Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PSP

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:56 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2006, 11:56 AM #26 of 55
Black Mage is correct, the soundtrack release for the PSP is actually the EXACT same discs that the PS1 release got, so I highly doubt the soundtrack has been changed at all.

And the Voice Mix album wouldn't even make sense as ingame music, to be honest.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:02 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2006, 11:02 AM #27 of 55
The OST for VP is still very enjoyable and listenable, although I do enjoy some of the tracks on the arranged album more. I've never heard this "vocal mix" album. Is it worth a listen?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

- What we all do best -
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:10 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2006, 12:10 PM #28 of 55
Maybe? It's...not a concept I enjoy but I know a couple people who don't mind it.

Check your PM box.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:23 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2006, 11:23 AM #29 of 55
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
I think the English voices were just fine, so there shouldn't be any problems in scrambling to find a new voice cast or anything just for a port. Of course, I wonder if there's an option hear the Japanese voices too.
Agreed, spurprisingly even though I hated the VA for Pokemon, and Pokemon in general, somehow I think Rachel Lillis does a decent job for Jelenda's voice, especially, with that bratty 12 year old voice, and pulls of Mystina's voice not too badly. Lenneth herself sounds strong and dominating, the way a well abled strong women should sound. Although, I find Megan doesn't quite differentiate her voice from Lorenta's too well.

In short, the voice acting is still pretty decent I don't have any real complaints, although sometimes the lines or somewhat cheesy. But at the same time have some of the best lines ever.

I was a slave to circumstance - Belenus.

I was speaking idiomatically.

- What we all do best -
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 03:05 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 01:05 AM #30 of 55
Quote:
In short, the voice acting is still pretty decent I don't have any real complaints, although sometimes the lines or somewhat cheesy.
Yeah, like Grey's for example. Also, pre-ordered the game.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 07:14 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 05:14 PM #31 of 55
Originally Posted by PICARDGONK

And the Voice Mix album wouldn't even make sense as ingame music, to be honest.
Now I see why. There really isn't a single track I like WITH the vocals. It'd honestly be so much better without. I don't need them screaming little trite Jap phrases to make it sound cool. If I wanted that, I'd just go watch the japanese gameplay on youtube or something. The arrangement isn't too bad, but it's the voices that just fucking waste it. Thanks for letting me listen though, :eletes files:

The "Long generations of Anger" is probably the best sounding if they didn't put the vocals in. This is know as "Fantasy Left from Ancient's Eternity" in the OST.

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Jun 30, 2006 at 07:16 PM.
ArchesFan
And for my next trick....he'll confess.

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Jul 5, 2006, 05:53 PM Local time: Jul 5, 2006, 05:53 PM #32 of 55
If I had a PSP, I would run out the second it came out and get it....but I don't because I'm cheap. Valkyrie Profile was one of my favorite games on PSX when it came out, but the disc stopped working after awhile and couldn't play it anymore.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Goodbye Veronica Mars...
You will be missed for a long time.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:21 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 10:21 AM #33 of 55
Some of you might be interested to know that Square-Enix is apparently redoing the game's voicework to go along with Silmeria's. IGN has a video from some A Scanner Darkly premiere or something, and one of the guys interviewed said he just wrapped up a voice acting project for "Valkyrie Profile I and II", playing a character named Arngrim (at least they're not changing the names, I guess).

Lezard will now likely be 1000x less cooler.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 06:39 PM #34 of 55
just got this game, and even if I have the original, it's been a long time since I played and really I can't enjoy this game more then now on my psp XD

the graphic are really beautiful! and the cg cut-scene are great! (I was suprised to see the "transformation of Jelanda" in a cut-scene)

the only problems I see, is the loading time when you enter a battle is little bit long and there's a little "freeze" when you open a trap chest, which is really more easy to avoid the trap now...

but beside that this is a really good port! now aiming for the A ending, been so long that I don't even remember it XD

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 11:13 PM #35 of 55
Same, just got it.

Fuck guy, it has been 5 years ago when I played the original. Will post impressions on my journal.

Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 01:40 AM #36 of 55
If someone who has played the original could confirm who reprises their roles that would be great.

If Arngrim has changed, then Lezard is undoubtedly different and as Generic Badass has already pointed out, that's bad news.

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 01:52 AM #37 of 55
well for now I,m not far enough to have heard lezard, but I can say that lenneth, freya, odin, arndgrim, Jelanda ... well all character up to chapter 3 still have the same voice acting XD

if it's true that they change something, I think that lezard will be the one, I'll comfirm this tomorow when I pass his Tower...

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 02:10 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 12:10 AM #38 of 55
Yeah, I happened to listen to some of the dialogue today, and the voices I've heard so far (Lenneth, Odin, Freya, Frei, and Arngrim) all sound the same. I wonder why that guy said "Valkyrie Profile 1", then?

Maybe this means they'll bring back the same people for Silmeria, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

How ya doing, buddy?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 07:04 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 05:04 AM #39 of 55
I pretty much beat the game already (going for Ending A). All the voices are the same, but in the CG cutscenes you hear the new voice actors. The difference isn't all that bad except for Lucian's, where it's very obvious someone else is playing his voice during one of the CG scenes.

FELIPE NO
Yunuyei
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 8371

Level 1.34

Jun 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 09:23 PM #40 of 55
Today I got Vprofile lennth.Yes the oice actors are still the same.Arngrim and Lezard have fortunately the same voice.But I think they made some parts new.Do you rember,Lenneth way of speaking was sometimes really strange.Now it#s a littlebit better.so I think they made some scenes new.The FMV's are really nice but it's a pity that you can't found the anime intro.
It's pathetic they made this new Intro but they have taen the old music,take a flight.and this song doesn't fits to the intro.......

I also have heard that they've made some changes in the story,becauas of silmeria,but until yet I#ve found anything(and i rember well the original version,I finished it 2 weeks ago XD)
So if I recognice anything i'll tell you

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 10:36 PM #41 of 55
Either way, I'm glad about the changes in the introductory CG scene. Doesn't matter of they're drawn or not, they're beautiful to behold.

And boy, did my memory fade into oblivion. I totally forgot what happens in chapter 4 and 5 because of its importance. I finished the game thrice in 2000 - 2001. I should know.

But alas.

Cyrus
Has Confidence in His Domination

Member 3319

Level 20.56

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 02:25 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 09:25 AM #42 of 55
Originally Posted by Yunuyei
It's pathetic they made this new Intro but they have taen the old music,take a flight.and this song doesn't fits to the intro.......
I thought "Take a Flight" in Lenneth was different than the original version. At least thereĀ“s a slightly altered rendition on the CD that came with the VP Artifact Box.

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 05:01 AM #43 of 55
just finish the game with A ending, and just realize that I never saw it... damn you really can't enjoy this game without it! well at least not as much! I loved this game before that and now good this game is even more AMAZING! XD

those CG cut-scene are very beautiful! (I still miss one >.< maybe it's in the B or C ending XD)

oh and btw is there something special if you complete all the voice collection?

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2006, 06:37 AM Local time: Jul 27, 2006, 04:37 AM #44 of 55
In the original, you got a "Congratulations!" screen with artwork of Loki.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 10:47 PM #45 of 55
Playing the game for a bit, and I've started coming across translucent enemies and I can't find them, which is making the game a bit difficult as I can't level normally. Wtf's going on here?

Double Post:
Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Totally forgot I had the Dimension Slip equipped. :/

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Last edited by SouthJag; Aug 6, 2006 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:56 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 01:56 PM #46 of 55
Today I went to GameStop to trade in my PSP, only to find out they wont take it because it has a crack on the faceplate. Since I'm unofficially stuck with it, I figured I might as well get a game for it, otherwise its just a paperweight. That game was of course VP: Lenneth. But I can't say I'm too excited about spending 40$ on a game I already have, and finished recently compared to most people. I hear theres nothing new in Lenneth, gameplay wise, but the 3D cutscenes look nice.

I really just can't wait for Silmeria to come out. Game of the year anyone?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:18 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 11:18 PM #47 of 55
How do you go about getting these various endings? All the guides I've read so far are really nebulous about this and don't seem to give proper requirements for any of the different endings.

I never finished the game before, so what do you need to do in order to get the A ending? So far, I'm in chapter 4, just entered Lezard's tower.

FELIPE NO
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 05:25 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 03:25 PM #48 of 55
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/199175.html

Endings FAQ.

Yunuyei
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 8371

Level 1.34

Jun 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 02:46 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 07:46 PM #49 of 55
Vprofile anime

hmmm...the nwe fmv's are nice but i heard that there are two mor anime fmvs in the old version.one killing loki and the aother after the battle with him ,lucian and valkyrie on asgard hill kissing each other.
does anybody know where i could get them?:doh:

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 04:20 PM #50 of 55
I like how in one sentence you spoiled almost all the game ...

(some people here didn't play or finish the game >.>)

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PSP