Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:43 PM #1901 of 1941
Hah, holy power is great if you're a holy pally.

YouTube Video

BROKEN SHIIIIIIIIIIIT.

I'm nowhere near as geared as this guy (I've only got 1k res) and can easily take on 4-5 other players wailing on me.

I was speaking idiomatically.
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:50 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2010, 01:50 PM #1902 of 1941
Like I said it's not a matter of effectiveness as much as the fact that it makes pally's super fucking squirrely to play now. The added manaless heals and general ability to run from fight to fight without a noticeable dip in mana are nice but totally not worth it for me at least.

I suppose it's at least nice to know that a lot of peoples initial complaints that it didn't work as well as the previous system where fairly baseless.

But then I miss the old version of Seal of Command where it was nasty when it proc'd but completely unreliable. Nothing quite so pretty as the rare seal of command proc with a crit on both the regular attack and the holy damage with a nice slow two hander.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2010, 02:10 PM #1903 of 1941
Oh, I guess I left out my actual thoughts on the new system, aside from the fact that holy is OP.

But yeah, I completely agree. Holy Power was a dumb idea and the first-come/first-serve rotation was far from ideal, but worked fine, imo. This new system is too contingent on procs.

I did see they're allowing divine storm to be used again, but shares the cooldown with crusader strike. I really don't know if that's going to fix what's wrong with ret, though. It's just not as fun to play as it used to be.

FELIPE NO
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2010, 03:58 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2010, 04:58 PM #1904 of 1941
After selling my account (a few days ago) I decided to buy another WoW/TBC/WOTLK combo for 20 bucks (Gotta love Blizzard) And am excited to actually start another toon (I'm on a server with Kostaki aggrammar alliance)

I know jumping the bandwagon is never good but is it bad if i'm actually hecka excited to make a worgen, aside from Draenei none of the alliance race actually has that "Cool" factor, Night Elf are considered "Cool" but i seriously hate their starting area..

Anyway i'm thinking of going either Druid/Rogue/Warlock for my new toon.

Druid is just fun, it's basically a mage/priest/rogue combination, A rogue is just fun to play especially if you know what you are doing, and Warlocks are just scary

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2010, 02:51 PM #1905 of 1941
Some Darkmoon Faire promotion was going on. The completion unlockable was released which was a pretty damn cool in-game cinematic (kinda like Wrath Gate)

Cataclysm Cinematic: The World Reborn

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:17 PM Local time: Dec 2, 2010, 11:17 PM #1906 of 1941
I like how I bought the wow battlechest for 40 dollars and WOLK for 30 dollars a week ago and there were no sales on Black Friday by me. Then of course I saw the battlechest for 10 dollars on best buys website the next day.

whatever.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2011, 03:27 PM #1907 of 1941
Bumping this with a little fun thing Blizzard is about to implement:

Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon - Forums - World of Warcraft

Cross-Server Real ID Dungeon grouping. You can invite your real ID friends to run dungeons with them. Oh... and it will be a premium service.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2011, 12:53 AM #1908 of 1941
Premium service. Cringe worthy. I smell Bobby Kotick.

Save me Guild Wars 2, save me!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:17 PM #1909 of 1941
Well... apparently there's a big to do going on lately.

MMO-Champion - Mists of Pandaria

It was found that there was a trademark filed by Blizzard for the name "Mists of Pandaria". Speculation running wild like Hulkamania about it being the next expansion.

It fits as the trademarks were filed a couple months before Blizzcon for both Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm announcements in 2007 and 2009, respectively.

So while this is pure rumor (we have to wait for Blizzcon to find out what's going on) what do you think about the possibility of them adding a Monk class or perhaps make a Brewmaster class with the possibility of playing as Padaren? Of course they'd have to be neutral with you choosing which side you want to go to after their initial starter quests. Well... not have to, but it would be nice so there isn't any bitching about what side should get it.

Start the rumor mill discussion.

How ya doing, buddy?

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:39 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2011, 07:39 PM #1910 of 1941
I think it's stupid and I couldn't care less about Pandaria. Who the fuck cares about PANDARIA after Northrend or Outland?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2011, 12:06 AM #1911 of 1941
I wonder how the chinese government will react to this one.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2011, 04:39 AM #1912 of 1941
Well to be fair, it's possible that this is the South Seas part of the expansion and Pandaria could be what that entire area is called... or something. But I dunno, like I said, all will be revealed in October. Also, 4.3 will be out this year. Dunno if that's the Deathwing patch or not though.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:10 AM #1913 of 1941
For the handful of people who still play WoW, 4.3 is upon us. The last major content patch before the patch with the event leading up to the next expansion (to be revealed at Blizzcon next month, more than likely). It just hit the PTR (raids and dungeons and the new Looking for Raid feature not available yet) so here are the notes so far:

The time for testing out many of the upcoming patch 4.3 features is soon upon us. In this article you’ll find frequent updates to the official patch 4.3 notes as development continues. You can find a list of the major features we’ve discussed thus far on our official forums.

