Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Blood+ Discussion

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 06:49 PM #1 of 71
Blood+ Discussion

Plot Summary
Quote:
Throughout the passage of time and the shifts in backgrounds, a particular war continues to leave its mark on history, extending its influence into the modern world. There are two major groups involved in the ensuring war. The first group consists of monsters known as Chiropterans who can change their appearances into that of human beings. They are actually immortals who feed on the blood of the living. The second group is an organisation known as the "Red Shield", formed to track down these monsters and exterminate them. Otonashi Saya is a high-school girl who lives a peaceful life with her family. The only problem is, she has no recollections of her life beyond that of the past year. However, her happy life will be destroyed by an event that will lead her to her destined fate.
This series is a sequel to the OAV "Blood: The Last Vampire" which was based on a manga by Mamoru Oshii and Benkyo Tamaoki (who did the story and artwork for the manga Blood: The Last Vampire 2002). It's rumored that Blood+ may be direct sequel to this manga (in fact, I think this was confirmed).

And for no reason at all, from the second OP:

The anime starts off slowly and actually doesn't build up a steady flow until around episode 12. For it's emphasis on character and plot development, Blood+ is one the more ridiculed anime for being "boring." I suppose it helped that I was a fan of the OAV and manga, since I've even gone so far as to download RAWs of the series. I'm an action nut and I must say that anime without shit blowing up is a major turn-off for me. Fortunately, Blood+ has some decent fight scenes that get better and evolve (slowly, unfortunately).

The anime's fairly dark, with gore (although not on level with Elfen Lied) and characters getting the axe. There are few moments of humor, but they're so often kept in the realm of "realism" that it feels more natural than the stuff you'd see in most other series'. If you're going to check this series out, I again give warning that it's a slow show ... but it's worth it.

The anime is scheduled for around 52 episodes.

Fansubbers
Shinsen-Subs
Bakakozou Subs

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Cirno; Mar 5, 2006 at 09:53 PM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:21 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 08:21 PM #2 of 71
I've been steadily following this series and it's alright. Saya is a pretty enjoyable character that doesn't have many annoying quirks, but sometimes I find her a bit too much on the "nice" side. Perhaps when she finally "wakes up" to her full potential as how she was in the Vietnam War, then she'll go nuts.

Also, with the last episode, 19, I believe:
Spoiler:
I'm curious as to how she's going to get her sword fixed, as that brings a pretty big blow to her offence, and Hagi doesn't look in a great state either. Tune in next time!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

- What we all do best -
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:25 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:25 PM #3 of 71
I watched the raw of episode 21 earlier this morning. Very, VERY good episode action-wise.

Episode 21
Spoiler:
Hagi finally makes up for getting the taste knocked out of his mouth in recent episodes. He takes on a bunch of those cloaked "Schiff" guys pretty well, making use of speed we've only seen glimpses of before. It was a nice change of pace, even if he gets his ass beaten in the end.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:28 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:28 PM #4 of 71
very good series i've been on it since day one

i loved it soo much im considering picking up all the blood manga soon ~nods~

rofl at gif
you just had to make a gif the most retarded part of the 2nd op didn't you Emmanuel Lewis

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:22 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:22 PM #5 of 71
I have to admit, I stopped watching the show after the first few episodes, since it wasn't nearly as good as I expected it to be, until a friend showed me fragments from episode 12 I believe, the one with the little kids turning into bloodthristy monsters. It was pretty shocking, but it got me interested enough to watch it again. It's still only an above average show, with flat characters and rather boring fights, but the blood, the music and the overall story make it worth the time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:19 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:19 AM #6 of 71
I have a few eps of this that I haven't gotten around to watching, but I'm rather curious. Originally I was mostly interested in this because the BGM is of such high quality, and a little because the OVA pissed me off by its complete lack of real story.

Also, the man with the cello...intrigues me. Anybody in anime/manga that plays a string instrument intrigues me, even if it's not the focus of the series.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:24 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:24 PM #7 of 71
Originally Posted by Arkhangelsk
Also, the man with the cello...intrigues me. Anybody in anime/manga that plays a string instrument intrigues me, even if it's not the focus of the series.
Hagi is his name. He plays an enormous role in the story and is deeply involved with Saya's history. They recently revealed most of it in episode 22. Although it was a RAW and I didn't understand a word of what they were saying, the visuals provide an interesting look into who Hagi was and his behavior.

Most amazing jew boots
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:29 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 08:29 PM #8 of 71
I watched episode 20 recently, released by Bakakozou subs. It was a decent episode with Karl Solomon (that his name right? The one that danced with Saya back at the girls' academy) showing some skills. I TELL YOU! HE'S DANGEROUS.

This is a much slower paced anime than most I've seen so far. It doesn't really feel that Red Shield has done much, lately. Perhaps they're uncovering clues here and there, but so far I haven't experienced any real "tension" in the series so far, save for a few encounters with the Chevalier.

ALSO: That "gay" Chevalier freaks me out. Getting it up with the military men.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Diva's all about.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Mar 12, 2006 at 10:37 PM.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:35 PM #9 of 71
His name is Solomon. Karl is the long-haired one with dual personalities, also known as ...

Spoiler:
The Phantom. Solomon danced with Saya at the girls' school briefly.

It was nice to see him kick ass, and I really can't wait to see what all they're capable of later. If the Chevaliers and Schiff are this strong and fast, I can't wait to see Saya actually awaken to her full potential.

As for Red Shield...

Spoiler:
They've just been trying to track down Diva, which has led to a few solo episodes, the latest of which featured Kai helping David and the other guy track down a scientist in Russia. In episode 20, Kai seemingly seals the deal and joins Red Shield officially.

