Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

pay cash and be looked down upon?

Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 12:39 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 12:39 PM #51 of 55
Originally Posted by Lee-chan
On credit cards: Last semester I had an assignment which called for recenting a video, so I went to Blockbuster. I didn't have a membership card, and I couldn't apply for one without a credit card. Mind you, I had a debit card, and more than enough cash and even offered to BUY the video (they had that used video buy program thing), but the cashier refused. It really annoyed me, since I like renting videos (I used to use a relative's card), but I was planning on getting through school withot getting a credit card.
I really hate that, but I blame Blockbuster before the employee. When Mailboxes Etc. turned in to the UPS Store, we had a heavy new franchise rulebook to follow, and it was now easier than ever to be fined or fired for not following the rules exactly. It sounds extreme, and it was, but UPS ordered it, and my boss had no backbone to stand up for negotiations. I could definitely imagine Blockbuster has some same rules about how procedures have to follow. I can't stand franchise rules sometimes.

Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
for one reason or another I had to return something after Christmas and when I went back to the store over a month later to exchange this item, the same guy was working and he goes, "I remember you. You came in here a while back and paid in cash."

I'm telling you, paying with cash is gauche.
I dunno. I still find nothing wrong with cash. As I stated before, these celebrities in SoCal paid cash for dinners, even at $1000. It's all about how you feel most comfortable with your money.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"I can make a scalpel sing, but that is my gift. The gift is not in my hands, for you see, I can play the notes [on a piano], but I can't make music."

~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III
4077 M*A*S*H
projectg
Carob Nut

Member 3209

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 08:38 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 07:38 PM #52 of 55
you get treated all the same where I live, be it cash or plastic.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2006, 11:31 AM #53 of 55
The only place that refuses large bills here is fast food. I tried a large bill at a gas station once, but he didn't have enough in the register for the change. He said I could wait around if I wanted.

Originally Posted by Fatt
I dunno. I still find nothing wrong with cash. As I stated before, these celebrities in SoCal paid cash for dinners, even at $1000. It's all about how you feel most comfortable with your money.
If you pay for the bigger expenses here in cash, such as cars and homes, you can often get them to reduce some of the cost. Cash, here, is fairly desirable and hold some power of its own now that I think about it.

Originally Posted by bahamuty
Unless someone brings in the ashtray compartment from their car full of pennies to pay. That actually happened to me once when I worked at as a cashier. I had to count five hundred or so pennies and everyone in line had to wait. That is kind of cash payment is frowned upon for obvious reasons.
We don't put up with that sort of thing here. They'll tell you to go to the bank. If your paying in change here, they better be the largest coins, otherwise, they don't accept them.

Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Maaaaan, I hate it when I ask these questions and people think that I am not going to tip well. (Well, in your opinion Alice, I tip horribly. ;_; )

I often ask if something is free. I am always concerned about refills on an iced tea, since it's not actually soda. And the soup/salad is a fair concern!
I ask these sort of questions too. My tipping completely depends upon the service. If your a bum server, I might not tip anything. If your a good server, I'll tip upto 30%. Its really about the same in the longrun for me, I get some pretty shitty servers these days, I've had to wait 15+ minutes for the bill on multiple occasions. So, basically I just reward the good ones with the ammount the shitty one would of recieved. Tipping here is normally 12-18% depending on how good the service was.

Actually, you can even leave negative tips here. I believe its upto 10% of the bill, otherwise the company covers the loss. Its quite uncommon though, and it tends to piss people off. I've only done it once to this waiter who was a complete prick from the moment I walked in, I only left off one coin to make a point. We hardly ever saw him at all, and he was very stand-offish. He only refilled my beverage once. He has also tried to overcharge us. He came out as I was leaving to complain. I informed him he was a prick and told him he ought to provide service as a server.

How ya doing, buddy?
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3

Last edited by avanent; Sep 10, 2006 at 09:59 PM.
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 07:49 PM #54 of 55
I never know how much to tip, and often forget to. It makes me feel bad when I remember as I'm driving away though. *sigh* It's hard to do that when there is no option to pay for one with debit on your ticket, and you don't have any cash. For that reason, and because sometimes you just want to give somebody a five for whatever reason (pizza pool, sharing gas expenses etc.) I carry a small amount of cash. Everything I can though, I pay for with debit since it's easier to keep track of what I've bought that way.

Anyway ... I havn't noticed anyone being looked down upon for paying with cash before, but then it's not really something you pay attention to eh?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 05:12 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2006, 04:12 PM #55 of 55
You should have told him he came from the freak end of his country. I`ve never heard some shit like that in my life. If anything, it`s irritating having to wait in line while some asshole is pulling out a credit card for the ten dollars in junk food he wants to buy.

Poorer people paying cash? I wonder how many people actually reach the condition of being `poor` because of credit card abuse? He comes from a place with serious image issues.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > pay cash and be looked down upon?