If you’ll be testing this major content patch, be sure to visit the PTR Discussion forum often to share your thoughts with the community.

World of Warcraft PTR Patch 4.3.0
Notes for all World of Warcraft patches can be found here.
Visit our Bug Report forum for a list of known issues.
Table of Contents
Click a link to be taken directly to the corresponding section of the patch notes.

General
Achievements
Classes: General

Death Knights, Druids, Hunters, Mages, Paladins,
Priests, Rogues, Shaman, Warlocks, Warriors

Dungeons & Raids
Races
User Interface
General Bug Fixes (fixes pertaining specifically to the sections listed above are noted within those sections)

General

Transmogrification

This new feature allows players to customize their gear like never before. You'll find Transmogrification, Void Storage, and Reforging vendors in Cathedral Square, Stormwind and The Drag, Orgrimmar. The costs associated with this service are not yet final.

Void Storage

In addition to the bank, players will now have access to a new "deep storage" system, allowing characters to free bag space by setting aside coveted gear. You'll find Transmogrification, Void Storage, and Reforging vendors in Cathedral Square, Stormwind and The Drag, Orgrimmar. The costs associated with this service are not yet final.

Reforging

The former Reforging vendors have been... retired. The ethereals have chosen to take over the business and joined their Transmogrification and Void Storage service providers. You'll find them in Cathedral Square, Stormwind and The Drag, Orgrimmar.

Outland & Northrend Quest Flow

The amount of experience needed to gain levels 71 through 80 has been reduced by approximately 33%.
Many Group quests in Outland and Northrend have been re-tuned to allow players to complete them solo. They are no longer labeled as Group quests.
Relevant questgivers have been moved into Outland and Northrend dungeons. The majority of dungeon quests for these zones are now available from within their respective dungeons.

North American realms (excluding Brazilian, Latin American, and Oceanic realms) no longer permit letters with accents in character or guild names. Existing character and guild names with special characters will be unaffected by this change.

Achievements

The achievement Master of Alterac Valley no longer requires the Alterac Valley Blitz achievement.

All raid and party buffs which grant group members 10% increased attack power have been changed slightly. They continue to provide 10% increased ranged attack power, but now provide 20% increased melee attack power.

Abomination's Might: The melee attack power bonus from this raid buff has been increased to 10/20%, up from 5/10%. The ranged attack power bonus remains 5/10%.
Blessing of Might: The melee attack power bonus from this raid buff has been increased to 20%, up from 10%. The ranged attack power bonus remains 10%.
Runescroll of Might: The melee attack power bonus from this consumable has been increased to 16%, up from 8%. The ranged attack power bonus remains 8%.
Trueshot Aura: The melee attack power bonus from this raid buff has been increased to 20%, up from 10%. The ranged attack power bonus remains 10%.
Unleashed Rage: The melee attack power bonus from this raid buff has been increased to 10/20%, up from 5/10%. The ranged attack power bonus remains 5/10%.

Vengeance for Protection warriors, Protection paladins, Blood death knights, and Feral druids has been redesigned slightly. It no longer ramps up slowly at the beginning of a fight. Instead, the first melee attack taken by the tank generates Vengeance equal to 33% of the damage taken by that attack. In addition, as it updates periodically during the fight, it's always set to at least 33% of the damage taken by the tank in the last 2 seconds. It still climbs from that point at the rate it did previously, still decays when damage is not taken, and still cannot exceed a maximum based on the health and Stamina of the tank.
Threat generated by classes in active tanking modes has been increased to 500% damage done, up from 300%. This applies to druids in Bear Form, death knights in Blood Presence, warriors in Defensive Stance, and paladins with Righteous Fury active.

Death Knights

Death Strike now heals the death knight whether or not the attack misses, or is dodged/parried. As a result of this change, Death Strike no longer refunds its rune cost if it fails to hit the target, as the death knight will still receive the healing effect.
Talent Specializations

Blood

Blade Barrier has been redesigned. It now passively reduces damage taken.
Bone Shield now has 6 charges, up from 4.
Veteran of the Third War now reduces the cooldown of Outbreak by 30 seconds.

Druids

Wrath has a new spell effect.
Talent Specializations

Restoration

Wild Growth healing has been reduced by 20%.

Glyphs

Glyph of Shred has been renamed Glyph of Bloodletting, and now also causes Mangle (Cat) to extend the duration of Rip, in addition to its existing Shred functionality.
Glyph of Wild Growth now also increases the cooldown on Wild Growth by 2 seconds.

