Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Heroes
Closed Thread

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 04:32 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 01:32 AM #251 of 826
Originally Posted by Grail
It's entirely possible, actually.

Remember, as far as everyone surrounding Issac, Claire, Peter and Hiro is concerned they believe they have 'saved' the cheerleader.

What isn't explained, however, is the fact that all of Issac's paintings have come true, nothing has changed. So I believe that everything in future!Hiro's world, happened so far the same in the present, and they have misinterpretted everything.
1x10 spoilers:
Wrong! The picture of Claire in the stadium, alone, was different. They had the exact shot that was in the painting, but Peter was also in it. I'm not sure how this fits in, given that he also painted a picture of Peter dying, and why would Peter be there?

1x10 spoilers more:
Hiro can't change the past *now*, but perhaps in the future, he'll be able to. Remember, he said "I'm risking a rift just by coming here." I think the blood clot in Claire's brain thing is something that happened because of Hiro -- he was able to save her from Sylar, but then it just turns out she has a blood clot. He gets the blood clot detected early somehow, something else goes wrong. She's supposed to die. Or at least, he hasn't found a way to use more of his power (I'M ONLY USING 1% OF MY TRUE POWER) to actually *change* the past.

Most amazing jew boots
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 04:42 AM #252 of 826
The problem with Hiro and Charlie reminds me of the film "The Time Machine".

Alexander Hartdegen figures out how to travel through time, and attempts to save his girlfriend from a fatal robbery in the park. Unfortunately, no matter how many times he goes back and alters the course of events that lead to Emma's demise, something else equally tragic happens. If she's not shot by the mugger, then she's run over by a runaway steam-cart.

So now matter what measures are taken, the lifelines of some people may well be finite, even across multiple versions of reality. The circumstances surrounding the death may change, but the outcomes might just be immutable.

This does seem to contradict an eariler use of Hiro's power to prevent the bus from running over the girl with the yellow ribbon in her hair, though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:34 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 02:34 AM #253 of 826
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
The problem with Hiro and Charlie reminds me of the film "The Time Machine".

Alexander Hartdegen figures out how to travel through time, and attempts to save his girlfriend from a fatal robbery in the park. Unfortunately, no matter how many times he goes back and alters the course of events that lead to Emma's demise, something else equally tragic happens. If she's not shot by the mugger, then she's run over by a runaway steam-cart.

So now matter what measures are taken, the lifelines of some people may well be finite, even across multiple versions of reality. The circumstances surrounding the death may change, but the outcomes might just be immutable.

This does seem to contradict an eariler use of Hiro's power to prevent the bus from running over the girl with the yellow ribbon in her hair, though.
He wasn't travelling backwards to save her though -- he froze time. We know his time travelling abilities are a bit shakey. Perhaps it takes extra oomph to use "Edit Mode".

Also, The Time Machine was a terrible movie adaptaion of the classic H.G. Welles book

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 08:59 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 08:59 AM #254 of 826
Originally Posted by ramoth
1x10 spoilers:
Wrong! The picture of Claire in the stadium, alone, was different. They had the exact shot that was in the painting, but Peter was also in it. I'm not sure how this fits in, given that he also painted a picture of Peter dying, and why would Peter be there?
Spoiler:
Wrong! The picture of Claire alone in the stadium was still coming true. Remember, Peter told Claire to run, and he stood there looking at Sylar for a few moments, long enough to get locker doors thrown at him.

That shadow in the painting when she fell on the steps, that was Peter's shadow coming out the door I'll bet. I'll have to review the episode though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 07:55 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 12:55 AM #255 of 826
I have some questions and theories

Spoiler:
Nobody has really talked about the Haitian man, when Mr Bennet caught Edan she couldn't use her powers. (However how come Nathan was able to fly escape the Haitian and Mr Bennet, his powers weren't blocked).

But it was Edan that stop Slyar (or was it the Haitan that blocking him using his powers, and Edan controlling his thoughts)?

I starting to think that this Haitian maybe able to truely absorb people powers, he held sylars head as he took him to the ground, as if to be sucking something out, powers/memories?? Whoever he is he seems the most important element to Mr Bennet efforts.

Regarding Hiro, remember he telephoned himself, after that he couldn't use his powers. Now that two Hiro's exist I'm thinking that Hiro will have to kill himself. What if Hiro travels to parallel dimensions, it could explain why he looked so different when he appeared on the tube train with Peter. Has anyone seen Jet Li's 'The One'.

Hey now we know why Sylar cuts the heads off with such care. