Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] LOST
Closed Thread

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 12:02 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 11:02 AM #351 of 1091
Ok quick question... The man that Eko went to see concerning his daughter being resurrected, was that the same guy who was the psychic that Claire went to see during the episodes of her backstory?

As for Michael dying, I hope it doesn't happen soon. They finally made a way for his character to be interesting instead of just, "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!!!" all the time. I can't wait to see Walt next season when he's aged 3 years and has only been on the island for 6 months.

FELIPE NO
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 12:28 PM #352 of 1091
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
Ok quick question... The man that Eko went to see concerning his daughter being resurrected, was that the same guy who was the psychic that Claire went to see during the episodes of her backstory?
YES.

From what I can tell, that man KNOWS something, and he's hiding it. I bet the daughter knew something about the plane crash and wanted to tell Eko, but her father is trying to step in and control something - maybe he's a part of Dharma?

Because he REALLY encouraged Claire to take that ONE FLIGHT to LA.

Quote:
As for Michael dying, I hope it doesn't happen soon. They finally made a way for his character to be interesting instead of just, "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!!!" all the time. I can't wait to see Walt next season when he's aged 3 years and has only been on the island for 6 months.
Has it REALLY been 3 years since we last saw him? I thought it was only, like, a year ago.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 12:33 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 11:33 AM #353 of 1091
AWESOME! That's so awesome about the psychic guy.

Well, we haven't seen him really at all this season. A few glimpses in Shannon's dream early in the season, but other than that, Walt hasn't been around at all. So yeah, you're right. It guess it's only been about a year. Still, though. A year of growth when you're borderline puberty age can be a lot. He could have grown 3 inches and have a deep voice.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 12:34 PM #354 of 1091
He means physically. Walt is around puberty age and thus is going to be like a foot taller than he was last time we saw him and perhaps have a deeper voice, etc.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 07:14 PM #355 of 1091
Remember when the monster use to show up every now and then just to scare everyone, and then it would disappear and repeat the same craziness a few more episodes later?

Yeah, I miss those days.

If the monster does not make an appearance or is not mentioned in the season finale then I will be extremely disappointed despite the positive buzz that it has been getting.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by rockthepartay; May 12, 2006 at 07:17 PM.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 07:28 PM #356 of 1091
The reason we hate this show is because none of the characters act like normal people (a.k.a. people with functioning brains).

Everyone keeps everything they see a secret, they never ask "gee, I wonder why that happened," and we're bogged down with macho UGG UGG crap from the leading males.

These flashbacks are barely interesting, to boot. They're almost all filler. Plus, any character development we got in Season 1 is just torn down in Season 2, making all of the characters (except for maybe the Koreans) unlikable.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 07:31 PM #357 of 1091
I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Yeah, it's been so absent this season, we've only seen it once, and it wasn't even hardcore then (in fact it got kind of lamer, actually seeing it; I'm still hoping it has some kind of alternate form or something). I keep hoping their saving it for the season finale (which is supposed to be bloody) and actually whoops ass or at least chases some dudes.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 07:35 PM #358 of 1091
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
These flashbacks are barely interesting, to boot. They're almost all filler. Plus, any character development we got in Season 1 is just torn down in Season 2, making all of the characters (except for maybe the Koreans) unlikable.
Agreed, but I personally LOVED Eko's storyline. Unfortunately no others stood out for me. What got me so into this show last season was how incredibly stellar the cast was. I'd never seen such a solid ensemble of characters. Now all they do is bitch at one another and get into fights all the time. It's a shame.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 08:31 PM #359 of 1091
The optimist in me is hoping that the fact that every character is less and less likable is intentional, perhaps the island is turning them crazy or something.

...But, it's probably just the bad writing. :|

FELIPE NO
rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 08:48 PM #360 of 1091
I'm pretty sure that the characters becoming darker is intentional. Everything went crazy ever since Michael started using the computer.

I really am looking forward to the monster killing someone eventually. I mean, it's been leading up to this point, and it would once again leave everyone wondering why the hell it leaves some people alive but kills others.

