Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Konami's bringing "Power Pro Baseball" to America

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 03:38 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2007, 09:38 AM #1 of 2
Konami's bringing "Power Pro Baseball" to America

Quote:
Officials from Take-Two subsidiary 2K Sports and Konami have announced that the companies are partnering to bring Konami’s perennially popular Power Pro baseball franchise to North America this fall for both the PlayStation 2 and Wii.

Developed by Konami and published by 2K Sports, MLB Power Pros will feature the series signature cartoon style, though a statement from both companies notes that players can still expect to recognize popular baseball players “through comic usage of facial expressions, facial hair, and hair styles.” In addition, Konami has also included recreations of every MLB ballpark in the game as well.

As with other game in the decade-old series, MLB Power Pro with forgo realism for fun, accessible gameplay. The upcoming title will feature more than a dozen game modes, including a detailed season mode and the success mode, which combines traditional role-playing elements with baseball scenarios.

The latest 14th iteration of the franchise, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 14 debuted at the top of the most recent Japanese charts, with 153,000 copies of the PS2 version sold, and 48,000 for the Wii.

"For years, Konami's Power Pro Baseball has been Japan's No. 1 baseball game, in sales and fan ratings," said Kazumi Kitaue, chairman and CEO of Konami Digital Entertainment. "Now, in an excellent partnership with 2K Sports, it is with great pleasure that we bring Power Pro Baseball to the North American market as MLB Power Pros, where this great sport was born."
Source.

How ya doing, buddy?
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 03:43 PM #2 of 2
That's...wow, this was one of those games I was positive I'd never see released outside Japan. I've played a couple SNES versions of it, but supposedly, it's really evolved over the years, so I'll be really curious to see how it turns out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Konami's bringing "Power Pro Baseball" to America