Hunters

Coming soon.

Mages

Coming soon.

Paladins

Holy Radiance now has a 3.0-second cast time, no cooldown, and requires a player target. That target is imbued with Holy Radiance, which heals them and all group members within 10 yards instantly, and continues to heal them by a smaller amount every 1 second for 3 seconds.
Seal of Insight, when Judged, no longer returns 15% base mana to the paladin. Judging Seal of Insight still causes damage, and melee attacks will still restore 4% of base mana.
Talent Specializations

Holy

Clarity of Purpose now also reduces the cast time of Holy Radiance.
Illuminated Healing (mastery) now also applies to Holy Radiance.
Infusion of Light now applies its cast time reduction from Holy Shock critical effects to Holy Radiance, in addition to its current effects.
In addition to providing haste, the effect from Judgements of the Pure now increases mana regeneration from Spirit by 10/20/30% for 60 seconds.
Light of Dawn now affects 6 targets (base effect), up from 5.
Paragon of Virtue now lowers the cooldown of Divine Protection by 15/30 seconds, up from 10/20 seconds.
Speed of Light no longer triggers from Holy Radiance and no longer lowers the Holy Radiance cooldown. Speed of Light now only triggers from Divine Protection.
Tower of Radiance, in addition to its current effects, now also causes Holy Radiance to always generate 1 charge of Holy Power at all times.

Glyphs

Glyph of Light of Dawn now lowers the number of targets to 4, instead of increasing targets to 6, but increases healing by 25%.

Priests

Divine Hymn now affects 5 targets, up from 3.
Talent Specializations

Discipline

Atonement will now account for the target enemy's combat reach when calculating proper range, enabling it to be used on large creatures such as Ragnaros and Ala'kir.
Divine Aegis has a new spell effect.

Holy

Spirit of Redemption has been rebuilt to address a few functionality issues and make it more responsive. Spirit of Redemption otherwise remains unchanged.
State of Mind has been redesigned and is now called Heavenly Voice. Heavenly Voice increases the healing done by Divine Hymn by 50/100%, and reduces the cooldown of Divine Hymn by 2.5/5 minutes.

Glyphs

Glyph of Circle of Healing now also increases the mana cost of Circle of Healing by 20%.

Rogues

Coming soon.

Shaman

Flametongue Weapon no longer increases spell damage. It now increases all non-physical damage done by the wielder by 5%.
Lightning Bolt has a new spell effect.
Wind Shear now has a 25-second base cooldown, up from 6 seconds.
Talent Specializations

Elemental

Call of Flame no longer causes Fire Nova to extend the duration of Flame Shock.
Earthquake damage has been increased by roughly 75%.
Elemental Fury now removes the cooldown from Chain Lightning.
Reverberation now reduces the cooldown of Wind Shear by 10/20 seconds, up from 0.5/1 second.

Enhancement

Improved Lava Lash now causes Lava Lash to spread a Flame Shock debuff from the target to up to 4 nearby targets. This excludes crowd-controlled targets and those who already have a Flame Shock debuff from the shaman.
Improved Lava Lash no longer increases base Lava Lash damage by 15/30%. This increase has been rolled into the base Lava Lash skill.
Mental Quickness has been redesigned. Instead of granting the shaman spell power, Mental Quickness now causes Enhancement shaman spells to behave as though the shaman has spell power equal to 55% of attack power. Enhancement shaman spells no longer benefit from spell power from other sources.

Restoration

Ancestral Healing now also causes the shaman's heals to increase the target's maximum health by 5/10% of the amount healed, up to a maximum of 10% of the target's maximum health, for 15 seconds. This effect does not stack if multiple Restoration shaman are present, and does not apply to heals from procs.
Riptide's periodic healing coefficient has been increased by 50%. The initial direct heal is unchanged.

Warlocks

Shadow Bolt has a new spell effect.

Warriors

Coming soon.

Dungeons & Raids

Dungeon Journal entries have been added for the new dungeons: End Time, Well of Eternity, Hour of Twilight, and Dragon Soul.
Bosses in Ruins of Ahn'qiraj now drop a rare-quality Scarab Coffer Key which can be used to open the Scarab Coffers found within. These keys are zone-bound to Ruins of Ahn'qiraj and have a 17-hour expiration. This change also applies to Greater Scarab Coffer Keys used to open Large Scarab Coffers.

Races

The orc racial Blood Fury now increases spell power rather than only spell damage.

User Interface

Archaeology areas of interest will now show on the mini-map, in addition to the World Map.
Bag Search

A search field has been added to allow players to search bag, bank, guild bank, and Void Storage inventories for specific items.