Also, the idea that the monster can shape shift or something is not a farfetched one. Considering that the first time we "saw" the monster was in the same episode that it was labeled a security system (the season 1 finale), I still feel that it can do more than what we have seen thus far. You don't call an intelligent black smoke that goes around reading people's minds a "security system" unless it actually does something to earn that name.

Unless, of course, it is just bad writing.

I still hold the opinion that season 2 has been slightly better than season 1, because if you take out the pilot episodes, season 2 nearly mirrors season 1 in quality.

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 09:12 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 08:12 PM #361 of 1091
Originally Posted by rockthepartay
I really am looking forward to the monster killing someone eventually. I mean, it's been leading up to this point, and it would once again leave everyone wondering why the hell it leaves some people alive but kills others.
Remember also when the wild boars were going nuts and scewing them up with their tusks. And that crazy ep with the polar bear coming after Walt. It seems like since they found the hatch, the only threat on the island is the prescence of the Others.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 09:33 PM #362 of 1091
Well Rousseau said it was a security system, but she's been on the island for a while; I estimate since the late 80s or early 90s. According to the blastdoormap Cerberus aka the monster malfunctioned at some point. According to other writings on the map, various places were abandoned or avoided because of its presence. (How Locke/Eko got back over to that plane without it catching them, I don't know.)

I don't know if it's working for anyone or doing its own thing. I wonder if it's going to be the cliche it-became-self-aware plotline. Because it went after Locke, so either it was bringing him to the Others or somewhere entirely different.

It was still way cooler as a straight cold killer than it is as a brain scanning, I'll-kill-you-if-I-feel-like-it thing.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
HazelrahFiver
Syklis Green

Member 4110

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:47 AM #363 of 1091
I actually have a theory that there are two monsters, the lighter but interesting one that we've now seen. It works for the 'Others' (I believe in two groups of them as well, but that's another post) and is set up as a Security System, like Rousseau said. It judges you based on your life and if you are a 'good person' then you get to live so the Others can assimilate you.
The other monster is the one that we see more often in the first season, until the end of the season briefly. My main reason for thinking there are two monsters are the following: In Locke's first episode, #4, the monster hovers high over him and lets him go without consequence. Then at the end of the season when the monster is over him (much closer this time as if it can't get as high!) Locke smiles at first... then gets fearful (at the realization that it's not the same monster!) One Monster sounds like a beast, thrashing and knocking over trees. The other is mechanical, with grinding gears and it uproots the trees.

What's my point? I too am hoping for more monster/better monster with the episodes remaining in season 2. This I believe is how it can happen, because there is the beast like monster still out there waiting for his appearance this season. *keeps fingers crossed*

XtremeDJW
Chocobo

Member 3625

Level 10.03

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:54 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:54 AM #364 of 1091
Originally Posted by nazpyro
Oh true... perhaps the Ekow story from the episode is some sort of foreshadowing of someone rising from the dead. Maybe... I'm betting it's Tony.
I like those odds.

How ya doing, buddy?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:41 PM #365 of 1091
Originally Posted by HazelrahFiver
I actually have a theory that there are two monsters,
Yeah I used to think this too, but judging from all of the scenes in which the monster has ever appeared, its actions and sounds are fairly consistent.

I've always felt there should be a "light monster" for this "dark monster" but, even still, for now I've abandoned the idea of two monsters, especially since the blast door map pretty much chronicles the existence of Cerberus and nothing else that could be interpreted as the monster.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:56 PM #366 of 1091
Originally Posted by HazelrahFiver
What's my point? I too am hoping for more monster/better monster with the episodes remaining in season 2. This I believe is how it can happen, because there is the beast like monster still out there waiting for his appearance this season. *keeps fingers crossed*
Only problem I have with a beast-like monster being on the island is that no matter what it is, it's going to be corny and/or farfetched.

If it's a dinosaur, or anything prehistoric, people are going to draw the obvious Jurassic Park references, and it's going to probably hurt the show. I know that I personally would be disappointed if it was a dinosaur.

