Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:39 PM #351 of 1567
I've seen SOME people get lucky, but this is like the Halo 3 of the Wii and trying to nab a Legendary Edition just by walking in on release day.

Odds are, you're probably fucked and you're gonna shoot yourself in the foot for not reserving it earlier.

But, some people are like that. Can't help what they do. <_<

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:43 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2008, 10:43 PM 2 #352 of 1567
I've seen SOME people get lucky, but this is like the Halo 3 of the Wii and trying to nab a Legendary Edition just by walking in on release day.
This was not hard to do. Legendaries were extremely plentiful. My store has 1 left from launch, even.

Quote:
Odds are, you're probably fucked and you're gonna shoot yourself in the foot for not reserving it earlier.
Gamestop propaganda. While it may be selling quickly, I don't think you're not going to be able to find one right away. Check the big box stores like Best Lies, Faggotshop, Wal-fart and Circunt Shitty. I'd be surprised if you couldn't nab one on day one.

GS does all sorts of inventory fuckery for various reasons, and it may be true that you won't get one if you GO THERE. Other places will have it. I can't imagine a software sell out unless Nintendo seriously dropped the ball.

And if that's the case, your preorder might mean jack if you're late, so you're fucked either way! Isn't that GREAT?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:44 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2008, 09:44 PM #353 of 1567
The gamestop I went to had about...3 or 4 pyramids with like..15 each.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:54 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2008, 08:54 PM #354 of 1567
Wow, suddenly we are on version 834. I think I missed 829 versions somewhere.

Now for something with some content, I am very much looking forward to trying Brawl on a widescreen TV. Seems like some stages (Hyrule Temple) will fit a lot better that way, I think. Also less time spent in magnifying glass on the side of the screen.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:36 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2008, 10:36 PM #355 of 1567
Apologies that I didn't know every detail about the game >_> Forgiveness please!

I've been looking through a lot of screens and some opinions, the game definitely looks pretty, I'm sure I'll be amazed after years of being used to Gamecube Melee. And yes, I'm also looking forward to the 16:9 ratio option, a treat for all the people I'm sure who have been starting to upgrade all their TV sets for the new year (myself to be included soon, hopefully).

Now we just need an orchestral version of the game's soundtrack and we're good to go.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:47 AM #356 of 1567
Wow, suddenly we are on version 834. I think I missed 829 versions somewhere.
That's what you get for not posting all the time. You miss out on all the shittastic Smash Bros. threads.

Yeah, and what Skills said. If I hadn't been able to preorder today I would have gone over to Best Buy, Toys R Us, and Walmart on the release day. One of them would have it, and should the fates and my Gamestop betray me then that's exactly what I'll do.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 01:11 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2008, 11:11 PM #357 of 1567
We can probably all agree that if you haven't bought or stolen your copy by day 1, you're out of luck for awhile at least. Now it's basically a question if and when it will overtake Super Mario Galaxy as bestselling Wii game ever (discounting the Sports/Play pack-ins). If Japan sales are any indication, it won't be too long. (820,000 for Brawl vs. 250,000 for Galaxy in the first week).

I was speaking idiomatically.

Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 01:32 AM #358 of 1567
Hmm..I made a reserve a couple months back but didn't actually pay in full until about a week ago. Hope that doesn't matter.

As for controllers at the tournament, yeah, the rules say the store will provide the controllers, but they don't say what type(s). And that you can't bring your own.

It WOULD make sense for a Gamecube controller to be an option; it'd be utterly retarded if it weren't. But oh well...if it isn't thought to be already, this tournament could turn out to be a complete joke. There are numerous ways it could be really unfair for a lot of people, being stuck with a Wii Remote (& nunchuk?) instead of a Gamecube controller to name just one.

But in any case, I've decided to participate, and hopefully that'll earn me a decent spot in the line. Interestingly enough, I only signed up a couple of weeks ago and I was first to do so in that store. Last I asked though (which was a while back) the workers at the Gamestop I pre-ordered at told me they're aiming to have everybody out by 12:15. Yeah, good luck.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 01:35 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2008, 11:35 PM #359 of 1567
To answer you Josiah, its the Wiimote Nunchuck configuration.

And yeah...the tournament for my gamestop is going to blow. I went in today and there were 30 people signed up...and they want to start the tournament at 9. God I hope I don't get eliminated super quickly. Maybe if they finish early they'll tell people to pick their copies up and go home lol

FELIPE NO
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 01:53 AM #360 of 1567
This was not hard to do. Legendaries were extremely plentiful. My store has 1 left from launch, even.

Gamestop propaganda. While it may be selling quickly, I don't think you're not going to be able to find one right away. Check the big box stores like Best Lies, Faggotshop, Wal-fart and Circunt Shitty. I'd be surprised if you couldn't nab one on day one.

