Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce and Mugen. There is no love.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 04:08 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 03:08 AM #1 of 13
Gamingforce and Mugen. There is no love.

So a friend of mine searches Gamingforce, and after that urban dictionary entry he finds this:

WELCOME TO THE MUGEN DEPOT

Quote:
Why Gamingforce Hates You
Many of you may have noticed that certain forums are certainly more accepting than others. A few (Gamingforce to name one in particular) have strict policies about individuals who want anything and everything Mugen-related. Most of these forums are designed for people who are frequents (people with absolutely no life) to the board, and not so much zero posters. Zero posters (in the Mugen sense) are people who sign up for a board just to gain access, and usually make one request then leave. Administrators absolutely HATE this, which is why you will usually receive a less than warm welcome. The best path to take is to get friendly with a crowd first before "asking" for something. This way you will not look like a leecher...websites are for people who want to take and not give...forums are for a community.

Forums like Gamingforce and Mugen-Infantry are absolutely against these kinds of people...as you can see below, a Gamingforce admin named Lord Styphon feels this way about the Mugen-community:
"Let me get this straight. You only come here for MUGEN related crap, and are so engrossed in it that you don't know anything of Gamingforce Interactive Forums as a whole, up to and including who is in charge.

Despite this, you still feel qualified to tell us how we should run our board?"
Thanks goes out to an old friend of mine for sending me his response. So in the end...is it your fault? Maybe a little...but who's to blame? A little of everybody...I mean...the official Mugen Thread on Gamingforce has RULE#1: Requests are handled. Who said this scene was perfect?

So apparently GFF lives in infamy within the Mugen universe. Styphon is our Darth Vader, and the world of imaginary fighting game thinks we're jerks.

Gentlemen. Success.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 04:34 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 04:34 AM 1 #2 of 13
If anyone is interested, this is the PM that my response was made to.

Originally Posted by Makaar
Mugen Problems You Might Want To Address
Dont' know who is in charge of Gamingforce, but let's look at it this way...

1. The official mugen thread is banning people for requesting characters, when on page 1 they are reading that requesting is allowed...that seems strange to me and many others.

2. I started a thread for mugen trading, then it got locked because people were apparently "not following rules"...

You should probably make a "big" rule that requesting is not allowed anywhere on Gamingforce if this is the case. Soldier wrote on page 1 of his thread that requesting was allowed, I mentioned it to him, and he never did anything about it. Then I mentioned it to Infernal Monkey, he did nothing about it. Please just have him remove that rule from page 1 so this whole deal won't look so hypocritical.
And the two that followed the reply.

I was being polite but if you don't want to be professional on a board then that's fine. What next? Ban me for stating a point? Do you run the site or are you just one of many mods sticking up for a buddy?

I've run boards before and I know how it feels to be in charge...I've also been in the army...anyone young enough and given some power or authority hate to be told what to do by someone else.

Would it help if I said please to remove the thing from page 1? I have a life outside of Mugen, but if someone came to the Gamingforce threads for one particular game would you single them out if it wasn't mugen?
Oh yeah forgot to mention this in my last reply, but the only reason I suggested those things was to help out Gamingforce so they didn't have those people coming in all the time. Mugen is only big because of newbie leechers, and its a shame that too many people found that out too late. Regardless, I have no idea how to get rid of those types of people. So I apologize for that much.
I think our idea how to get rid of those types of people worked wonderfully.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 04:58 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 05:58 PM #3 of 13
Denicalis is a GFF frequent, obviously he has absolutely no life. Let me put on my smug face.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:38 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 02:38 PM #4 of 13
Originally Posted by Mugen depot
Your #1 Underground Mugen Warehouse
What makes it an underground Mugen warehouse? I wasn't aware that there was a distinction between mainstream Mugen losers and a more hardcore, underground group.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:50 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 01:50 PM #5 of 13
Join Gamingforce! Pretend to be outgoing and friendly so people won't realise you're just another fucking leech!

Why and when the hell did we wind up being the internet's Mugen hub, anyway?

Most amazing jew boots
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 09:01 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 02:01 PM #6 of 13
What makes it an underground Mugen warehouse? I wasn't aware that there was a distinction between mainstream Mugen losers and a more hardcore, underground group.
Wouldn't you rather they were underground where they're not bothering anyone?

PUT THEM ALL IN A GIANT HOLE UNDERGROUND

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 01:20 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 07:20 PM #7 of 13
But if they're out in the open we can laugh at them for being a level of internet loser barely above furries.

FELIPE NO
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 01:47 PM #8 of 13
What makes it an underground Mugen warehouse?

It's a little... obscure. The MUGEN community (such as it is) hinges upon people taking spritecaps from fighting games and then scripting them together. Once they've done this for a certain character, Guile for example, it ceases in the scripting individual's mind to be simply "Guile". It is now their Guile and god help anyone who uploads it anywhere without his permission!

Of course, their actual legal and ethical rights to this "creative work" are approximately nil but this is not the majority view among MUGENites. Thus, people trying to actually distribute mods for a game are the target of a great deal of hostility. In this sense they're "underground", nobody actually admits to perusing their goods or approving of them at all.

So, sad as it is, MUGEN DEPOT is probably one of the least retarded MUGEN sites in existence. This doesn't say much of course.

(and now, having admitted to knowing about a video game, I will be roundly mocked)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Old Dec 22, 2008, 01:51 PM #9 of 13
AcerBandit casts the first stone

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:00 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 08:00 PM #10 of 13
For the first couple of months of the Mugen thread's life I was rather confused actually as I assumed they were talking about Honda's tuning company Mugen, not some pick-your-own Street Fighter game. I do find it constantly amusing though when people online steal someone else's IP, make a couple of miniscule adjustments and then leave a long and rambling "copyright notice" to say you can't steal it. You mainly see it at GameFAQS where someone's copied out the official guide to a game, added a word for word copy of the ingame menus and then put a three page disclaimer at the top about how you can't copy their stuff. I have on occasionally copied the whole thing and submitted it to another site including my name and address and an invitation to sue me. To date I have heard nothing...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:02 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 12:02 PM #11 of 13
The HTML & layout on that wharehouse site is simply stunning.

Also, it appears any MUGEN threads at all are banned, which was how it was at least a year ago.

Most amazing jew boots
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:19 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2008, 12:19 PM #12 of 13
Originally Posted by the intertubenetz
We only have 4.8 MB of bandwidth an hour. That means that when enough viewers come to site and we exceed the limit, we shut down temporarily
as a result of Geocities. If you ever have a time when this site is down, simply try again in 10-15 minutes. The best times to access Mugen Depot
is in the early hours of morning, usually. This site will remain free, so don't expect this to change anytime soon!
I just found that to be a bit sad.

And Styphon...please tell me when he said "I've run boards before" you replied with "Into the ground" LawL (I wouldn't expect you to, but it still made me laugh at that thought).

Also...I never understood the big whoop about this Mugen thing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2008, 03:15 PM #13 of 13
the little kids like mugen mash ups but all the really do is put the cpu vs cpu and wet their pants at watching ryu and goku go at it.
Banning Mugen was the best choice overall but it was funny to see a few people stroll here afterwards trying to make a request when there was clearly a "no more mugen thread" thread, then have it closed, then have that same person make a thread asking why it was closed XD

I was speaking idiomatically.

New Record!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Gamingforce and Mugen. There is no love.