Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Accessing HD that does not Boot

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2008, 06:24 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2008, 06:24 PM #1 of 2
Accessing HD that does not Boot

Hey Guys,

I got a computer that will not boot (virus or more likely, failing HD), and I thought I would use my other computer to copy the files that are on the non bootable drive.

However, it is user account enabled and I cannot access the important "picture" files from the HD. How do I get around the accounts without having to attempt to get the damaged HD to boot....

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2008, 10:18 PM Local time: Aug 30, 2008, 11:18 AM #2 of 2
Scan the hard disk with SpinRite 6.0 (easily pirateable), then back up the Disk Image with Norton Ghost (again, easily pirateable). You must have the hard disk internally when running SpinRite, but there are Norton Ghost boot disks which support a USB enclosure, once you get to that stage.

You can try all the user account mojo on a different drive, once you load the disk image on it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Accessing HD that does not Boot