Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Tournament] The 2006-2007 NBA Season Discussion Thread

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 10:20 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 08:20 AM #51 of 358
Originally Posted by Ryuu
The ball looks like one of those plastic ones you win at like a carnival booth or something.

Horrible.
Yeah, it is some kind of plastic composite instead of leather or whatever it was originally. They want to get rid of the supposed "break-in" period you need with the original balls when they're new. The result: ugh.

And come on! Fantasy NBA! Sign up!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
teddyboy
First Filipino S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent

Member 13176

Level 1.86

Sep 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 11:33 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 12:33 AM #52 of 358
I just don't get the point; they could have focused on something else; why the ball?

How ya doing, buddy?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:04 AM #53 of 358
I'm surprised this wasn't talked about:

Originally Posted by Yahoo.com
Man arrested in strip club disturbance involving Pacers
By DEANNA MARTIN, Associated Press Writer
October 10, 2006

Indiana Pacers head coach Rick Carlisle, center, looks on during practice in Indianapolis, Friday, Oct. 6, 2006. Four Indiana Pacers players were involved in an altercation at Club Rio, an Indianapolis strip club, early Friday.
AP - Oct 6, 5:02 pm EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- A man was charged with criminal recklessness for a fight outside a strip club where police say Indiana Pacers guard Stephen Jackson fired a gun and was hit by a car.

Deon Willford was arrested Tuesday on felony counts of criminal recklessness and leaving the scene of a personal injury accident, and a misdemeanor count of driving without a license, police said.

The 23-year-old Willford drove the car that hit Jackson, said police spokesman Sgt. Matthew Mount. Other details of the fight could be released this week if police complete their investigation, he added.

Willford was being held at the Marion County Jail on $100,000 bond. Roger Rayl, a spokesman for the Marion County prosecutor's office, said no court appearances had been scheduled yet for Willford.

Police also questioned another Indianapolis man, who was later released. Police were still looking for a possible third person who had been with the other two men at the time.

Four Pacers were involved in the mayhem at Club Rio early Friday. Police said Jackson fired a gun in the air in apparent self-defense, was slugged in the mouth and struck by a car that sent him tumbling onto the hood.

Coach Rick Carlisle said Saturday that Jackson and teammates Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels and Jimmie Hunter committed an "error in judgment" by staying out late during training camp but he was relieved no one was seriously injured.

Police said they found a small amount of marijuana in the passenger-side door of point guard Tinsley's car. But no arrests were made because there were three others in Tinsley's car and police could not determine who had the marijuana, authorities said.

Jackson was expected at Pacers practice Tuesday for the first time since the fight.
More Pacer drama involving Stephen Jackson who, if I remember right, was suspended during that Pacer-Pistons brawl a while ago.

Anyways, seems like there's an lack of interest with the Fantasy Basketball - bah.

I was speaking idiomatically.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:18 AM Local time: Oct 31, 2006, 08:18 AM #54 of 358
Whooo! Game on like freaking Donkey kong!

Tha NBA season begins tonight, with the Heat/Bulls and Suns/Lakers. Get cised. Fantasy basketball lineups are set (too bad there's not enough interest in GFF for a league), and I'm looking forward to an awesome year. Keep an eye on Thabo Sefolosha and Rajon Rondo. Get pumped.

And more importantly, Ron Artest's rap album comes out today. Get it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
waka waka

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 03:20 PM #55 of 358
Yeah, I'm pretty psyched about the NBA season tipping off tonight. I'll definitely be tuning in.

I'm sure all basketball (and sports fan, for that matter) know about the passing of Red Auerbach. His funeral was today. Here is an article about it: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2644409

FELIPE NO
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:59 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2006, 09:59 PM #56 of 358
LOLOL. That Heat/Bulls game was the most boring thing on earth. And Thabo Sefolosha is on pace for 100% FG percentage for the season.

Halftime with the Laker/Suns game right now, and it's much more entertaining. I like how, in on quarter, Phoenix scored 2/3 of what the Heat scored in their entire game. =p

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
waka waka

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:25 AM #57 of 358
Heat/Bulls was really really boring. One-sided for the most the game, hell the Bulls had like 40 points on them. Like do the Heat not care since they all just go their rings?

It's only one game, sure, but that's some poor poor play.