Guilds with inactive guild leaders can now usurp the leader under specific conditions. More information on this coming soon.
The Reforging interface has been updated and improved.
Quest Tracking areas or points of interest will now show on the mini-map, in addition to the World Map.
The World Map now displays the expected character levels for each zone.

Class changes are subject to change, blah blah blah. Nothing set in stone, snarf.

PTR client is like 10gig. Also, the Real ID group feature was fully released and fully free of charge.

Last edited by dagget; Sep 28, 2011 at 09:12 AM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:08 PM #1914 of 1941
Mists of Pandaria confirmed. Monk class and Pandaren as playable race for both sides.

Mists of Pandaria Expansion trailer

Also, if you pay for a year of WoW, you get Diablo 3 free as well as guaranteed beta access for MoP along with a mount. You have to commit for a year's sub though. :\

Last edited by dagget; Oct 21, 2011 at 02:21 PM.
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2011, 03:30 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2011, 01:30 PM #1915 of 1941
I think it's stupid and I couldn't care less about Pandaria. Who the fuck cares about PANDARIA after Northrend or Outland?
I still stand by this statement. They look dumb as hell, too.

CT Eon
Bananas ate my monkeys o.O

Member 2585

Level 1.47

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:15 AM Local time: Oct 28, 2011, 12:45 AM #1916 of 1941
They do look stupidly retarded don't they?...but then again Cata is bad enough that a change of pace might be good.....

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift...that's why it's called the present
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2011, 01:16 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2011, 11:16 PM 1 #1917 of 1941
welp, i know it's not much *improvement* over the failed attempt of "hay let's all have a GFF guild on WoW!" from like 6 years ago, but now with the RealID thing in place for a while, I figured it can't hurt to try playing with some of you for instances and what not.

Hit me up.

Blizzard Battle Net ID: jpnezeshorty@yahoo.com

Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:08 PM #1918 of 1941
Like some of you have stated I'm not really looking forward to panda land, but I am trying to be open minded... as much as one can be about this sort of thing, sadly.

I've enjoyed Cata all the way up to Dragon Soul. The raid itself is mind numbingly boring and a real step down from previous raids. I'm actually looking forward to the stupid pandas so that I won't have to raid DS anymore. It's sad.

Oh well, at least I have xmog to play around with. Only thing Blizz has done right recently.

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:07 PM #1919 of 1941
Mists of Pandaria information explosion!! (Yes yes, I know. Pandas are dumb and this expansion is just a slap in the face and can provide no real entertainment.)

Official site updated: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/

Anyways, here's what's out so far (Everything taken from MMO Champion):

The Mists of Pandaria Press Tour in 5 Minutes

If you only have a few minutes to read about the Mists of Pandaria press tour, we have summarized the major points below. If you have time later you should really go back and read the whole thing!

The final patch of Mists of Pandaria will be the Siege of Orgrimmar! Both factions lay siege to the city to bring Garrosh down and end his reign of Warchief.

The new LFR loot system will allow everyone to roll individually. The highest few rolls will win an item from the boss. Upon winning a roll, if the boss has an item that you can use, you will win it. If not, you will get some amount of gold. It will only be in LFR to begin with, but can be added to other parts of the game later.

An 11th character slot has been added.

AoE Looting has been added.

There will not be an item squish in Mist of Pandaria.

No new race models are ready to be added yet.

There will be nine level 90 heroics for players as well as three raids with 14 raid bosses and three difficulties. There will be an additional two world bosses.

Scenarios will take place at level 90, in an instance, and reward reputation and Valor points. They don't need a healer, tank, and DPS, just DPS is fine. Each will take 10 to 30 minutes to complete and five or more will be available for launch.

In Challenge Modes, the vast majority of players will most likely earn a bronze medal even if they are a relatively unskilled player. After a player earns all the medals at the Bronze level, they will be rewarded with an achievement and title. Completing all of the Silver medals will earn a set of spectacular gear for transmogrification, and completing all of the gold will earn a unique epic flying mount. Challenge modes will be available for the six new dungeons at launch.

Cloud Serpents are the Pandaren's mount of choice. You can raise your own by doing 20 days of daily quests.

The Tillers faction will let you run your own farm! The farmer's market will provide daily quest to improve your farm every day, you will be able to clear plots of land and plant things like cooking ingredients, herbalism nodes, gifts for NPCs to build your reputation... etc.

Warlocks got the most class changes in MoP, along with new pets.

There will be more mounts and less color swaps for different rewards.

They are adding armor to creatures to give them varied appearances, something other than just simple color changes.

There are now seven zones, up from five. This was done to add more content to the game and give players a less linear progression path so that leveling for a second or third time isn’t the exact same.

