Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

X-Men 3

Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 11:28 AM #76 of 356
Originally Posted by LeHah
The movies and the comics are such polar opposites in so many ways, they barely connect to each other. While the Pheonix Saga in the cartoon was pretty spot-on in terms of the original story - they even animated panels from the comic for the cartoon - X3 only has Jean as a "greater entity". Thats as far as the connection goes.

(As for X3 - Iceman doesn't die - but something does happen to Rogue)
Thanks for the response. From what I saw from the Marvel Comic special they had where they identified the characters, it does seem far off base (Iceman is suppose to be in his 20's and never really dated Rogue according to the special). From what it sounds like, it seems as though the director may have tried to incorportate WAY too many things in the film.

I'm not a fan of chick-flicks, so reading this statement from the director has me worried: "“My input really has been just trying to make a more emotional film. A film with more heart and more pathos.” Hmm. Ratner is in talks to return for a spin-off film about Wolverine."--Source

I think the first 2 X-Men films had a good balance of "pathos" (wow, someone else knows that word) and butt-kicking action, which has me wondering if they are just showing some of the action parts from a movie that could easily go sappy if he overboards on the emotion.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 11:49 AM #77 of 356
Originally Posted by Visavi
Iceman is suppose to be in his 20's and never really dated Rogue according to the special.
Bobby Drake has been with the X-Men since it's original inception back in the 60s. Rogue came onboard in the late 70s(?) after a stint with the Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants. She absorbed the powers of Ms Marvel which is where she gained her invulnerbility/flight/strength - they covered this topic in an episode of the cartoon.

I was speaking idiomatically.
VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 06:12 PM #78 of 356
try mid-ish 80s. That's when Rogue joined. It was in Uncanny X-Men 171.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 06:44 PM #79 of 356
Ah, you're correct. I remembered the cover but got the date wrong completely.

Most amazing jew boots
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 09:35 PM #80 of 356
Bobby Drake has been with the X-Men since it's original inception back in the 60s. Rogue came onboard in the late 70s(?) after a stint with the Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants. She absorbed the powers of Ms Marvel which is where she gained her invulnerbility/flight/strength - they covered this topic in an episode of the cartoon.
I like that episode of the cartoon series, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Anyway, I knew the comic book was out in the 60's, but the profile they gave for Iceman when he was created was that he was in his 20's (not that he was written in the 80's but that was his age when the series began supposedly). It was on the History Channel in case someone else caught it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 10:12 AM #81 of 356
Thanks to Darko, I was able to hear the X-Men 3 score a couple days early. (I tend to get score CDs weeks in advanced but my editor sometimes keeps the really good ones for himself, the jerk)

I didn't know what to expect from John Powell - drumloops? synth? - but it wasn't this. This is really, really wonderful. The theme for the X-Men is bigger than Ottman's and the motif for Jean/Phoenix is beautiful and unrestrained. Lots of anvils too - think Don Davis, not James Horner. By the film's finale ("Phoenix Rises"), the score reaches Lord Of The Rings perportions. I know I still have half the year left but this is probably the best action score of 2006.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Misogynyst Gynecologist; May 18, 2006 at 10:17 AM.
Tomzilla
Critically Insane

Member 2968

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 05:12 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 03:12 PM #82 of 356
I didn't know what to expect from John Powell - drumloops? synth? - but it wasn't this. This is really, really wonderful. The theme for the X-Men is bigger than Ottman's and the motif for Jean/Phoenix is beautiful and unrestrained. Lots of anvils too - think Don Davis, not James Horner. By the film's finale ("Phoenix Rises"), the score reaches Lord Of The Rings perportions. I know I still have half the year left but this is probably the best action score of 2006.
Seriously?

I enjoyed Ottman's score, thought it was well done. But if you're right and it is better, then I have yet another reason to see this movie. While an excellent score cannot save a bad movie, it can still make it bearable and in time, it will result in me purchasing the soundtrack.

Is there a way you can upload it?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 01:39 AM #83 of 356
I'm curious, has FOX ever bothered to market the cartoon series on DVD? If they have, anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy? I can still remember in elementary school, coming home and turning on the X-Men cartoons so long ago. I'd love to see them again.

As for The Last Stand, I'm looking forward to it. The 7 minute trailer on Dell seemed just fine with me, but I'm more interested how they'll translate some of the various new characters into the film (As I recall, Colossus was in love with Kitty Pryde). I can only hope that it'll be a good film and I'll get my moneys worth.

Most amazing jew boots
VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 02:34 AM #84 of 356
I dont think so, never as a complete series at least. I'm pretty sure, however, that you can buy fan-made dvds of the series on e-bay.

BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 02:04 PM #85 of 356
Thats too bad. They'd probably make a reasonable amount of money puting them into production too. I'll have to check eBay when I get home later. Thanks.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 02:10 PM #86 of 356
Originally Posted by BucPride
I'm curious, has FOX ever bothered to market the cartoon series on DVD?
Its funny you should mention this. I found this link somehow - http://www.mediaenterprises.tv/produ...roductid=16281

Its a rip off though. Don't bother.

The X-Men cartoon plays on Toon Disney last time I checked, along with The Tick, Spider-Man and even Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.

Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 01:23 PM #87 of 356
So we're finally on the same page about a Powell score.

I hope we get do this again sometime!

FELIPE NO
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE

Last edited by Cal; May 20, 2006 at 06:01 AM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 04:44 PM #88 of 356
Whatever, bald man

Most amazing jew boots
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 12:26 AM #89 of 356
The X-Men cartoon plays on Toon Disney last time I checked, along with The Tick, Spider-Man and even Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.
I thought I was the only person within this generation that has heard of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. It's corny, but I still watch it whenever I have the chance. The most recent episode had the X-Men on it and had Cyberia (?) take over Cerebro and Firestar had to stop repressing her memory of her ex and fight him.

Also, Dave McCoy from MSN Movies wrote a blog entry earlier and it wasn't encouraging, but I still can't wait for the film...a little worried, but anticipating the release.

BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 01:40 AM #90 of 356
Its funny you should mention this. I found this link somehow - http://www.mediaenterprises.tv/produ...roductid=16281

Its a rip off though. Don't bother.
That sucks. What I've found on eBay is encouraging though. Hopefully, I'll get one of the DVD sets to check out all the old episodes. Eventually, I'll have to look on Toon Disney to check out The Tick.

How ya doing, buddy?
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 02:05 AM Local time: May 21, 2006, 04:05 AM #91 of 356
Is anyone really excited about this?

Even after all the few dozen of minutes of crap that's been surfing around?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 06:51 AM #92 of 356
Hey! Ebert And Roper are going to review X-Men 3 today. Check your local listings.

EDIT: They gave the movie two thumbs up. Over all it was a pretty good episode - they gave a good review for the DaVinci Code but also pointed out its flaws (its better as a movie than a book, a lot of the stuff is far-fetched, the controversy around it is BS, etc) and they gave a pretty glowing review for X3 (Good performances, has some ethical questions that can be applied else where, you find yourself agreeing with Magneto's POV, etc)

Last edited by Misogynyst Gynecologist; May 21, 2006 at 11:02 AM.
VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 06:25 PM #93 of 356
That's great. 4 more days till it's released over here and needless to say, I can't wait.

Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 10:42 PM #94 of 356
I apologize if this is a little off-topic, but does anyone know who the American Indian person in some of the X-Men comics and "Spiderman & his Amazing Friends" episode?

VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 11:07 PM #95 of 356
never saw the show but i'd take a guess and say forge. He's the only native american character I can think of outside of moonstar.

FELIPE NO
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 01:11 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 01:11 AM #96 of 356
Wasn't there also a fella who was given powers by ancestral spirits who was native american as well? Can't remember his name but I 'm fairly certain he was a really minor character.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 01:11 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 12:11 AM #97 of 356
I am definitely looking forward to X3. I will be very interested to see how much time is supposed to have passed between X2 and X3. It seems like things will be happening on a grand scale in X3, which to me should mean that quite a bit of time has passed.

I think Rogue is interesting, because she's not really Rogue. I think they morphed the role that Jubilee plays into Rogue's character, so that Wolverine could be a father figure to her. They really need to find a way to remove the lameness of her current state of power in the new film.

I can see how they added Beast and Angel to please fans of the comic book, but I really don't see how they will add to the film in a serious, positive way. (Except that Grammar's acting should be superb.)

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 06:37 AM #98 of 356
Originally Posted by speculative
I think Rogue is interesting, because she's not really Rogue. I think they morphed the role that Jubilee plays into Rogue's character, so that Wolverine could be a father figure to her.
Before Jubilee it was Shadowcat/Spirte/Kitty Pryde. They just recycled the same father/daughter relationship from better years.

Originally Posted by speculative
They really need to find a way to remove the lameness of her current state of power in the new film.
Hehehehehehehehehe

Spoiler:
Rogue takes the cure at the end of the movie

There's nowhere I can't reach.
VitaPup
X-Man

Member 4740

Level 14.81

Apr 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 10:03 AM #99 of 356
Lehah that isn't fair. I am so tempted to see what is in that spoiler. I can imagine what it might say though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 10:20 AM #100 of 356
Well, keep in mind of something. The original end of X2 was different - so who's to say anything of changes to X3?

Magneto kills Stryker by impaling/strangling him with chains and Jean just "dies". The part with Stryker "drowning" and the Pheonix thing was a very last moment change to the film - so late that they show Magneto kill Stryker in the comic book adaptation.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > X-Men 3