Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Art angst!

Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:45 AM #1 of 5
Art angst!

So I'm just going to be short and to the point--why the fuck won't people respond to my art when I post it?

Like seriously, my art isn't bad. I'm not being rude to the VERY FEW people commenting on it. My style isn't any more or any less generic than half the people posting art threads in TCC are, so why does my thread keep getting pushed down and why is there an astonishing lack of critiques?

It's not even like I'm posting my art just for the comments and critiques or anything--I mean, that isn't why I draw--but, you know, if I'm posting it publically on a public forum I'd appriciate some feedback that isn't the typical "OH YAH GOOD" response that hardly constitutes as a response, period.

So really, like, what is it? Do people just hate what I draw, is my thread just as typical as the other threads in there? What is it, I just want to know >=|

EDIT: Also, to make it clear, I'm not just talking about my art thread here on GFF. This is also a problem on other art sites where I post my stuff up publically for critiques.

Most amazing jew boots
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 03:03 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 01:03 AM #2 of 5
Mainly because people are still stuck at "art comments" mentality rather then "art discussion", I am pretty sure people just not sure what to say, really. From my experience in some of the art forums, poeple tend to JUMP on newbies who are really bad and given out generic advice like "OMG LRN ADTOMOY!!111" I don't think those are particularly helpful. To people who are good, but not "godly good" people are like "mah, its kool, but I don't have anything to say...".

It would be good if the artist themselves identifies the area that they have trouble with in inidividual pieces. Although I thought you said you don't want critques? O.o;;

Most amazing jew boots
♪♡
Thanks Seris!
Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 01:36 PM #3 of 5
Well, it'd atleast help if people would say something rather than nothing. I mean, usually I can eye what's wrong with my art before I post it up, but, I'd like to get a second opinion, you know?

Yes I want critiques ;_; I'm not going to get better just by going by my own opinion... Atleast I don't think I will anyway <<

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 03:33 PM #4 of 5
Well, I know I haven't gone into the art pages yet... but.. well, I think I will now..

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Art angst!