Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 12:43 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 12:43 PM #301 of 1941
Meh I have no problem with raiding, especially since the guild I'm in well, 80% of rogues have mostly tier 1/2 items so whenever I get done with college they siad they will deck me out since I've proven myself that even with no FR(Yes I had no FR at the time) and in PVP that I hit like a truck and do very well for being all pre MC PVP stuff.

Though I still want to get some SC gloves and get to 4 pieces of darkmantle so I have two chances of restoring energy. That shit has saved my life so many times, cause since I'm a troll. I went zerking, slice n dice(2 points) and blade flurry and from my scrolling combat I was gaining so much energy, so fast. Not to mention with adren rush, oh boy there we go.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 01:34 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 11:34 AM #302 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
Everything has been raid oriented since the inclusion of Dire Maul.
The game shipped with one raid dungeon. Raiders actually had far less content than the rest of the population but a lot of casuals can't seem to grasp that concept. They see Naxxramas being released in 1.11 and think it was created yesterday. Dungeons take quite some time to make.

Quote:
Hellfire Citadel is a 5-man dungeon.. that leads into a raid dungeon.
Last I heard there are three wings to it. Two are 5-10 man and one is 40 man.

I personally enjoy raiding quite a bit. Obviously raiding isn't your cup of tea since you seem to hate everything about it. The expansion should overflow with quests and content just for you. The raiding content they are adding to the current game was very much needed. If my guild and I still had only Molten Core to run after a year and a half I'd probably jump into traffic.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 02:01 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 02:01 PM #303 of 1941
The only time I hate raiding is when you got asshats who think they are so hardcore/cool for raiding so much and being an expert when you ask questions they yell at you or if you screw up they yell. Instead of taking in a constructive manner.

The as well, I love the guild I'm in because stuff we farm, all we have to say is ok we're doing this any questions aks your class lead, other then that then we joke around and talk as he take down the person.

I hate very serious raids. I mean be serious enough to win but not so serious it's like a second job.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 02:25 PM #304 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
I knew someone was going to bring up Burning Crusade, but you know what? It's probably too little, too late for any kind of content like that. Everything has been raid oriented since the inclusion of Dire Maul. (From my understanding) and I highly doubt there would have even been a "band-aid fix" of tier 0.5 gear (holy shit, what a laugh.) if there hadn't been that article in some magazine saying that Blizzard lied about staying casual friendly.

I'll get the expansion, but as far as I'm concerned, I don't know how much longer after I'll stay. Karazhan will be the first "casual" dungeon that has the 3-5 day timer on it, because of it having something like 18 bosses in it. Oh but don't let the fact it's a level 70 dungeon throw anyone off.

Hellfire Citadel is a 5-man dungeon.. that leads into a raid dungeon.

See, I wouldn't be too pissed about 20 man instances, because hell, UBRS was 15 man. Not that hard to get 5 more. But damn, 40 man instances is just crazy and of course the new tier 3 sets that are rumored to be part of Naxx... yeah, I can just see myself, not even decked out in full tier 0, much less ZG gear, going against guilds who have Naxx on farm status in BGs.

It's all about raiding and people having stupid rules to go along with said raiding. It's just dumb.

You raid dungeons to get loot to prepare you to raid the next... it goes on and on and on.
Uhm, don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should just quit the game now? From all of your previous posts, it sounds like it's causing you more stress than enjoyment overall.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 08:07 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 08:07 PM #305 of 1941

I couldn't resist, it's a damn good t-shirt... And I've met a lot of people from my own realm, stormreaver since like majority of the players are from Wisconsin, in my city. Though most of them are alliance. :X My shoes got spat at once cause the guy knew me cause I kicked his ass. Regardless...

Anyone know any good feral druid guides or builds? I'm thinking 10/31/10.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 12:16 AM #306 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kaelin
Uhm, don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should just quit the game now? From all of your previous posts, it sounds like it's causing you more stress than enjoyment overall.

I'l fucking take it the wrong way, sideways, each every fucking way there is!!!111 heh

I'm full of stress anyway :P, and the game has long since lost it's enjoyment. Mainly after I hit 60 and there wasn't shit to do except raid raid raid. I have time left on my account, I'm not just going to waste it.

It just sucks that Blizzard lied on the selling point of their game, of course, no one wouldn't have bought it if they knew it was just going to end up EverQuest Jr.

