Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

You need 4 witnesses to report a rape in Pakistan

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:19 AM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 11:19 PM #1 of 23
You need 4 witnesses to report a rape in Pakistan

Have anyone read about this? Just recently Musharraf faced radical moslem in Pakistan for his attempt to rewrite the rape law in that country, which is obviously, discriminating women in many way. A woman must call at least 4 adult moslems male to watch her being raped before she could report it to police.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-38197,00.html
Quote:
PAKISTANI opposition MPs walked out of federal parliament today in protest at the government's proposed amendments to Islamic rape laws.
Rights groups have been demanding the government repeal the current laws, which place an almost impossible burden of proof on women and expose victims to charges of adultery.
Opposition MPs, mostly from the hardline Islamic alliance Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal, shouted slogans and tore up copies of the bill before walking out after Law Minister Wasi Zafar introduced the legislation to change the laws.
"Death to (President Pervez) Musharraf", "Those who are friends of America are traitors" and "Allah is Great," the politicians shouted.
"This bill is against Holy Koran and Shariah, we reject it and (will) try to block it in any possible manner," said opposition leader Maulana Fazalur Rehman.
MPs of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto did not boycott proceedings.
The law minister said the "Women Protection Bill" would be referred to a select committee of parliament.
Pakistan's cabinet decided earlier this month to change the 27-year-old laws introduced by the late military dictator General Ziaul Haq, who wanted to enforce a strict Islamic code.
Under Islamic laws imposed by Haq in 1979, women must produce four adult Muslim male witnesses to prove an act of rape. Women who fail to prove rape can be jailed or even sentenced to death for adultery.
Other Source:
http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/012862.php

What a such discriminating law, I hope Musharraf will succeed on facing the radicals, because these people keep commenting "to rewrite the law is against Koran". Good reason.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:40 AM #2 of 23
I knew the woman has less rights than the man in those country, but pushed that far? It's so unfair. Let's see what Bush will do about it. BOOM.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:40 AM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 12:40 AM #3 of 23
Quote:
A woman must call at least 4 adult moslems male to watch her being raped before she could report it to police.
Am I reading this right? There are some absurd laws out there, but this is pushing it. Is this another way for the government to say "Men in our country will not rape"?

Quote:
Women who fail to prove rape can be jailed or even sentenced to death for adultery
As if people are dumb enough to rape in public and now, which rape is actually legal with that law around.

When I saw you said "Mush", I thought. ='D

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FullMetalColin
Guitar-Wielding Haruhiist Pokémon Master

Member 11810

Level 1.60

Aug 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:01 PM #4 of 23
Yeah, just to make sure. Can't have only two or three, it's too wishy-washy.

Most amazing jew boots
Four radios blastin' classic rock,
And they're pointing at you!
With your fist raised high,
and a hitch in your step,
You've got it all!
I've got no reason to lie.
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:14 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 11:14 AM #5 of 23
Considering that we're talking about a country where you can have your eyes gouged out for killing someone while driving, even if it's an accident, and women are seen as creatures about as low as dogs, I'm not surprised at all. As I understand the article and how things work over there, there's also a catch-22 with this whole thing because women have to prove a rape how the article says or risk being accused of adultery, but if they don't say anything about it at all and it is discovered later on, they are accused of adultery anyway and brutally punished.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Adara; Aug 31, 2006 at 12:18 PM.
YeOldeButchere
Smoke. Peat. Delicious.

Member 246

Level 21.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 03:06 PM #6 of 23
If I remember correctly, there was a similar law in Great Britain for most, if not all, of the 19th century, and likely before. You needed something like 4 or 5 men to testify in order to convict someone of rape. It's likely that similar laws also existed in many other places back then, considering that Great Britain was a fairly liberal (in the traditional sense) country.

Of course I'm not saying that this makes the existence of such laws in this day and age more acceptable, I'd be the first to applaud if it ended, but it's unfortunately not the first time laws like those have been enacted.

EDIT: Actually, the law might have been 4 or 5 women in order to convict someone for rape. A man's testimony was likely enough, if there was evidence.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by YeOldeButchere; Aug 31, 2006 at 05:59 PM.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 03:21 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 01:21 PM #7 of 23
Originally Posted by cubed
I knew the woman has less rights than the man in those country, but pushed that far? It's so unfair. Let's see what Bush will do about it. BOOM.
Absolutely nothing. Don't believe for a second that he is doing anything in the Middle East because he's a champion of human rights.

FELIPE NO
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 04:22 PM #8 of 23
This is interesting, but a flight to Pakistan is like 1,500; kind of expensive for the casual rapist.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 05:32 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 06:32 AM #9 of 23
I wonder if Pakistai women are good enough to be raped.