Where this will lead the "siblings" Kai and Saya, I don't know.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Cirno; Mar 21, 2006 at 02:50 AM.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 02:49 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 11:49 PM #10 of 71
Episode 23 RAW
Spoiler:
Very interesting stuff, and I can't wait to see it fansubbed. Diva is finally revealed sucking Riku's blood, who is lured in by her song. Saya walks in just in time...

Best cliffhanger of the series so far.

Spoiler:
Diva's blue eyes are fucking awesome.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 04:47 PM #11 of 71
SAYA! FIGHT!

Source: Tokyo Anime Fair 2006

www.dannychoo.com

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Mar 25, 2006 at 06:51 PM.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:51 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 03:51 PM #12 of 71
For some reason the sword doesn't look like it'd fit in the scabbard.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:01 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 05:01 PM #13 of 71
You are correct. But then the way Saya treats her sword isn't exactly friendly either. Did her sword get fixed yet? Perhaps this is why in episode 21:
Spoiler:
she pretty much hid and ran away

- What we all do best -
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:28 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 04:28 PM #14 of 71
Spoiler:
No, not yet. She's still defenseless. Hagi's been doing all the fighting for her lately.

The end of episode 23 has me excited though. She has no weapon but...

Spoiler:
There's Diva drinking Saya's bro dry, and I can't imagine Saya being happy about that. I hope we see a berserker again.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 12:36 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 10:36 AM #15 of 71
Wow, finally got up to episode 24 and I must say things are developing quite well. It was also nice to see in episode 22, I think, the long history of Hagi and Saya.
Hagi/Saya/Riku:
I always thought Hagi and Saya first met at the shopping center where he was playing his cello, and I thought that'd be a weird way to start a relationship where Hagi would protect Saya with his life. But seeing as they have quite a long history and friendship, it puts a more human face to Hagi. Also, he gets a HOT KISS from Saya to save his life. Yum! Also Riku gets one too.

Oooh Episode 25.

Saya's new "friend":

I gotta say, I like that new katana, A LOT. It even glows! OOOooooo

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -

Last edited by Spatula; Apr 28, 2006 at 12:15 PM.
Hokiki
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6544

Level 1.00

May 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 01:24 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 10:24 AM #16 of 71
umm hey there

i was just wondering if anyone knows what the name of the song Hagi plays with his cello. i'd appreciate any name, been searching for a while now and had no success. :doh:

thanks.

(sorry if i posted in the wrong section..)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Hokiki; May 10, 2006 at 01:32 PM.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 10:19 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 08:19 PM #17 of 71
I checked out the new 3rd season OP theme opening and absolutely love it! I'm not too much of a fan of the animation sequence though, although it is very pretty to look at.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

- What we all do best -
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 09:47 AM #18 of 71
BLOOD+ is one awesome show. I started watching around Christmas time, and I have to say that it's totally worth my time. The story is deep, there are believable characters, good music, and great action, you can't really ask for more!

Episode 26:
Spoiler:
They mention that chevaliers needs a lot of human blood to sustain themselves (whether for regeneration purposes or for every day life), so I was wondering as to where Haji has been getting his dosages. They could get it with Julia when they're with the Red Shield, but where was Haji getting his fill when they were separate from them in France? I'm not sure if they can drink dead people's blood either (I'm referring to The Interview with the Vampire movie). Does anyone know?

Episode 27: I can say that I've finally gained some respect for Kai, growing from what little there were (if any).

Episode 28:
Spoiler:
Was Haji foreshadowing his own death given his claim that he can't stay with Saya forever whilst talking to Riku?

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 12:42 PM Local time: May 20, 2006, 09:42 AM #19 of 71
Well, episode 32 RAW was released. ...Pretty fucking shocking.

Spoiler:
Diva rapes and kills Riku. Everybody gets fucking owned, Haji, Karl, and Big Shield respectively.

I love me some Diva, but damn that was just wrong. Shinsen is catching up with the raws. The last episode they did was #30, so 31 and 32 shouldn't be too far behind. They released four episodes one week two weeks ago, I think.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Cirno; May 20, 2006 at 05:25 PM.
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 11:53 AM #20 of 71
Spoiler:
I was rather surprised with how easy it was to pin Haji down as he's usually pretty resilient.

I'm curious as to when will we see Diva's back story as it'd be nice to see how she got her hands on five chevaliers.

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 07:14 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 02:14 PM #21 of 71
Shinsen has released up until 32 today, and I have to agree with Kurada that it was pretty shocking. Even though Diva is one of the coolest characters on the show, she went a little overboard there. From the preview it looks like it'll be some sort of new beginning, I'm curious to see what happened after the events on the ship, and how the show will move on now.

Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 01:19 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 01:19 PM #22 of 71
What a great series. The big surprise in episode 32 was great. Episode 33 takes place a whole year later. Can't wait to see what is in store for the characters.

Casaubon
Shocking

Member 539

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 07:23 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 05:23 AM #23 of 71
Just a quick question, do you have to watch the OVA before the series? This looks pretty good and since most of you guys like it, it probably is.

FELIPE NO
kouri
*sighhh*

Member 2025

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 08:05 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 11:05 PM #24 of 71
are you talking about the movie?

no i dont think you have to.

How ya doing, buddy?
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:01 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 10:01 AM #25 of 71
Originally Posted by Casaubon
Just a quick question, do you have to watch the OVA before the series? This looks pretty good and since most of you guys like it, it probably is.
No, you don't need to have seen the movie to understand what is going on. Everything is explained in detail throughout the episodes. The movie is quite different from the series as well.

It's been awhile since the last subs were released. Hope they get them out soon. I really want to see what the characters have become and look like a whole year later.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Blood+ Discussion