... Maybe.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:51 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2006, 12:51 PM #23 of 69
I liked your Hermoine piece though, can you draw me a whole body piece of Hermoine?

And can you show us your realistic pieces, your lines are really good. I like your lines. It makes me.... smile.

FELIPE NO
MeyrinMai
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 14930

Level 2.00

Nov 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 01:16 PM #24 of 69
Awesome work I love it all

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

-----------------------------------------
aiyaitsai
Bob had bitch tits.

Member 12333

Level 7.40

Sep 2006

Old Nov 16, 2006, 08:14 PM #25 of 69
Thanks.

Realistic pieces... subway portraits are as realistic as I can get at the moment. I have a large self portrait piece in progress that's stuck in school. I'll try to take it home next week. So, let's start with those. I numbered them so it'll be easier to critique.

The DJlines & Lookup piece are of course still WIPs. I've been addicted to drawing headphones and beanies recently. I blame headphones on Ultima. Beanies on two other people. I have another sketch in progress of a girl wearing .. wait for it... both a beanie AND headphones. Goddamn.

Ref's used for DJline2:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18889848/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33142273/

Lookup:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38354104/

edit:// vemp, when I have some time I'll try to work on that sketch for you. Don't usually draw fanart.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Practice.jpg (296.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg DJline1.jpg (90.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DJline2.jpg (112.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Lookup.jpg (122.9 KB, 22 views)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > ai's dump // Photography, WIPS, sketches, etc.