There will be one new arena and two new battlegrounds at launch.

PvP pet battles are going to be fun and causal, only tracking the number of wins and not the number of losses. When fighting another player, you cannot see the other players name or communicate with them.

Currently, every race except Goblin and Worgen can learn the ways of the monk.

The Pre Mists of Pandaria Patch will be roughly two weeks before launch and bring simple rewards. It might involve a scenario with Theramore and the Alliance vs Horde theme. Chen Stormstout might also come to the local cities and get players excited about what is coming.

Female Pandaren
Spoiler:

Monk specs and talents link:

Mists of Pandaria Press Tour - Monk Skills and Talents

The revamp of SM and Scholo:

Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance

They also have in more in-depth detail regarding everything covered on the press tour.

Garrosh being the final boss seems real interesting too. Makes me wonder if there's going to be an instanced version of Orgrimmar that we raid to remove him from Warchief. Maybe even have to kill him?

All in all, I'm digging some of the new changes. Tons of more information out there. Hopefully beta will start soon, so I can test some of these out.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by dagget; Mar 19, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:02 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2012, 07:02 AM #1920 of 1941
lol AoE looting

Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:55 PM #1921 of 1941
Mists of Pandaria Cinematic

Unveiled today at Gamescon. I like it. I know Blizzard can make pretty good cinematics. Of course I know the whole "lol Kung Fu Panda" so yeah.

Izlude
Fuck you.

Member 1761

Level 10.53

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:20 AM #1922 of 1941
Looking forward to the new expansion and being a raging casual. =p

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2012, 01:09 PM #1923 of 1941
So with 5.0.4 being live for a couple of weeks, here's the patch notes.

World of Warcraft Patch 5.0.4
The latest patch notes can always be found at Patch Notes - Game Guide - World of Warcraft
General

Account-wide Achievements, pets, and mounts

In Patch 5.0.4 and beyond, the majority of your character's Achievements, pets, and mounts will be shared with your other characters.
Please read: Bringing Achievements to the Account Level, by Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street

World Event: Theramore's Fall

Warchief Garrosh, obsessed with assuring the Horde’s supremacy over Kalimdor, launches an all-out attack against Jaina's island home of Theramore. Though valiant Alliance defenders rush to repel the sudden onslaught, they’ll soon find themselves unprepared for the terrible scope of Garrosh's true plans…
This Scenario will become available for level-85 characters during the week of September 17, and will then be available to level-90 characters after the launch of Mists of Pandaria on September 25.

AOE Looting

Area of effect looting comes to World of Warcraft with this patch. After killing a group of enemies in close proximity, when you loot one of their corpses, the loot window will include items from all of the nearby corpses for which you have loot rights.

BattleTag support in World of Warcraft

Players who have enabled their BattleTag will now be able to:

See BattleTag friends in your friends list.
Add and remove BattleTag friends.
Send BattleTag invites to other players via right-click.

Cross-Realm Zones

In some zones, players are now able to form a group with other players from a select pool of realms.
When a player is in a zone that is set as a “cross-realm zone”, in addition to seeing other players from their native realm, they’ll also seamlessly see (and be able to play with) players from other realms.
Players will always be able to group and quest as they normally would with players from their native realm.
This functionality will be enabled for a limited number of realms at first, and will be granted to additional realms as we near the release of Mists of Pandaria.

All classes have been updated with a new talent system, improved abilities, and spells (accessible throughout levels 1-85). Your character's talents have been reset.

Many old talents have been converted to specialization abilities.
Druids now have access to a fourth class specialization: Guardian.
New spells are now learned automatically. Class trainers are only needed to change talents, glyphs, class specialization, or to utilize the dual specialization feature.
All characters now take 40% less damage from other players.

Currency Conversion

Valor points have been converted to Justice points, and Conquest points have been converted to Honor points.
Neither of the resultant currencies (Justice and Honor) have an enforced hard-cap at this time.
At this time, you will not be able to earn Justice points or Honor points if the conversion put your total above the cap of 4000 per type.
Players are no longer able to earn Valor or Conquest points (bosses drop Justice, and arenas are closed).
Items formerly purchasable for Valor/Conquest are available for Justice/Honor.

Items

Spell Penetration has been replaced by PvP Power on existing items.
Head enchants removed

Enchants that modify the gear in your head slot have been removed from the game. This includes older head enchants of every type.

Relics, ranged, and thrown items

The slot in which ranged, relics, and thrown items were previously equipped has been removed. All weapons should now be equipped in the weapon slot.
Ranged weapons, including wands, have been adjusted to be more powerful.
Ranged weapons no longer have a minimum range.