Unas
Syklis Green

Member 11611

Level 8.84

Aug 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 05:47 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 11:47 PM #10 of 23
I wonder if it was to happen to a western woman in Pakistan without witnesses would there be the same consequences?

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 06:23 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 04:23 PM #11 of 23
I assume this doesn't apply to gangbangs, right?

highlush
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9893

Level 2.50

Jul 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 07:15 PM #12 of 23
ok here's a question. How do you get a witness to rape? Usually the rape will take place in a home, sometimes streets. But it's something sexual, so it should be well hidden. So using logic here, how would such a thing be provided with witnesses? This law doesn't make sense at all. Women should at least have some rights, not like this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 07:42 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 05:42 PM #13 of 23
Originally Posted by highlush
ok here's a question. How do you get a witness to rape? Usually the rape will take place in a home, sometimes streets. But it's something sexual, so it should be well hidden. So using logic here, how would such a thing be provided with witnesses? This law doesn't make sense at all. Women should at least have some rights, not like this.
Well, yeah, that's the whole idea. It's so they can say "Sure, we have rape laws!" But they are so completely nonsensical that it pretty much means rape is completely condoned. Besides, if you have four male witnesses to a rape, chances are they were all raping you, not just watching.

splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:06 PM #14 of 23
You think that's bad? In Iran, as a woman, you can get charged as a rape victim for adultry. The penalty is stoning to death while the man can get off with a warning. There's been a couple cases as such already, which is why most women in the Islamic penal code probably don't report rapes.

This law is stupid aswell though. You'd have to set it up pretty well to report a rape I guess. Here's a better question, how do you witness a rape and do nothing about it let alone 4 male witnesses at the scene?

[RIGHT]

Last edited by splur; Aug 31, 2006 at 09:08 PM.
Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:26 PM #15 of 23
Four witnesses for a rape, thats like getting running over two squirrels plus a badger in the same day. What are the chances?

FELIPE NO
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:48 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 02:48 AM #16 of 23
Bear in mind that in Pakistan there are two distinct legal systems. A state legal system and a far more nonsensical theological system, the two often come into conflict.

Today there was a news story of a British Pakistani man on death row who is to be executed next month after a long time in jail. He accidentally shot a taxi driver in self-defense after the driver pulled a gun on him. In the struggle that ensued, the taxi driver was shot. This man subsequently drove the taxi with the injured driver to the nearest police station so he could get medical assistance, and the guy was then arrested.

His initial sentence was overturned in a regular court of law, only for him to be re-trialled and found guilty in a religious court. The guy was already acquitted once, he shouldn't have been taken back to court.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:58 PM #17 of 23
Absolutely terrible...

That really sounds like a joke law, with the illogicality of it, and really sucks that that is the case. I seriously doubt that there will be 3 sympathetic males in the vicinity of a rape, let alone 1 in Pakistan with the way women are viewed there.

munchkin13
*meow*

Member 1634

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 08:56 AM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 02:56 PM #18 of 23
That just sucks. It's unfair and unjust. It makes me glad not to be living in a country like that and makes me realise that I'm lucky to live where I do even though it's not always great, it's alot better then that.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 10:39 AM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 07:39 AM #19 of 23
Witness #1: Hey, look. It's a rape.

Witness #2: Sure is.

Witness #3: That's definitely some rape, and believe me, I know a rape when I see it.

Witness #4: That's not rape! That's the heimlich manuever. She's choking. I should go help... *rape*

LAW FAIL.

FullMetalColin
Guitar-Wielding Haruhiist Pokémon Master

Member 11810

Level 1.60

Aug 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 03:00 PM #20 of 23
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
Witness #1: Hey, look. It's a rape.

Witness #2: Sure is.

Witness #3: That's definitely some rape, and believe me, I know a rape when I see it.

Witness #4: That's not rape! That's the heimlich manuever. She's choking. I should go help... *rape*

LAW FAIL.
You said it, brother.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Four radios blastin' classic rock,
And they're pointing at you!
With your fist raised high,
and a hitch in your step,
You've got it all!
I've got no reason to lie.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 09:05 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2006, 08:05 AM #21 of 23
4 witnesses to a rape is what most people usually refer to as an "unconsentual gangbang." :P

What an asinine, idiotic law. I wonder what the actual statistics are for rapes or other such similar crimes over there that go unreported. Its got to be phenomenally high and that's really a damn shame.

BorisSpider
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5176

Level 1.47

Apr 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:22 PM #22 of 23
Yes, just imagine what would happen with any other crime if you had such idiotic laws. Like ... I don't know, I can't even make up something like that ... you can only be charged guilty of speeding if the police offer jogged along side your car and had a good view of your meter for more than 45 seconds. (The idea being that he would haver to take a reading from your meter, and of course he couldn't do that whilst driving without being distracted from his own driving or something ...)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > You need 4 witnesses to report a rape in Pakistan