Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Exploding US Embassy in Athens

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:49 AM Local time: Jan 11, 2007, 11:49 PM #1 of 5
Exploding US Embassy in Athens

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070112/...e_explosion_dc

As of right now there doesn't seem to be much publicly available information, but I can't think of any very feasible way for an explosion to occur at a US embassy short of foul play. The explosion was enough to shatter windows in nearby houses and to injure the sign outside the embassy, but they haven't told what the extent of the damage to the interior is, or whether there are any casualties.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out, and who gets the finger pointed at them first. Or if some organization will claim responsibility. Or if it's all just an accident blown out of proportion. (yeah right)

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe...ref=rss_latest what the latest link shows right now is that a third party claims the explosion was outside the building itself.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 01:04 AM #2 of 5
I am not surprised that it automatically casts suspicion on "terrorist activity", since it is quite an unnatural event. You can certainly deduct that this isn't your ordinary case of accidental gas leak and combustive catalyst. Being in Athens, Greece though is sort of unexpected to say the least.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 01:53 AM #3 of 5
Lol, Drex, you are right on top of things, I literally just saw this as the page refreshed and it was put up. I wondered to myself "how long will it take for GFF to have this posted in a discussion thread?", and sure enough, I see it right as I get here.

Anyways, if it was meant to be a terrorist bombing, it wasnt a very good one. No one was hurt, and only the sign out front that said 'American Embassy' was really destroyed (or, thats what the article seemed to be saying). I'd think that well planned attacks would do more than that. But I'm sure more info will be coming soon.

Edit
Of course, after I comment, the news article I had read on yahoo is changed around, apparently the rocket landed in a toilet? Interesting target.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Temari; Jan 12, 2007 at 01:56 AM.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:06 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 10:06 AM #4 of 5
I saw the article pretty quick, too and was wondering the same thing. Then I decided that it was interesting enough that I would start the thread if no one else did.

Yeah, I guess they don't know how/where to aim a rocket. Too bad that it was a rocket, though - there's no doubt that it's someone trying to do damage to American property, and most civilians playing a prank can't get their hands on a rocket. There's really no viable alternative to it being an act of terrorism. Now we just have to see if one of the militant anti-American Greek groups claims responsibility, or if we start making specific claims first.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:54 AM Local time: Jan 12, 2007, 11:54 AM #5 of 5
Well, I kinda figured it would only be a short matter of time something was going to happen. I mean, with the exception of the usual Iraq things, the world has been generally really quiet, which could explain why oil prices have dropped so much in the past while (I am sure there are other reasons as well ) . I guess this can get everyones blood going again.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Exploding US Embassy in Athens