Most amazing jew boots
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:41 PM #58 of 358
The Heat look like an old, aging team out there last night. They were outplayed at every facet of the game. Maybe there was a big letdown after the whole ring ceremony, I dunno, but they got served. Ben Wallace and crew made a huge opening night statement.

And did you see the size of those championship rings the Heat got? Damn, those things looked like friggen bracelets or something.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:26 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 10:26 AM #59 of 358
An awesome night of hot NBA action last night... just gotta put as much of my thoughts down.

ADAM MORRISON ~ The greatest NBA debut of all-time*.

Lollin' at Gerald Wallace already hurt. Sure it was via foul, but his head was bound to break sooner or later.

RON ARTEST is a fucking monster. 7 steals? Dayum. Double-double, but then 6-24 shooting...

The Knicks won. WTF? Also, Jama Crawford needs to stop shooting: 4 for 22?!? Also, picked up Q-Rich for many of my fantasy teams.

Carlos Boozer was a freaking monster: 24/19, 2 boards shy of his record. Barring any injury, he's set for a huge year. Deron Williams did hella well too. Big year for him too.

Kevin Martin, my pick for biggest surprise of the year.

Amare is back.

Things are looking good in Orlando. So the Magic crushed the Bulls who crushed the defending champions Heat. Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard are beasting out. Look out for Darko!

Paul Pierce. Ridiculous on top of ridiculous.

Thabo Sefolosha. So fun to say.

Bucks beat Pistons. That happens when Michael Redd out of THE Ohio State University lights it up. Also, Nazr Mohammed's pretty good, if he could keep himself out of foul trouble.

Kurt Thomas: Mr. Foul Trouble.

The Fail/Jail-blazers beat the Sonics. :/ Brandon Roy was beast. We got some competition for ROTY it seems.

Kidd's still got it with a triple double.

The new Kidd, Chris Paul, is beast, as expected. Peja still blows.

Bosh and his continuous plantar fasciatis. :/

Elton Brand is the best face-to-face shot blocker in the game, i.e. he'll block you if you're going 1-on-1 on him, unlike the other blockers who get it off a double team or OUT OF NOWHERE.

I think that's it for now. OPENING WEEK, yo.

* - by a moderately athletic, diabetic white guy from Wyoming.

waka waka

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:05 PM #60 of 358
You forgot that fact that Lamar Odom is straight up ridiculous.

56 points, including 4 3-pointers made. 22 rebounds and 15 assists, and can't forget the 3 steals. And that's just two games.

Sucks that his fantasy value will go down a bit once Kobe Bryant comes back...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 04:12 PM #61 of 358
Best dunk from opening week belongs to...

Most amazing jew boots
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 04:27 PM #62 of 358
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
Best dunk from opening week belongs to...

Tim Duncan, you just got SERVED, son!

Nice shot, Timberwolf.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:07 PM #63 of 358
I didn't think Lebron was going to make it, but he just kept rising and extending. The impact knocked Duncan down backwards.

I'm sure everyone watched the highlights several times

FELIPE NO
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:18 PM #64 of 358
I'm sure everyone watched the highlights several times
I know I did! I expect to see this on a poster in the not-so-distant future. Dude got baphtized.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 05:35 PM #65 of 358
Read up on some NBA news and articles today ... this one is funny:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...117199,00.html

Quote:
Mark Cuban: "Now I have new aspirations beyond winning the title in the NBA, and that’s to fit in and be like everybody else. They’re smarter, they’re better, they’re prettier, in better shape, they have nicer teeth."

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 01:13 AM #66 of 358
Awesome shot Timberwolf. That was definitely on the highlight reel for a while.

McGrady had a good first game, but had a bad second game and Yao had to pull through with 36 points.

I was actually wrong with Kobe's comeback - Lamar still showed himself to be one of the main focuses on the offense.

There have been some great games, and I have to admit that I'm pretty excited about the season.

Last edited by Ryuu; Nov 5, 2006 at 12:18 PM.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:51 AM #67 of 358
This season has been great so far. I think it's going to get even better as we move forward.

Speaking of LeBron, I have to say that I'm feelin' these "The LeBrons" commercials. I really like 'em. Business LeBron is off the chain.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:54 AM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 09:54 AM #68 of 358
Originally Posted by bishop743
This season has been great so far. I think it's going to get even better as we move forward.

