Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Hitman is Cast!!!!

Faust 72
Blue Fedora, Orange Socks!!

Member 1129

Level 7.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 03:15 AM #1 of 46
Exclamation The Hitman is Cast!!!!

Timothy Olyphant to Play Hitman
Source: Ain't It Cool News
December 5, 2006

Ain't It Cool News reports that Timothy Olyphant has landed the title role in the adaptation of the Eidos video game Hitman, Vin Diesel was previously attached to star in the role.

The site has learned that the script by Skip Woods (Swordfish) has received the green light from 20th Century Fox.

Luc Besson will co-produce along with Chuck Gordon, Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter. The film dould be in theaters as early as next fall.

Olyphant also stars as Bruce Willis' nemesis in Fox's Live Free or Die Hard.

Talk about out-of-the-left field actor. Thank goodness it ain't Vin Diesel. Olyphant is a great underated actor though

Most amazing jew boots
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 05:02 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 10:02 AM #2 of 46
ah i was hoping vin would do it, never heard of this guy before. But noone looks as good as Christian Bale as a murderer in a expensive suit

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 01:04 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 07:04 PM #3 of 46
Yes, Bale and Diesel would have been good choices. Looking over that Olyphant guy's pictures at IMDB, I just cannot picture him with the bald head and that completely detached 47 gaze. More importantly, I have serious doubts that the filmmakers will dare to touch the essence of the game series' gameplay: Mercilessly killing off people, with creativity, elegance and a lot of dark humor involved. 47 isn't a nice person, probably not even an anti-hero but I bet they will try to turn him into just that.

Edit: Oh, and it's a Fox production, I shall abandon all hope for a decent movie then.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Cyrus XIII; Dec 6, 2006 at 01:11 PM.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 01:13 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 08:13 PM #4 of 46
In before 'GAME MOVIES ARE ALWAYS SHITTY! GUFFAWHAHAHAHAHA!'

Thank you.

I'm fairly happy about it. Though Diesel could've pulled it of, he seems out of place... I can't understand why they didn't use David Bateson, though...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 02:10 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 07:10 PM #5 of 46
Originally Posted by Cyrus XIII
Edit: Oh, and it's a Fox production, I shall abandon all hope for a decent movie then.
:doh:

Yeh I agree can't imagine this guy as 47 either, but hey couldn't really see David Craig pulling off Bond, but I was pleasently surprised

Most amazing jew boots

Tellurian
To know the face of God is to know Madness

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 05:33 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 12:33 AM #6 of 46
Even if you DON'T have doubts, watch Deadwood.
Yes, it IS that good.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 07:41 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 04:41 PM #7 of 46
Dev and Tellurian are right. This guy has one of the most intense glares I've ever seen on television. He also happens to be an awesome actor. In all honesty, I think he's too good for a movie like this. Hitman just screams "Doom"-quality, personally.

FELIPE NO
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:44 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 01:44 AM #8 of 46
No Jason Statham? Damn, that man IS Agent 47

How ya doing, buddy?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:08 AM #9 of 46
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Actually, THIS man http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0061055/ is Agent 47, literally. He's both the voice of the character and the basis for the character model. If there would ever be a casting that would support game-movie continuity, it would be this, but this Timothy Olyphant fellow seems solid enough. I could see a 47-style glare in the picture that was posted in this thread. Jason Statham looks like 47 enough I suppose, but I don't think his acting style or voice really lends itself that much to Agent 47, not cold or detached enough.

I've been a fan of the hitman series for quite a while, so I wonder which story they'd follow overall, considering the series doens't really have alot of story to begin with, or just do a new one. I don't think I'd mind either way, an adaptation or a translation as the stories are rather threadbare anyhow.

Most amazing jew boots
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:19 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 10:19 PM #10 of 46
Originally Posted by Dizzy
This is the same problem I have with Vin Diesel: Well-known Actors sought for sheer physical resemblance to a character is a much less credible method in casting selection, rather then on the actor's innate and shown talent on screen... I feel this is why they chose Timothy Olyphant. I'm not saying Vin Diesel or Jason Statham don't have talent (The DEGREE of talent they have is left to your own personal opinion), but they are not fit for the part, if this movie were to be better in quality then say Doom or Lara Croft (Which are the closest to being 'middle-ground', as far as video-game to movie adaptations go, IMO).

However who knows? Vin Diesel is a known video-game player so I think that sort of... enthusiasm might have boosted his ability to portray the character... but then again it might have hindered him as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 06:18 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 11:18 AM #11 of 46
Originally Posted by Kurado
Dev and Tellurian are right. This guy has one of the most intense glares I've ever seen on television. He also happens to be an awesome actor. In all honesty, I think he's too good for a movie like this. Hitman just screams "Doom"-quality, personally.
Ah well best TV glares I got to give to Millar, even he would be good for the role.

thats kinda scary how David Bateson actually resembles agent 47. Wonder if they actually based it with him in mind.

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:23 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 05:23 PM #12 of 46
They did. He's the VA and model for Hitman. Which makes it pretty funny to watch him in a British styled Christmas Carbaret... This year he quoted Monty Python and wore a kilt. Hitman... In a kilt? The image just won't leave my head.

Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:51 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 06:51 PM #13 of 46
"Hello 47, your next assignment leads you to Scotland..."

I was speaking idiomatically.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 12:36 PM #14 of 46
Originally Posted by Dark Nation
This is the same problem I have with Vin Diesel: Well-known Actors sought for sheer physical resemblance to a character is a much less credible method in casting selection, rather then on the actor's innate and shown talent on screen... I feel this is why they chose Timothy Olyphant. I'm not saying Vin Diesel or Jason Statham don't have talent (The DEGREE of talent they have is left to your own personal opinion), but they are not fit for the part, if this movie were to be better in quality then say Doom or Lara Croft (Which are the closest to being 'middle-ground', as far as video-game to movie adaptations go, IMO).

However who knows? Vin Diesel is a known video-game player so I think that sort of... enthusiasm might have boosted his ability to portray the character... but then again it might have hindered him as well.
When I first saw "The Transporter" years ago I said Jason Statham should be in "The Hitman" movie if there ever would be one. Not only because he resembles the game character but because in the beginning of the movie he was a real professional and he stayed to his role and it fits into how a hitman should be, professional. Later in the movie he comes out of his role which sucks but ignoring that he seems to fit the part for hitman.... and his bald head reminds me of hitman.... XD

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 05:07 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 05:07 PM #15 of 46
Hm, never heard of the guy. Looks like it will be an interesting movie though. I played some of the game before and had fun with it. I sure hope the movie isn't a disappointment.

How ya doing, buddy?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 09:48 PM #16 of 46
Originally Posted by Kurado
Agreed on all counts!
I love his glare and how he always looks like he's seething with suppressed rage. Wouldn't want that guy as my enemy.

....I nicknamed him Mr. Furious because of it. *hides*

How ya doing, buddy?
AGO9
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17645

Level 1.86

Dec 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 08:01 PM #17 of 46
When I first saw "The Transporter" years ago I said Jason Statham should be in "The Hitman" movie if there ever would be one. Not only because he resembles the game character but because in the beginning of the movie he was a real professional and he stayed to his role and it fits into how a hitman should be, professional. Later in the movie he comes out of his role which sucks but ignoring that he seems to fit the part for hitman.... and his bald head reminds me of hitman.... XD
same here, but who knows how the movie will turn out when it happens.
Some VG movies weren't that bad, we'll see how it goes

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 12:59 AM Local time: Jan 1, 2007, 02:59 AM #18 of 46
Luc Besson is producing? This movie is doomed.

How ya doing, buddy?
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Jan 3, 2007, 08:58 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2007, 11:28 PM #19 of 46
all I can say is thank god it wasn't vin diesel

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 05:43 PM #20 of 46
Bit of a bump but some set shots with the first look at Olyphant as Agent 47:

This also seems to be the official synopsis for the film:
Quote:
Agent 47 (Olyphant) has been educated to become a professional assassin for hire, whose most powerful weapons are his nerve and a resolute pride in his work. 47 is both the last two digits of the barcode tattooed on the nape of his neck, and his only name. The hunter becomes the hunted when 47 gets caught up in a political takeover. Both Interpol and the Russian military chase the Hitman across Eastern Europe as he tries to find out who set him up and why they're trying to take him out of the game. But the greatest threat to 47's survival may be the stirrings of his conscience and the unfamiliar emotions aroused in him by a beautiful, damaged girl...

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 05:50 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 05:50 PM #21 of 46
He looks too "kind" to be 47

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 07:00 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 04:00 PM #22 of 46
Quote:
But the greatest threat to 47's survival may be the stirrings of his conscience and the unfamiliar emotions aroused in him by a beautiful, damaged girl...
Oh man. This sounds too much like Leon with Natalie Portman.

Dance party!
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 07:25 PM Local time: May 16, 2007, 07:25 PM #23 of 46
I doubt he'll be stealthy in the least in this movie. It'll just be a HNNGH BOOM EXPLOSIONS GUNFIGHTS NONSTOP. HITMAN ISN'T A PANSY NOSIRREE. EXPLOSIONS AGAIN.

How ya doing, buddy?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

D.Kay
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 22523

Level 1.34

May 2007

Old May 21, 2007, 05:56 AM Local time: May 21, 2007, 11:56 AM #24 of 46
I'd suggest watching Deadwood if you have doubts.
For a moment there I thought I was looking at a young Dennis Quaid. I haven`t seen Deadwood to know if Timothy Olyphant has what it takes to be Hitman but I`m glad they didn`t cast Vin Diesel, I only liked him in Pitch Black.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 08:52 AM Local time: May 21, 2007, 03:52 PM #25 of 46
I read the last part of the synopsis, and now the only thing in my brain is FUCKITFUCKITFUCKIT.

Jesus on a moped, people. He was BORN without emotions. It's not like some tart can just waltz in and fiddle with the hardwiring of his brain. My expectations just dropped below room temperature

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Hitman is Cast!!!!