Originally Posted by Six Machine
The game shipped with one raid dungeon. Raiders actually had far less content than the rest of the population but a lot of casuals can't seem to grasp that concept. They see Naxxramas being released in 1.11 and think it was created yesterday. Dungeons take quite some time to make.
Of course there wasn't raid content when the game came out. It was marketed as a MMORPG unlike the rest in which you wouldn't have to raid to progress. Hell, people beat MC before Blizzard were ready for them to, infact I want to say the first guild that beat MC were banned or something. (Don't know how true it is, just what I've heard). You didn't expect to raid from day 1.

Yes, it takes a while for content to be created, and I realize that Naxx was talked about since the beginning, but that doesn't mean in the year and half the game has been out, the last 5-10 man dungeon created was like Dire Maul.

Raiders can't seem to grasp that not everyone wants to raid and that before 60, raiding wasn't necessary.

Quote:
Last I heard there are three wings to it. Two are 5-10 man and one is 40 man.
Oooh two wings. :\ Point is, if I want to experience the lore of the game, I'll have to just join a dumb hardcore raiding guild.

Quote:
I personally enjoy raiding quite a bit. Obviously raiding isn't your cup of tea since you seem to hate everything about it. The expansion should overflow with quests and content just for you. The raiding content they are adding to the current game was very much needed. If my guild and I still had only Molten Core to run after a year and a half I'd probably jump into traffic.

Raiding becomes a problem, when people make it a chore. Rules about showing up, point-based "bartering" systems, people screaming at each other over vent. Fuck man, I've been told I need to go into a complete 51 point def spec because apparently if you have all 51 points into prot, it makes you a "better tank".

It's just... ridiculous at all the shit that goes on. All for virtual items.

I actually know someone who was kicked out of a hardcore raiding guild, because he couldn't make the raid runs due to him MOVING. That's why I hate raiding. Because it just seems everyone has to make all these shitty rules just so they can make themselves feel big and important.

This is a game, it shouldn't be treated like a chore. :\

Also, I never once said it wasn't needed, just that damn man. BWL/ZG/AQ20 and 40 all in a row. Now with people being able to down C'Thun (Which probably had a block on it to prevent it from being beatable until Blizzard was ready to release Naxx) here comes Naxx with like 5 wings or something. heh. I give it a month before some guild gets to the last part. :P

Ok, I'm done ranting. It just pisses me off the direction the game went into, so are alot of people sadly. :\

Oh and I also go into MC, but we'll wait and see how long that lasts.

PPS: You do realize that I'm just starting shit for teh sake of putting life back in this thread, right? :P Although I'm really pissed at the fact the game did a complete 180 and it is RAID or DIE at the end. :\

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by dagget; May 4, 2006 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 07:01 AM Local time: May 4, 2006, 05:01 AM #307 of 1941
Quote:
Of course there wasn't raid content when the game came out. It was marketed as a MMORPG unlike the rest in which you wouldn't have to raid to progress.
Actually, it was marketed as a game friendly to all walks of players. That would include raiders and non-raiders. Since raiding is not practical before level 60 you see a lot of 60 content in the form of raid dungeons.

Non-raiders can progress, although the gear from casual content is obviously not as great as many things from BWL and beyond. I agree that people who don't want to raid should have a couple more dungeons, but it's a little late in the development cycle for that. Even if they started on a 5 man dungeon two months ago it wouldn't be complete until after the expansion's launch. I'm sure Blizzard has learned from their mistakes in planning and are making sure the expansion casual friendly even at 70.

Quote:
Hell, people beat MC before Blizzard were ready for them to, infact I want to say the first guild that beat MC were banned or something. (Don't know how true it is, just what I've heard). You didn't expect to raid from day 1.
If you are counting Ragnaros in "beating" Molten Core then no, people did not do that before Blizzard wanted. Much like C'Thun, Ragnaros had to be nerfed several times before it was even possible to kill him. Other than Rag the instance is fairly straightforward. I've never heard of a guild getting banned for completing content, though.

Quote:
Yes, it takes a while for content to be created, and I realize that Naxx was talked about since the beginning, but that doesn't mean in the year and half the game has been out, the last 5-10 man dungeon created was like Dire Maul.
They're making new raid dungeons to even out the raid to non-raid ratio. Making more non-raid dungeons while working on raid dungeons would keep the ratio the same. Keep in mind Blizzard's staff is a finite resource.

