Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Screensaver issues

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:54 AM #1 of 5
Screensaver issues

I've noticed that over the past little while, my screensaver has been... well, fucky. I guess in better detail:

- Screensaver only comes on when the computer is 'locked' with Windows Key+L.
- When I run most games, I'll have to 'reset' the screensaver by going through the display CP and clicking 'OK' to make it work again.
- If the computer isn't locked, the screensaver NEVER comes on.

...Which is strange. I have it set to a 1-minute timer, but again, for some reason it just... doesn't go on, unless I lock the computer first, and even then, sometimes I have to reset it. Any ideas why?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:11 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 06:11 PM #2 of 5
If you're using XP, there's a fix from Microsoft for this specific problem. Just run Windows Update or search their knowledge base.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 03:22 PM #3 of 5
The problem seems to be this one, because I just noticed... I use a Dell monitor with a sort of USB hub, that I use to connect my mouse and keyboard. I turned the monitor off [to turn off the keyboard] so I could clean them, and when I turned it back on, the screen saver was going happily. But it seems the only 'fix' is to 'install the latest service pack'... But I've already got SP2, and I always run Windows Update every week or so for new stuff.

Bleh.

Most amazing jew boots
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 03:27 PM Local time: Dec 8, 2006, 02:27 PM #4 of 5
There are certain programs that when they're running disable the screensaver.

Winamp is one (if a video is running and the option is checked).

How ya doing, buddy?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 04:15 AM #5 of 5
Generally the only thing running when I leave my PC is MSN, and even then, it's closed to the taskbar. That, and µTorrent, but that's closed too.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Screensaver issues