So, what badass tree-uprooting creatures are left? Giant ape? Huge humans? Crazed giraffes? Given how far we've come, and how much of a psychological mishmash this show has turned out to be, it has actually started to make sense that the "monster" is a horizontal plume of mindreading black smoke.

I'm still eagerly awaiting an explanation of what it is. Seeing the monster is when the show took a turn for the worse for me, because it's too god damn weird. Things like that stick in my head, because I try my best to figure it out. But the monster has gotten me completely stumped, and it's infuriating. The whole thing that got me into the show to begin with wasn't even the notion of the Others or a hatch, it was this crazed fucking monster uprooting trees and stealing people in the first few episodes. Here are these poor saps trapped on an island after a plane crash, and now THIS? The whole reason I kept watching was to answer the question, "what is the monster?"

I WANT ANSWERS!

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 12:57 PM #367 of 1091
Ceberus had 3 heads. Maybe there are three monsters, or serve three functions (other than the obvious guarding of "the gates of hell"/the Island).

FELIPE NO

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 01:19 PM #368 of 1091
According to this week's Entertainment, which just arrived in the mail, here's what we will be seeing in the season finale -

"This time, we'll see Walt again, learned what caused Oceanic flight 815 to crash, find out what the mysterious button actually does (if anything), and more."

Well, that kinda helps my 2nd plane crash theory a bit... The button causes and EMP pulse, which lead to 815 crashing before. We find this out when another EMP pulse is unleashed and another plane hits the island.

$10 says I'm right.

I hope "and more" refers to the damn monster though.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 03:02 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 02:02 PM #369 of 1091
I want to add my vote. Not enough of Pyramid Head the black smoke monster.

Spoiler:
There is a new commercial of the upcoming Lost episode (different from the one shown after last weeks.) And there was a shot of Walt in there as well as a new landmark, The Door.

Local residents of Hawaii actually found and took pictures of the set with "the Door" (http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Door)

And on the Jimmy Kimmel show on Friday night, JJ Abrams was the guest director.. made the show shitty.. and throughout the show you can see Mr. Friendly (the beard guy) sitting in the audience. And at one point he said something that was played backwards. I'm wondering if what he said could be a clue or if it's total nonsense.

Edit:

Psh, I found the audio of that and what Mr. Friendly said was... "Go see Mission Impossible 3. JJ needs the money."

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by makura; May 13, 2006 at 03:10 PM.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 04:03 PM #370 of 1091
This is taken from another site. Season 3 will have no repeats. Seems like everyone's pissed at them and so:

-- Season 3 of LOST will have no repeats;

-- Will commence in fall for seven episodes;

-- While Lost is on hiatus it will be replaced by new drama "The Nine" (with the theme of ordinary strangers linked by extraordinary circumstances). "The Nine" focuses on a group of New Yorkers taken hostage in a bank robbery gone awry.)

-- Consecutive episodes of Lost will then run until May;

-- ABC will air J.J. Abrams new high concept drama "Six Degrees" at 10PM ET on thursdays (following "Grey's Anatomy" which is being switched from Sundays). "Six Degrees" centers on six very different New York City strangers enmeshed in a web of mysterious coincidence in an intriguing tale of inte

So, somebody's listening! I wonder if they will also realize how Season 2 was rather mediocre and write a bitching Season 3.

How ya doing, buddy?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:20 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 07:20 AM #371 of 1091
Originally Posted by Eleo
"The Nine" focuses on a group of New Yorkers taken hostage in a bank robbery gone awry..
A+

Episode 3 is going to be even more boring than 2, obv.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:20 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 01:20 PM #372 of 1091
-- While Lost is on hiatus it will be replaced by new drama "The Nine" (with the theme of ordinary strangers linked by extraordinary circumstances). "The Nine" focuses on a group of New Yorkers taken hostage in a bank robbery gone awry.
Actually, The Nine is premiering in the 10PM ET on Wednesdays, after Lost. The new Taye Diggs show Day Break will replace Lost during its hiatus.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:33 PM #373 of 1091
Um, why do "The Nine" and "Six Degrees" sound so similar, just with different numbers of cast members?

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 05:03 PM #374 of 1091
Originally Posted by SILBER-3
Actually, The Nine is premiering in the 10PM ET on Wednesdays, after Lost. The new Taye Diggs show Day Break will replace Lost during its hiatus.
Whatever you say. I got my info from thefuselage.com

Also, pre-emptive spoilers for tonight:
Spoiler:
Well, here it is! Please help by posting any followup posts from insiderscoop today!

ETA he entered it in 3 parts, am adding all 3 parts here

Part 1

We start 13 Days ago when Mike asked Locke for the rifle before setting off to find Walt. After he knocks Locke out he goes to the computer and after a few moments is typing and receiving a message from (?Walt?) He says to travel north along the beach he will come across a big rock with a hole in it. Then he hears Jack and proceeds to lock him in the armory.

Present day

Jack Mike Sawyer and Kate talking about a plan of attack Hurley upset because his friends are not even buried yet. They will have a funeral for Anna and Libby.
Jack wants to bring an army.
Mike insists just the five of them should go us or they’ll hear us coming.
Charlie talks to Claire and gives her the meds and the injection gun he found from the latest delivery of supplies. She is happy he did this for her and Arron.
Eko’s moving into hatch to punch in the numbers.
She says OH MY GOD it’s Micheal. He’s back.

Sawyer gives Sayid a gun and invites him to the battle
Charlie will continue to build church on his own.
Vincent delivers a Heroin statue to Charlie. Vincent leads Charlie back to the Heroin stash. He takes all the statues.

Part 2

The day Mike set out to find Walt he gets captured by Zeke a short while later they catch Kate. When Alex is asked to bring Kate out during the Standoff (Zeke and Jack) Alex asks someone else to bring her out. Alex then asks Mike how Claire and the Baby are doing and was it a boy or a girl?

They Take Mike to the place with the rock with the hole on the cliff which is where the tents are in the promotional pics. It looks like only one set of others are on the island.

Mike is introduced to Mrs. Clue who asks him questions about Walts Early childhood. When age did he start talking? Etc. Mike doesn’t know but this apparently goes on for a week. Until they realize Gale has been captured and they want him back.

He is later given 3 minutes to speak to Walt. They make me take tests he said. Get me out of here dad. They're not who they say they are. Mrs. Clue says that’s enough or we’ll put you back in the room. Walt doesn't like the room whatever it is.

Part 3

They will let Mike and Walt go free if Mike can free Henry and deliver Kate Jack Sawyer and Hurley as well but no one else.
Sawyer and Jack talk about Anna and Sawyer says he screwed her. Jack asks why are you telling me. Sawyer says cause you’re the closest thing I’ve ever had to a friend.

Later when Mike tells Sayid he can’t come with them Sayid puts 2 AND 2 together and tells Jack I think Mike has been compromised. They will let Mike think he is in control of the plan.

Charlie throws all the statues into the ocean they are all intact. Locke is sitting on the beach looking out and sees what he did they exchange a short glance. Carlie goes off to the funeral.

Locke cuts the splint on his leg puts on a backpack and heads out to the jungle without attending the funeral or telling anyone where he’s going. (Possibly to find Henry?)

Claire holds hands with Charlie at the funeral while Hurley is talking about Libby.

Sun looks out to the water and sees ______

Then they all see it

A small sailboat. (My guess is it’s Desmonds since we know he’s in the finale) This is where it ends.

Not even that shocking. I'm super disappointed.

Last edited by Eleo; May 17, 2006 at 05:05 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 06:10 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 05:10 PM #375 of 1091
Whatever you say. I got my info from thefuselage.com
Well, I read my info on tvguide.com, which got their info from Variety, which got their info from the president of ABC's entertainment division.

Originally Posted by tvguide.com
In a Tuesday-morning conference call, ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson announced that Lost will launch its third season with seven consecutive new episodes, temporarily cede its time slot to the Taye Diggs mid-season thriller Day Break, and then return for an uninterrupted run in January or early February, Variety reports.
Even ABC's official press release states The Nine as coming on after Lost in the 10PM EST timeslot.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, I just wanted to clear this up.

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] LOST