Quote:
Raiders can't seem to grasp that not everyone wants to raid and that before 60, raiding wasn't necessary.
I realise not everyone wants to raid. Raid instances pre-60 makes little sense from a design perspective. Most raiders acknowledge that many don't like to raid. I see few casuals acknowledge the other portion of players who do.

Quote:
Oooh two wings. :\ Point is, if I want to experience the lore of the game, I'll have to just join a dumb hardcore raiding guild.
Do you think a god such as C'Thun or equally important beings should be killed in a 5 man? I don't mean that in any mocking way. I'm simply curious as to your opinion.

Quote:
Raiding becomes a problem, when people make it a chore. Rules about showing up, point-based "bartering" systems, people screaming at each other over vent. Fuck man, I've been told I need to go into a complete 51 point def spec because apparently if you have all 51 points into prot, it makes you a "better tank".
Other than what I assume is DKP (point-based "bartering" systems) it sounds like you were in a pretty crappy guild.

Quote:
This is a game, it shouldn't be treated like a chore. :\
I agree.

Quote:
Also, I never once said it wasn't needed, just that damn man. BWL/ZG/AQ20 and 40 all in a row.
I believe ZG and AQ20 are supposed to be aimed at the post-UBRS crowd who may not necessarily want to raid MC.

Quote:
PPS: You do realize that I'm just starting shit for teh sake of putting life back in this thread, right? :P Although I'm really pissed at the fact the game did a complete 180 and it is RAID or DIE at the end. :\
I'm simply having a friendly discussion. If anything I said came off as rude or angry I apologize.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 07:21 AM #308 of 1941
Nah, see here's where I lie. I understand there are both parts to the game. 1-59 then 60-raid. While I agree that there should be challenging raids and shit, it's just ridiculous that you have to progress through raiding. Do I want better gear? Yes. Am I asking for easy epics? No.

No, C'Thun shouldn't be downed 5-man. LOL. But at the same time, although from what I hear, nothing really exciting drops except enchants and maybe a weapon and piece of armor or two from AQ. I'm just worried more about thegear disparity in the game.

Honestly, the 0.5 is a joke of a "fix" when you think about it. It's just a different pallet (sp?) tier 0 armor with a few "upgraded stats" but the exact same bonuses, except they're in reverse. Sure, I happen to think Heroism looks better than Valor as well as the upgraded Shadowcraft, Lightforge and a couple of others, look better than the original. But it really doesn't do anything to cover the gap. I think that's the biggest problem most casual people have. It's not really fair to go into AV or 60s WSG/AB with people decked out in tier 2 shit. It actually sucks. On my warrior I have almost 8000 armor and 385 defense (that's if I have all my +Def shit equipped) and I still get owned in 3-4 hits by someone who hits me for like 1500-2000 crits 3-4 times in a row, because they have Ashkandi or other ridiculously high-tiered items like that.

Sure, I do MC 2 nights a week, in a guild that doesn't do DKP. (which is awesome for me, because I dislike DKP and no, I don't want to get into another DKP discussion so I'll drop it there.) and it's not on farm status just yet. (The guild was a former raiding guild that split due to different raiding perspectives, that had MC, Ony and part of BWL on farm status so now they're having to relearn everything again with a new crew)

I dunno, I just fear when the expansion comes out, it'll indeed have a plethora of new content, but then after that, it'll all be raid content again until another stink is raised and put in a public media form to have Blizzard once again make "band-aid fixes" and "promises" of new content.

Hell, everyone's already calling this game EverQuest's Little Sister, in which what was led to believe wasn't going to be like EQ at all. :\

Maybe the new Warhammer online game coming out will be cool.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 08:08 AM Local time: May 4, 2006, 06:08 AM #309 of 1941
I doubt Blizzard wants to deal with rabid casuals a second time over. I don't know how, but I'm betting level 70 will be a non-raider friendly place to be. At least until people find something new to complain about.

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 03:50 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 01:50 PM #310 of 1941
I am looking forward to the level 70 greens that are better than most raiding weapons. That'll be cool.

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 11:02 PM #311 of 1941
old new for most of you rogues.. but i just got Nightslayer belt tonight! go me.

FELIPE NO
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 01:01 AM Local time: May 4, 2006, 11:01 PM #312 of 1941
Wow, the Mages are PISSED about their review.

At first, I could understand because it looked like Shatter was nerfed to 10% crit to frost (compared to 50%), but then IGN changed it. It's now 50% crit, for all spells.

Sit there and blink a moment. Would you like to see a mage running in an AE bombing and getting a 50% crit rate? Uhh....

And then they got Improved Arcane Explosion, AND Evocation as a class-trainable talent... yet now they're complaining about the Arcane tree being shit. I can sorta understand about the gap between Tier 1 and Tier 5 talents, but you guys got exactly what you asked for in the Arcane tree.

I just hope the Shammy review is better. Eyonix (the Blizzard CM for shamans) has said that they'll be revealed next week.

*crosses fingers for a good review that makes non-resto shammys viable in end-game raids*

Most amazing jew boots
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 09:49 PM #313 of 1941
we downed domo today(3time trying) and got to rag! im so phscyed right now. Didnt beat him tho:P

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 10:42 PM #314 of 1941
Here's a cool picture. It's C'thun's lazer eye move.

Spoiler:

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by VitaminZinc; May 7, 2006 at 01:21 PM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 12:40 AM Local time: May 6, 2006, 10:40 PM #315 of 1941
Originally Posted by nwzinc

/r spoil tags.

YOU RUINED AQ40 FOR ME YOU BITCH. >=(

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 02:25 AM #316 of 1941
lol.. like i did rag for MC? but most guilds have MC on farm status.. so if it spoils some of you.. sorry

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 03:45 AM #317 of 1941
Originally Posted by nwzinc

I saw a video of someone downing C'Thun and that lazer eye move made it look like Club Rock Solid in there.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 11:59 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 09:59 AM #318 of 1941
Originally Posted by rpgcrazied
lol.. like i did rag for MC? but most guilds have MC on farm status.. so if it spoils some of you.. sorry
Oh, Ragnaros is just a fucking giant. I don't give a shit about him.

But C'thun looked BADASS. I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO GO "HOLY SHIT WE HAVE TO BEAT THAT?" WHEN I SAW HIM THE FIRST TIME. YOU RUINED IT FOR ME. ;_;

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 12:54 PM #319 of 1941
Originally Posted by rpgcrazied
old new for most of you rogues.. but i just got Nightslayer belt tonight! go me.
Yeah I got the gloves, bracers and a bloodfang hood within 2 days. Its actually funny because our guilds dkp system has it where new members cant get any loot unless no one wants it and its bop, or if they get up to 200 lifetime dkp. Since i was the only non new rogue, I got all 3. 400 dkp for them though...but i still look awesome.

I have a huge complain though, im working on the dungeon set 2 quests ...and I have got to say that those are some annoying fucking quests to do for a slight upgrade. 45m baron run isnt that bad, unless you have a lame group.

FELIPE NO
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 03:40 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 01:40 PM #320 of 1941
The only pieces of Nightslayer worth bothering with are the Chest, Pants, Cover, and shoulders. The gloves are ECLIPSED by the Blooddrenched Grips from ZG, and the bracers are still beat by Bracers of the Eclipse from DM unless you are hurting for stamina. I guess the boots are okay if you don't pvp, but if you do, just get the Defiler's/League of Arathor boots. They even come with a run speed increase.

How ya doing, buddy?
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 05:14 PM #321 of 1941

LOL.

We did get past phase 1 today though. Eventually...that axe will be mine!

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 08:02 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 06:02 PM #322 of 1941
Ahahahahaha YES. "OH SHIT I DID ONE DAMAGE! 8,999 TO GO! =D =D =D"

But DAMN, that's a crazy amount of damage that thing does.

1,703,648,256 damage? Yikes.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: May 7, 2006, 09:08 PM #323 of 1941
How the hell are you resisted so much damage?

Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 10:51 PM #324 of 1941
just got the Might Belt tonight. weee! Plus I have enough Dark Iron to try and have some armor crafted for me, since I'm probably now an OT and had to tank Baron Geddeon with 156 FR.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:13 PM #325 of 1941
I don't know how the 1 damage thing works. But normally it does around 3k damage and then doubles at each person it jumps to, so it can do up to like 16 digit damage heh.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft