Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Ultimate college guide

Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:20 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:20 PM #1 of 12
Ultimate college guide

I still can't cook for the life of me. What are some easy to make, good, healthy food for your average college kid?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:25 PM #2 of 12
Pasta! Get brocolli, pasta, and some salt. Boil it together in a pot. Get out a skillet, put some sauce in there, cut some garlic, onions, peas, carrots, whateve ryou like, and stir a bit. When the pasta is ready, pour out the water and put in a dish. Cover it with the sauce and eat .

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Robiz
I bring nothing to the table

Member 47

Level 7.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:42 PM #3 of 12
Skinless chicken breast, it's really easy to broil and you can add any kind of sauce to it you want.

This is assuming that you have access to a stove. If you don't then stick with some mircowavable pasta meals and low fat tv dinners.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Can I borrow a feeling?
PacificKid
Somewhere, out there...

Member 1981

Level 2.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:52 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:52 PM #4 of 12
A simple and healthy meal would be to cook some cooked chicken breast (or deli meat if its cheaper), a few cheese slices, lettuce, tomatoes, and maybe some green/red/yellow peppers and put in a tortilla shell --> an instant wrap!

A bunch of us in the dorms would collaborate together - one would make pasta or rice, another would make chicken (like above), someone else would make a salad, etc. and then we'd all share. That's something you could do if you wanted to make mealtime easier.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:34 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:34 AM #5 of 12
Healthy? I have the normal "ramen" budget, but I try to make it a little more nutritious.

Something I'm fond of doing is using a steamer (they're the most useful things in the WORLD) and steaming some veggies: broccoli, green beans, potatoes, etc. Then I cook the ramen, crack an egg in it about 2 minutes before it's done cooking along with some cubed [firm] tofu. Add in the steamed veggies and -- while it's still ramen -- it's made a little better for you .

Since eggs are hella cheap per dozen, it doesn't really cost that much. Frozen veggies can be a cheaper way to go as well.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:16 AM #6 of 12
Or, if you have enough money to blow on food everyday, go raid your local Trader Joe's or Whole Food's market. They have great tasting health food and most of it is heat and serve.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:53 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:53 AM #7 of 12
Yeah, I should shop at Whole Foods. I'm in the city where it started, after all . But it's soooo expensive...I could never get my roommate to buy groceries there. That, and it's pretty far from campus. But if you work there, you get to take home lots of freebies! Like, all the leftover stuff that they can't legally sell to the paying public, but it's still okay to eat....my cousin worked for them for about a year, and brought home free stuff all the time.

Not to mention the pay and benefits are good.

FELIPE NO
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:13 AM #8 of 12
I heard a rumor that colleges have these things called "meal plans."

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:16 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:16 AM #9 of 12
Originally Posted by Megalith
Because college food is shit. And I'm in an apartment so, going back to campus takes 10 minutes of walking.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:39 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:39 AM #10 of 12
What are your available appliances?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:44 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:44 AM #11 of 12
Originally Posted by Megalith
Well... Some of us who have actually been to college (and coincidentally have coherence to prove it) know that the food at any college cafeteria sucks ass.

Anyway Trigunnerz... To answer the question, mixed spaghetting is surprisingly quick and cheap to make. You'll need the following:

- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- Salt And pepper - to taste
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 pound Uncooked spaghetti
- Grated Cheese

Heat oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add beef then stir and fry until meat is no longer pink. Add salt, pepper, tomato sauce and water then bring the skillet to boil. Break spaghetti and sprinkle in a little at a time, stirring into sauce. Cover tightly and wimmer 20 to 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Serve with parmesan cheese.

You could feel all you and your roommate for 2 days with this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
HightopNinja
Ninja in Hightops

Member 2115

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:33 AM #12 of 12
I'm going to go with the Pizza Omelette, which can pretty much be made from left-overs(excluding the eggs).

Basically, take your frying pan, butter it up nice. Take your eggs, crack 'em open, and scramble them. Add milk if you like, I prefer no milk. Then pour your eggs into the frying pan, have the heat on low and place a plate over the top of the frying pan like a lid.

Wait awhile, and once the eggs have formed into a consistant omelette, pour some left over spaghetti sauce ontop of it, using a spoon to smooth it out and spread it about. I usually microwave the sauce before adding it, as I dont want to over cook the eggs waiting for the sauce to heat up. Then spread some cheese on top. Replace the plate/lid on the frying pan and wait a few minutes.

Check to see that the cheese has melted, then use your spatula to get the omelette out of the pan, folding it onto your plate. Viola. You are done. Enjoy.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dave Foley is my Hero.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Ultimate college guide