Professions

The glyph system has been updated. Many class glyphs have been added, altered, or moved to different glyph types.
Prime glyphs have been removed.
Chef’s Award and Dalaran Cooking Award have been removed. Existing awards have been converted to Epicurean’s Award.

Quests

The cap for daily quests has been removed.
There is no longer a displayed count of daily quests completed.

User Interface

There is a new user interface for your mounts and pets.
Character creation screens have been updated.
Buffs have been consolidated in the UI.
New roll results frame added. This new feature can be accessed by clicking the word "[Loot]" in chat, or by typing "/loot".
The PvE queue frames have been unified. You can now queue for dungeons, raids, and other queue-able content in one handy place.
Vendors now offer item filtering.
Spellbooks have been updated to reflect changes to core abilities, and now include a brief overview of specializations.
The Dungeon Journal has been expanded with information on all pre-Cataclysm encounters.
A new help system has been added to many frames. You can toggle this on and off by clicking the "i" button in the upper left corner of the frame.

Mac

Mac OS X 10.5 is no longer supported.
Added full support for Retina displays.
Added support for game resolutions that match Mac screen aspect ratios.
Switching between Windowed and Fullscreen display modes should be faster.
A “Help” menu has been added, so that players can quickly navigate to support pages.
A menu item that allows players to copy system information to the Clipboard has been added.
A menu item that reveals various game files and folders in Finder has been added.

One of the biggest issues of the patch is Blizzard implementing "Cross Realm Zones" Basically it's where they take zones and if there are not enough players in that zone, it enters a cross realm, where people from other realms will be there. One of the main issues people have with this is pretty much farming. You're not going to get ANYTHING done in terms of leveling skills and gathering mats, cause you'll have players from other realms farming where you are too. There's a huge thread on the official WoW forums regarding the pros and cons of CRZ.

One of the solutions is for them to just go ahead and fucking merge realms, but for some reason Blizzard refuses to do just that. I guess they'd like to tote around the fact that they have all these servers for people to play on.

Sept 18th, the Mists of Pandaria world event starts: Battle of Theramore. It's supposed to be the event that pretty much starts the whole WAR aspect of Warcraft between Horde and Alliance.

Spoiler:
Garrosh will end up demolishing the city. In the book, Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War, it has him destroying it using the Focusing Iris and creating a Mana Bomb that wipes everyone and everything in Theramore. Jaina ends up going Super Saijin and becomes anti-horde for a while. Hell-bent on destroying Orgrimmar in the same fashion. The mana she's been infected with from the bomb eventually wears off and she doesn't become Anti-Horde as much as it is now Anti- Garrosh's Horde. Even Baine and Vol'jin were not happy about what they were made to do.

The last raid of the expansion, will be Siege of Orgrimmar, where we go in and try to remove Garrosh as Warchief of the Horde.

Anywhos. There's your patch notes. Enjoy, rant, bitch, etc. :P

Last edited by dagget; Sep 9, 2012 at 01:12 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:13 AM #1924 of 1941
Since I'm sure there are a couple of us nerds that still play this game, the time has come to raid Orgrimmar and dethrone Garrosh as Warchief!

5.4: The Siege of Orgrimmar.

Patch 5.4 adds Virtual Realms, which will essentially merge lower population realms. This will allow you to keep playing on your current realm, but do arenas, raids, and dungeons with people in your realm group, as well as use a merged Auction House and trade with other players in your realm group. (Blizzard is making an official post explaining this)

Patch 5.4 also adds Proving Grounds, with four different difficulty levels for trials: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Endless. Endless difficulty matches you up against enemies of constantly increasing difficulty. (Proving grounds are probably the solo dungeons that help train you in skills and learn your class/spec)

Patch 5.4 also adds a new scenario: The Celestial Tournament. Its achievement is listed under Pet Battles.

A new Darkmoon boss will make an appearance, a giant Dire Wolf. He appears to drop a pet, a mount, and a transmog weapon.
A new pet battle tournament is coming to the Timeless Isle.

The chance for awarding loot from kills or bonus rolls has been increased for Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, Terrace of Endless Spring, and Throne of Thunder on Raid Finder difficulty.

The chance for awarding loot from using a bonus roll has been increased for Throne of Thunder on Normal difficulty.

Players who obtain a realm-best time in a Challenge Mode dungeon will receive a temporary title specific to each dungeon which will persist for as long as a player retains the top time on the realm. They will also receive a Feat of Strength.

All permanent item enhancements provided by Enchanting, Engineering, Leatherworking, Tailoring, and various vendors and quests are now able to be applied to items of any level. The effects of these enchantments will be scaled down to the level of the player using the item.