GS does all sorts of inventory fuckery for various reasons, and it may be true that you won't get one if you GO THERE. Other places will have it. I can't imagine a software sell out unless Nintendo seriously dropped the ball.

And if that's the case, your preorder might mean jack if you're late, so you're fucked either way! Isn't that GREAT?
Only problem with that, is that there are those people that go to GS last, and by that time it's too late. I dunno why but one of my friends was so happy to burn this guy, cause he called it about CoD4 being sold out from all stores in our area, and he said to the guy that though pre-ordering isn't always needed, for some games like that you should if you wanted to get the jump on it right away.

"I went to other stores (K-mart/Wal-mart, etc) and they didn't have any copies. Do you have any extras?"

"Why didn't you pre-order it before?"

"I figured I was gonna get a copy."

"We don't have any more copies." (He wanted to say "You're S.O.L son!!! I told you!")

But despite it being propaganda, it helps at times as much as it hurts, for those hard to find games, or the extremely popular ones, depending on your area.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 02:15 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2008, 12:15 AM #361 of 1567
I originally preordered it from Best Buy but then I pre-ordered from gamestop today because well...I would be up at 12:00 anyways and figured why not enter the tournament. So fortunately for me, if I don't get it at GS I have bestbuy to fall back on.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 02:22 AM #362 of 1567
So you pre-ordered twice?

o_o

But yeah, about my Legendary Halo comment earlier. The day after release there was no Legendaries left at the Gamestop I go to, so I thought that was just the general thing that happened at a good majority of them.

Either that, Jersey gamers are fucking insane. I ended up getting five texts and three calls from my friends that they were at the release. To top it off, two of my friends got Halo 3 hats from Lids with Halo 3 and the release date on front. On the back, it had their GamerTags for the 360. <_<

But here's hoping to rub in everyone's face that I get my copy before the people on line do. The friend of mine hooking me up is supposed to head there after he's done working at the arcade, so I'll just tag with him. Make my life easy. :|

Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 03:24 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2008, 01:24 AM #363 of 1567
I preordered mine from Amazon.com literally on Wednesday last week and they said it shipped on Thursday, will be here by Monday. So, it's still possible to get it if you haven't pre-ordered it yet.

Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 03:29 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2008, 09:29 AM #364 of 1567
Today's update was a bunch of screenshots that Sakurai has received that he thought were amusing and they are.

Just wanted to point out a rather amusing one titled "Tingle's Dream".

Do notice Snake lurking way in the top right corner. Oh Sakurai (or really Gomadoufu) you card~
If anything, Snake in the courner is the only accuracy in that picture.

And as far as Pre-orders are concerned, I placed mine back in January so , to be frank, I'd drag GameStation's ass to cort if I didn't get it whenever NOE decides to stop being a dick.

How ya doing, buddy?
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 06:17 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2008, 04:17 AM #365 of 1567
I unlocked snake but I have no idea how to use his codec taunt thingy. And the Subspace Emissary is pretty damn awesome since you never know what to expect next. I was playing through it with one of my friends until the other two showed up.

I just played this game for about 7 hours straight. That's pretty bad because my head is in pain right now. I've probably unlocked about 5 or 6 characters so far. o_o

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 06:24 AM #366 of 1567
Originally Posted by Miles
I just played this game for about 7 hours straight
Good god. The last time I did something like that was when 3 of my pals and myself wound up obsessed with Crash Team Racing and raced through the night like little fiends.

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Brawl, SSE is a large part of why I'm looking forward to it as I liked Melee's adventure mode.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 08:24 AM #367 of 1567
I unlocked snake but I have no idea how to use his codec taunt thingy. ...
I think you need to be in his stage and crouch or something... I haven't tried it myself... >_>
... I just played this game for about 7 hours straight. That's pretty bad because my head is in pain right now. I've probably unlocked about 5 or 6 characters so far. o_o
Join the club! My cousins, my brother and I played the game about 5-6 hours each day a couple of weeks ago because it was so much fun. XD

...but yeah, take a break once in a while. o.o

Most amazing jew boots
Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:14 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2008, 10:14 AM #368 of 1567
So you pre-ordered twice?
My guess is that he's probably going to turn one of those preorders into store credit at whichever one he doesn't pick up at. Just wait a few days, your game gets released and you'll get credit at the store usually. Wouldn't be surprised if there are other careful people out there who have their name in at several different stores.

And if we're trading stories about long hours straight with a game, my friends and I did a marathon run of Super Mario Strikers Charged, because the only way you're going to beat that game in the last tourney is if you have 4 good people playing. Screw that CPU. I'm sure I'll be cramming in the hours with Smash also, since I'm actually heading out of the country in just a couple weeks =/ (of course)

I've heard like 90% positive praise for SSE, I can't imagine it to be a downgrade from Melee and I enjoyed the single player on Melee as it was. Looking forward to the fun times tomorrow!

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:28 PM #369 of 1567
So, Gamespot finally got their review up. Not surprised it's not perfect, but the score is still impressive. They gave it a 9.5.

Only bad parts they complain about are some of the platforming stages could've been done without them in the SSE, and the fact you can't play custom stages online.

Otherwise, heavily praised.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Chaotic; Mar 8, 2008 at 12:48 PM.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 02:06 PM #370 of 1567
To answer you Josiah, its the Wiimote Nunchuck configuration.

And yeah...the tournament for my gamestop is going to blow. I went in today and there were 30 people signed up...and they want to start the tournament at 9. God I hope I don't get eliminated super quickly. Maybe if they finish early they'll tell people to pick their copies up and go home lol
Great...in the meantime I'll pray the Gamestop I signed up at will have a little more sense. Even a classic controller would be better than wiimote/nunchuck. Never mind the fact that for all I know, I might have to go there earlier than I intended for the tournament too.

(..Jeez Gamestop, just piss all over the Smash tournament community, why don't you. Even the regular Melee players not part of SWF won't like the choice of controllers.)

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 03:27 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2008, 01:27 PM #371 of 1567
Great...in the meantime I'll pray the Gamestop I signed up at will have a little more sense. Even a classic controller would be better than wiimote/nunchuck. Never mind the fact that for all I know, I might have to go there earlier than I intended for the tournament too.

(..Jeez Gamestop, just piss all over the Smash tournament community, why don't you. Even the regular Melee players not part of SWF won't like the choice of controllers.)
I think its good to give everyone a "fair" chance though. I mean hell, even the people who probably imported the game went straight to the GC controller. The best thing you can do is watch videos and grab a wiimotechuck and simulate the playing and memorize the controls. Thats what I did

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 03:28 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2008, 01:28 PM #372 of 1567
I slept for like 5 hours and then woke up and starting playing again. I'm gonna be like one of those Korean people who die from playing starcraft nonstop without any sleep. This game is dangerous.

I think you need to be in his stage and crouch or something... I haven't tried it myself... >_>
Join the club! My cousins, my brother and I played the game about 5-6 hours each day a couple of weeks ago because it was so much fun. XD

...but yeah, take a break once in a while. o.o
I think I figured it out. In snakes stage I just spammed the box taunt multiple times really quickly and he would kneel down and use his codec. xD The one with Sonic was pretty boring though. I'm gonna try them out with the other characters since I haven't spoiled them through the youtube videos.

I tried playing with the Wii-mote both ways... and it just doesn't work at all for me. It doesn't feel comfortable at all and when you press up on the wii-mote d-pad it doesn't work half the time which results in you not being able to save yourself from the pit of doom. When I was playing with three of my friends last night we'd punish the person who got last place by forcing them to take the wii-mote since we only had 3 gamecube controllers. It's also funny how when a final smash ball appears everyone pauses, freaks out, and runs for it all at the same time. Oh man, good shit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 03:34 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2008, 02:34 PM #373 of 1567
At the very least, Miles will actually be PLAYING A GAME WE CAN PLAY ONLINE WITH HIM, which is an EXTREME RARITY that never happens. Ever.

I fully plan on calling in at work tomorrow to try and unlock as much as possible.

Miles, got any impressions of good or bad things? Played online yet? If so, how was the connection?

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 04:06 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2008, 02:06 PM #374 of 1567
I tried online mode against random people and I just got stuck at the pre-practice stage where you screw around until 3 other people join. Except for the other 3 players all it said was "seeking" for a like 5 minutes before I decided to just quit. It couldn't find any other online players. I guess that's what would happen if you got an online game before release date. Or the people who have their copies already or just unlocking stuff like I am. But I'm guessing the online mode is like playing with computers that have names since there's no communication or anything. I probably wouldn't bother with it unless I were playing with friends I know.

There's not really anything hate about the game so far. Well, there are the kind of long loadtimes when you play Adventure Mode. But it's nothing to hate the game over. I've dealt with worse *cough* Lost Odyssey* *cough*. I definitely approve of the new Final Smashes. Greatest addition to the Smash series EVER!

Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2008, 04:26 PM #375 of 1567
I tried playing with the Wii-mote both ways... and it just doesn't work at all for me. It doesn't feel comfortable at all and when you press up on the wii-mote d-pad it doesn't work half the time which results in you not being able to save yourself from the pit of doom. When I was playing with three of my friends last night we'd punish the person who got last place by forcing them to take the wii-mote since we only had 3 gamecube controllers. It's also funny how when a final smash ball appears everyone pauses, freaks out, and runs for it all at the same time. Oh man, good shit.
Awww, that's too bad about the Wii-mote being crap. Does the "Classic controller" hold up any better? I'm getting one of those pretty soon, and I have one functioning GC controller, so I guess the other two peeps are boned when it comes down to playing a 4-player bout.
This just makes me think that it's too bad my Wavebird is malfunctioning. So sad.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp