Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Asshole-ish and Stupid Customers at your job

Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 04:45 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2006, 04:45 PM #51 of 55
I don't know how I forgot about this one. I was working at a UPS Store and it was Christmas Day. We open the store from 8 to noon on the holiday because we usually get one or two suckers who need an emergency roll of wrapping paper. It was about 4pm, and I was catching up with paperwork and accounting, when I heard a knocking at the door. I didn't bother to look at the door because I know that anybody who needs to be in the lobby for their mailbox has a front door key. The knocking turned in to a pounding, so I decided to see what they want. I unlock and pull up the gate and go to the door. She tells me that our posted store hours clearly say we are open from 8 to 6, Monday through Friday. I pointed to the sign that says "Closed Chirstmas Day to observe holidays". She then says "It isn't MY holiday! That sign is misleading and confusing." I sighed and let her in. She then started filling out the forms, and I booted up the manifest and cash register. She wanted it to go ground, I told her that it would be leaving the store on Monday.

"Why not today?"
"Trucks don't move on holidays."
"Why don't you just take your truck and deliver it?"
"I don't drive a truck. I'm not UPS. I'm just one man running a store front."
"Well, FedEx would do it for me."
"OUT OUT OUT! OUT THE DOOR NOW! OUT OUT OUT! YOU LEAVE NOW!"

I took her package and tossed it on her car. She chased after it, and I locked the door behind her. She showed up Monday to ship out the package, trying to hold her composure to seem like a nice lady, but I still tripled her rate. She shipped it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"I can make a scalpel sing, but that is my gift. The gift is not in my hands, for you see, I can play the notes [on a piano], but I can't make music."

~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III
4077 M*A*S*H
sleipner
Rival

Member 2539

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 06:31 AM #52 of 55
I am a pharmacy technician (don't shoot me!!!) and I get all types of shit (maybe even from some people on this board....). First of all, I try to understand when people freak out. Yes it's medicine and maybe something you might need, but when people freak out about vitamins WTF!!! And believe you me, that happens alot more that you can imagine. Second of all, my store is pretty small. Sometimes there are only two people working in the pharmacy (Pharmacist and Pharm tech), so it gets me that good people turn into real assholes when they have to wait an additional ten minutes because it's backed up. (Try this on: We have to be careful with your medication or we can kill you, we have to be fast so you won't get bitchy with us, then we have to contend with more than half the insurance that comes in cause medicare sucks my left testicle, then we have to contend with the cutomer cause the insurance didn't pay enough so that you didn't get a $0 charge; then couple that with the fact that when people start to argue we get backed up even more cause we have to take people's concerns seriously and stop all immediate work, and when that happens, ten more people come in from behind with 4 prescriptions each and they are getting mad at us for causing a commotion and making them have to wait!) ARGGGGGGGH!

PS So if any of you do this, this is a plea from all pharmacies for more consideration. we are doing our best

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Memento mori

Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:11 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2006, 10:11 AM #53 of 55
Originally Posted by sleipner
I am a pharmacy technician (don't shoot me!!!) and I get all types of shit (maybe even from some people on this board....). First of all, I try to understand when people freak out. Yes it's medicine and maybe something you might need, but when people freak out about vitamins WTF!!! And believe you me, that happens alot more that you can imagine. Second of all, my store is pretty small. Sometimes there are only two people working in the pharmacy (Pharmacist and Pharm tech), so it gets me that good people turn into real assholes when they have to wait an additional ten minutes because it's backed up. (Try this on: We have to be careful with your medication or we can kill you, we have to be fast so you won't get bitchy with us, then we have to contend with more than half the insurance that comes in cause medicare sucks my left testicle, then we have to contend with the cutomer cause the insurance didn't pay enough so that you didn't get a $0 charge; then couple that with the fact that when people start to argue we get backed up even more cause we have to take people's concerns seriously and stop all immediate work, and when that happens, ten more people come in from behind with 4 prescriptions each and they are getting mad at us for causing a commotion and making them have to wait!) ARGGGGGGGH!

PS So if any of you do this, this is a plea from all pharmacies for more consideration. we are doing our best
Actually, not only do I completely understand where you are coming from, but I take advantage of it. When I have to pick up a prescription for a house call visit for my doc, I just put the prescription in an envelope, give it to the folks behind the counter, and take a nap on the bench. Sometimes I can score a 30min to 1 hour nap and get paid for it.

How ya doing, buddy?
"I can make a scalpel sing, but that is my gift. The gift is not in my hands, for you see, I can play the notes [on a piano], but I can't make music."

~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III
4077 M*A*S*H
sleipner
Rival

Member 2539

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 01:24 PM #54 of 55
Originally Posted by Fatt
Actually, not only do I completely understand where you are coming from, but I take advantage of it. When I have to pick up a prescription for a house call visit for my doc, I just put the prescription in an envelope, give it to the folks behind the counter, and take a nap on the bench. Sometimes I can score a 30min to 1 hour nap and get paid for it.

BASTARD!! You're getting paid for my pain, you sadist, hahah! :love:

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Memento mori

SampMan87
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10142

Level 2.62

Jul 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 06:20 PM #55 of 55
I distinctly remember back a long time ago at my store when some dude was harassing the pharmacy people.

The manager that night was this lady that was pregnant. She doesn't work there anymore. But this dude walked in the door with a reciept, and he went straight back to the pharmacy. Apparently, from what I heard, he left some cigarettes on the counter back there, and paid for them, but didn't get them. Probably bull shit, because nobody tat worked back there all day had noticed such an incident. Well, when they told him there was nothing he could do, since we can't just GIVE him cigarettes, he got pretty frustrated and angry. He started shouting things like F*** Walgreens, F*** you all and he stormed out the store, pulling a significant ammount of office supplies off the shelf in Aisle seven before doing so. The irony of it all is that they called the cops, and told them where the guy lives. All his pharmacy records are on file at the store, including home address and telephone number. I've seen him in the store since the incident, and he seems a lot more mild mannered. According to my buddy who is now a pharmacy tech, the dude is on all kinds of mood surpressors and shit. How many days did he have to skip to flip out like that?

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Asshole-ish and Stupid Customers at your job