Raid Boss list:

Immerseus – Tears of the Vale
The Fallen Protectors
Norushen – [PH]
Sha of Pride – The Seventh Sha [PH]
Galakras – Warlord Zaela's proto-drake [PH]
Iron Juggernaut
Kor'kron Dark Shaman – Haromm and Kardris trained thousands of shaman to whisper reverently to the elements to requisition their aid. The army of Garrosh, however, does not ask - they take what they desire in the name of the True Horde. Dark Shamanism forces the elements into servitude, twisting them into burned-out ash, corrupted waters, and toxic air.
General Nazgrim – Once a grunt in service of the former warchief, Thrall, General Nazgrim rose quickly through the ranks after overwhelming victories in Grizzly Hills and the sunken city of Vashj'ir. Fiercly loyal to the Horde and bound by a rigorous code of honor and duty, Nazgrim will hold the line for his warchief until his dying breath.
Malkorok
Spoils of Pandaria
Thok the Bloodthirsty
Siegecrafter Blackfuse
Paragons of the Klaxxi
Garrosh Hellscream – Warchief of the True Horde.

T16 set bonuses:
Item Set Bonuses

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Item - Death Knight T16 Blood 2P Bonus (New) Every 4 Heart Strikes, Rune Strikes, or Blood Boils will add one charge to your next Bone Shield.
Item - Death Knight T16 Blood 4P Bonus (New) Dancing Rune Weapon will reactivate all Frost and Unholy runes as Death Runes, and make your next 4 Death Strikes free.
Item - Death Knight T16 DPS 2P Bonus (New) Killing Machine and Sudden Doom grant 500 Haste or Mastery, whichever is highest, for [ 200% of hnd + 4 ] sec, stacking up to 10 times.
Item - Death Knight T16 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Death Coil increases the duration of Dark Transformation by 1.5 sec per cast. Pillar of Frost increases rune regeneration speed by 100% while active.

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Item - Druid T16 Balance 2P Bonus (New) Arcane spells cast while in Lunar Eclipse will shoot a single Starfall bolt at the target. Nature spells cast while in a Solar Eclipse will shoot a single Sun bolt at the target.
Item - Druid T16 Balance 4P Bonus (New) Every time you enter Solar or Lunar Eclipse, the cooldown of Celestial Alignment is reduced by 3 sec.
Item - Druid T16 Feral 2P Bonus (New) Omen of Clarity increases damage of Shred, Mangle, and Ravage by 20% for 6 sec.
Item - Druid T16 Feral 4P Bonus (New) Tiger's Fury generates 5 combo points.
Item - Druid T16 Guardian 2P Bonus (New) When Barkskin fades, Savage Defense is automatically activated, and a 40 Rage Frenzied Regeneration is automatically cast.
Item - Druid T16 Guardian 4P Bonus (New) Activating Frenzied Regeneration and Savage Defense will cause a heal over time on yourself for 10% of your maximum health over 8 sec.
Item - Druid T16 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Ironbark increases your critical chance by 20% for 12 sec.
Item - Druid T16 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, and Wild Growth critical heals have a chance to cause all cast time heals for the next 12 sec to cause a Living Seed on the target for 80% of the amount healed.

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Item - Hunter T16 2P Bonus (New) Arcane Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 2 seconds per cast.
Item - Hunter T16 4P Bonus (New) Explosive Shot casts have a 40% chance to increase the number of charges your next Lock and Load effect has. Instant Aimed shots reduce the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 50%. Offensive abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage dealt by 2%, stacking up to 15 times.

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Item - Mage T16 2P Bonus (New) Arcane Missiles causes your next Arcane Blast within 10 sec to cost 25% less mana, stacking up to 4 times. Consuming Brain Freeze grants 1 charge of Fingers of Frost. Consuming Pyroblast! increases your haste by 750 for 4 sec, stacking up to 5 times.
Item - Mage T16 4P Bonus (New) Arcane Missiles has a 20% chance to not consume Arcane Missiles!. Consuming Brain Freeze has a 75% chance to drop an icy boulder on your target. Fireball and Pyroblast have a 10% chance to cause Inferno Blast to have no cooldown for 6 sec.

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Item - Monk T16 Brewmaster 2P Bonus (New) When your Black Ox statue Guards another player, you also get a Guard for 15% of that amount.
Item - Monk T16 Brewmaster 4P Bonus (New) Purifying Brew also heals you for 30% of the amount of staggered damage cleared.
Item - Monk T16 Mistweaver 2P Bonus (New) When Gift of the Serpent spheres heal a player, they gain an absorb for 20% of the amount healed.
Item - Monk T16 Mistweaver 4P Bonus (New) When your Renewing Mist heals a target, you have a 20% chance to cast a Chi Wave healing bolt that will not bounce at a nearby low health friendly target.
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 2P Bonus (New) Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm now generates 1 Chi. Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick now generates 2 Chi.
Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 4P Bonus (New) Every 3 stacks of Tigereye Brew consumed cause your next Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick, or Fists of Fury to consume 1 less Chi.

