Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Korn's Unplugged Set On MTV

Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 03:40 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 12:40 PM #1 of 16
Korn's Unplugged Set On MTV

Anyone else watch this steaming pile of dog shit? This was the worst fuckin' thing they could have done. Ever.

It was so bad, I'd rather kiss my Grandmother with tongue before I watch it again.

Here's a video of them doing Blind (acoustic)

And here's a link to the worst fucking collaboration in the history of music (Amy Lee from Evanesuck with the douchebags from Korn)

I can't believe how bad this was, or that they'd even agree to play this, knowing how badly this would suck.

Most amazing jew boots
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:28 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 06:28 PM #2 of 16
Korn's songs don't translate well into acoustic. Eh whatever.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Prons
Syklis Green

Member 19963

Level 7.40

Feb 2007

Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:48 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 06:48 PM #3 of 16
Wow. That's nuts, they put blind to a caribean beat and got rid of the deep backing noise that always gave Korn the signature sound? That's no good. Granted, I liked Korn, well, the issues album, but the problem is if you get rid of the Korn sound you ain't got no Korn anymore.

Freak on a Leash was OK though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 09:14 PM #4 of 16
Wait... what. How are you supposed to do metal UNPLUGGED?!

How ya doing, buddy?

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 09:20 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 07:20 PM #5 of 16
You know... Watching this is the most disturbing thing I've experienced in recent years. And you know what's more disturbing is that there's actually an AUDIENCE there... As in, they PAID MONEY$ to be there and watch this atrocity unfold.

"Korn Unplugged" will now join the ranks of utterly pointless and oxymoronic phrases such as "Microsoft Works", "Ford Racing" or "priestly abstinence".

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 09:25 PM #6 of 16
"Korn Unplugged" will now join the ranks of utterly pointless and oxymoronic phrases such as "Microsoft Works", "Ford Racing" or "priestly abstinence".
Quoted for truth.

I'm pretty sure metal requires amplification and distortion to work. Especially the KoRn brand of nu metal.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 09:25 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 08:25 PM #7 of 16
Well, truth be told there are lots of great examples of how this can be done right (just look at niki's last MEC post), but this is pretty horrendous. I'm amazed that Korn is even bothering to record anymore.

Most amazing jew boots
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 09:29 PM #8 of 16
You know... Watching this is the most disturbing thing I've experienced in recent years. And you know what's more disturbing is that there's actually an AUDIENCE there... As in, they PAID MONEY$ to be there and watch this atrocity unfold.
You know, I LIKED Korn. Like everyone else, I found their more popular tracks pretty tolerable.

But this unplugged shit makes Davis' voice sound even WORSE. He's tedious, monotone, and irritating to the ear when he doesn't have his noisy back-ups. I mean, it worked for their early shit. But they're washed up and they're sucking. HARD.

I agree with you Ence when you say you're surprised people PAID to go see this. Ugh, I would have to be PAID to tolerate this headache-inducing crap.

And since I REALLY don't like Evanescence, I think I'll keep my comments to myself on how HIDEOUS that duo is.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gratch
Not at my post

Member 7140

Level 8.23

May 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:32 PM #9 of 16
Next up...Slayer UNPLUGGED!!

I wasn't a fan of Korn to begin with, and that set did nothing to change my mind. I could, however, watch Amy Lee all day. Rowr...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:41 PM #10 of 16
Well, truth be told there are lots of great examples of how this can be done right (just look at niki's last MEC post), but this is pretty horrendous. I'm amazed that Korn is even bothering to record anymore.
Which album would that be? He posted four. I'm guessing the "pagan metal" one?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 04:30 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 01:30 PM #11 of 16
I'm not even sure myself why they haven't stopped making music altogether. They're boring, now. They should have stopped at Issues, but NO they pressed forward. Now they're taking the same route as Manson (you guys remember him?)

They should take the hint when they've lost half their members. Apparently Head and David (drummer and guitarist) knew when to quit... why didn't the rest of the members?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Vestin; Mar 1, 2007 at 04:41 PM.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 05:55 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 03:55 PM #12 of 16
You know, I LIKED Korn. Like everyone else, I found their more popular tracks pretty tolerable.
I too used to like them a lot back when their self-titled album came out and all the way until their more pop-sounding Follow The Leader. I mean, they could really rile up a crowd and rocked the fuck out like ROCK band is supposed to do. After

Follow The Leader their sound just really went nowhere and remained the same stale pond for their next three albums. This unplugged deal is just the moss growing on a now-putrid swamp.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FloodSim
I am speed.

Member 4239

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 06:32 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 09:32 PM 1 #13 of 16
No way man. Korn are better than ever. I mean with a pig on drums and a rabbit (?) doing backing vocals, they've got probably the ultimate line-up..
/sarcasm

But seriously, as interesting as that was, the Spanish/Flamenco sound doesn't do it for me and ultimately that was horendous.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:36 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 08:36 AM #14 of 16
I was wondering about those other members. Where are they from? They wear the same masks as the dudes from the Sounds of Animals Fighting... is that them?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
IdentikitOfEyes
Banned

Member 13258

Level 9.89

Sep 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:28 PM #15 of 16
I just got to see the full set last night and it was horrid. I kept watching in hopes that something better would come along. Even hopes that some of their songs that would sound good acoustic kept it on the screen, but at the end, it was just a rip.

Their problem was trying to play songs from when Head was in the band. Covering them up with some stand in guitarist made his sections pointless to the whole thing. Adding Amy Lee into the mix for some reason had to be the loss of a bet. Trying to sing some kind of melody into the middle of Freak On A Leash that was just nasty and offensive to my ears.

In all honesty I stopped listening to Korn after Untouchables was released. Everything they had after that just sounded plain and common place with the bands that called them inspirational in the first place. It all became the same music over and over again so what was the point?

Most amazing jew boots
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 01:31 PM #16 of 16
I can't believe Robert Smith showed up. I didn't watch the unplugged set (Korn has been sucking for a long time now, people. Get with the program), but I remember seeing him in the commercials for it.

Please tell me he didn't sing with Korn. I don't think even The Cure could fix that mess.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] Korn's Unplugged Set On MTV