Speaking of LeBron, I have to say that I'm feelin' these "The LeBrons" commercials. I really like 'em. Business LeBron is off the chain.
Haha. Speaking of LeBron, Slam Dunk Contest this year perhaps... eh? EH?!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
waka waka

Goubot
Chocobo

Member 4134

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:57 AM #69 of 358
So Yao's godmode button isn't broken. He just murdered the Mavs yesterday.

I really hope McGrady's shot picks up, though. Both Yao and TMac need to be up an effective for the Rockets to contend. I'm not banking on it or anything, but they're my favorite team in the West.

I was speaking idiomatically.
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 12:53 PM #70 of 358
Originally Posted by nazpyro
Haha. Speaking of LeBron, Slam Dunk Contest this year perhaps... eh? EH?!
I'm holding out hope that he, and some of these other guys will take part in it this year. But, I'm fearful that, the days of big superstars competing in these things are long gone. Nobody wants to get embarrased or mess up it seems. I hardly watch the dunk contest now. Although, I did laugh my ass off when that one guy needed like 345353265 attempts to finally throw one down last year.

The Rockets can make a lot of noise in the West but McGrady and Yao need to stay healthy. Last year, they only played in like 25, 30 games together. That's not gonna get it done. And with offseason acquisitions like Shane Battier and Bonzi Wells, they have people are them that can pay huge dividends.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 04:08 PM #71 of 358
I, too, am enjoying the season immensely. The field this year seems wide open, as neither Dallas or Mami seem to be a lock as conference champions. Dallas is winless (0-2) as of right now, and Miami got their rear ends spanked on opening night by a dangersous Chicago Bulls team.

As far as the Dunk Contest goes, I don't think we'll be seeing Lebron any time soon. A player of his stature nowadays doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with competing in such an event, which -- if he doesn't win -- can only hurt his image and standing in the public eye. I'm sure as far as Lebron's concerned, he's got nothing to gain and everything to lose in a Dunk Contest.

It's too bad, since it would be such a great thing for the fans. I would be so happy and amped to watch a Dunk Contest between the likes of Lebron, Vince, Kobe, T-Mac, and Dwyane. But it would be even more exciting if they threw in other lesser-known players-but-nontheless-great-dunkers, like Gerald Wallace, Desmond Mason, Andre Iguodala, Josh Smith, and Jason Richardson. And then make the prize money $1 million dollars.

That would make the Dunk Contest intensely competitive.

FELIPE NO
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 05:42 PM #72 of 358
IAnd then make the prize money $1 million dollars.
What does the winner of the Dunk Contest get now, besides a trophy? I know they get some sort of cash prize, but it's probably an amount that most ballers wipe their ass with. Some guys may have incentives in their contract if they win stuff like that too.

But yeah, 1 million bones would probably get more guys interested.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 05:54 PM #73 of 358
Originally Posted by bishop743
What does the winner of the Dunk Contest get now, besides a trophy? I know they get some sort of cash prize, but it's probably an amount that most ballers wipe their ass with. Some guys may have incentives in their contract if they win stuff like that too.

But yeah, 1 million bones would probably get more guys interested.
Last year's winner (Nate Robinson) received $35,000. Second place contestant (Iggy) took home $22,500. Third place and fourth place contestants each received $16,125.

That's a lot of money for us regular people. But for NBA players, it's ... well, I think you said it best

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 07:32 PM #74 of 358
Awww crap. I don't like this recent injury on Brad Miller. This would hurt many of my fantasy teams, though he's been hurting them lately anyway even while on the court. WTF.

Anyway, such a slam dunk competition would be legendary. Nuf said.

Opening week's been a blast. Clearly, this cannot be any indication to what will happen by the end of the season... I mean, we got the Hawks, the Sixers, the Knicks, and the Bobcats are off to good starts (though the Bobcats are indeed, a vastly improving team). The Heat's been awful. Utah and New Orleans are emerging as West Coast powers. KG and AI are working their asses off this year. It's all great to see.

waka waka

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:09 PM #75 of 358
Just finished watching the Rockets-Hornets game. Chris Paul dished out 16 assists, tying his career high.

And there's something about Tracy McGrady that seems off. Three games into the season, his jumper appears broken -- even though he still elevates very well on them. Through three games, he's struggling with his shot -- shooting just 34.0% from the field, 12.5% from beyond the arc, and 57.1% from the foul line. He seems not as sure of himself as in years past, passing up open shots to teammates.

It's still early, but the Rockets need him snap out of the funk to stay competitive.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Tournament] The 2006-2007 NBA Season Discussion Thread