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Unyielding Faith (New) Infusion of Light also increases the healing done by Holy Light, Divine Light, and Holy Radiance by 10%. Instant.
Item - Paladin T16 Holy 4P Bonus (New) Reduces the cooldown of Divine Favor by 45 sec. While Divine Favor is active, Mastery is increased by 1,500.
Item - Paladin T16 Protection 2P Bonus (New) Bastion of Glory now generates 1 Holy Power per stack consumed.
Item - Paladin T16 Protection 4P Bonus (New) While Guardian of Ancient Kings is active, 100% of the damage taken is converted into a heal over time that activates when Guardian of Ancient Kings fades.
Item - Paladin T16 Retribution 2P Bonus (New) When Art of War activates, all damage is increased by 5% for 6 sec.
Item - Paladin T16 Retribution 4P Bonus (New) Holy Power consumers have a 25% chance to make your next Divine Storm free.

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Item - Priest T16 2P Bonus (New) Serendipity also increases the healing of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing by 50% per stack. While Archangel is active, your critical chance is increased by 10%.
Item - Priest T16 4P Bonus (New) Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending casts increase the effect of your next Holy Word spell by 50%, stacking up to 10 times. While Spirit Shell is active, you gain 10% haste and 3,500 mastery.
Item - Priest T16 Shadow 2P Bonus (New) Shadowy Recall effects have their critical damage bonus increased by 100%.
Item - Priest T16 Shadow 4P Bonus (New) Each Shadow Orb consumed for Devouring Plague increases the damage of your next Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Death, or Mind Spike cast within 12 sec by 20%.

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Item - Rogue T16 2P Bonus (New) When you generate a combo point from Revealing Strike, Honor Amongst Thieves, or Seal Fate, your next combo point generating ability has its energy cost reduced by 5. Stacks up to 5 times.
Item - Rogue T16 4P Bonus (New) Killing Spree deals 10% more damage every time it strikes a target. Abilities against a target with Vendetta on it increase your mastery by 250 for 5 sec, stacking up to 20 times. Every 4 Backstabs, your Backstab is replaced with Ambush that can be used regardless of Stealth.

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Item - Shaman T16 Elemental 2P Bonus (New) Fulmination increases all Fire and Nature damage dealt to that target from the Shaman by 4% for 2 sec per Lightning Shield charge consumed.
Item - Shaman T16 Elemental 4P Bonus (New) Your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning spells have a chance to summon a Lightning Elemental to fight by your side for 20 sec.
Item - Shaman T16 Enhancement 2P Bonus (New) For 10 sec after using Unleash Elements, your attacks have a chance to unleash a random weapon imbue.
Item - Shaman T16 Enhancement 4P Bonus (New) When Flame Shock deals periodic damage, you have a chance to gain 5 stacks of Searing Flames and reset the cooldown of Lava Lash.
Item - Shaman T16 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) When Earth Shield heals a target, the target will gain 100% of the amount healed as an absorb.
Item - Shaman T16 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) Spiritwalker's Grace will also summon a spiritual version of yourself that will mimic all cast time targeted spells for 15 sec.

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Item - Warlock T16 2P Bonus (New) Conflagrate has a 20% chance to increase the critical strike chance of Immolate and Incinerate by 15%. Unstable Affliction critical hits have a 40% chance to increase all damaging effects of Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul by 30% for 10 sec. Soul Fire has a 20% chance to increase you and your pet's damage dealt by 20%.
Item - Warlock T16 4P Bonus (New) When a Burning Ember fills up, your critical strike chance is increased by 15% for 5 sec. Haunt has a 20% chance to refund its shard when expiring. Shadow Bolt and Touch of Chaos have a 20% chance to also cast Hand of Gul'dan at the target.

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Item - Warrior T16 DPS 2P Bonus (New) Attacks against a target with your Colossus Smash debuff generate 10 Rage.
Item - Warrior T16 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Your Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst have a chance to activate Death Sentence, allowing Execute to be used above 20% target health. Below 20% target health, Death Sentence makes Execute free.
Item - Warrior T16 Protection 2P Bonus (New) You heal for 30% of all damage blocked with a shield and 30% of all damage absorbed by Shield Barrier.
Item - Warrior T16 Protection 4P Bonus (New) For 10 sec after Shield Wall fades, you gain Rage from taking damage.

Obviously those are subject to change since this information was just datamined today.

Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2013, 05:47 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2013, 03:47 AM #1925 of 1941
Nazgrim is gonna continue to defend Garrosh after what he's doing? Bitch nigga deserves to die.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft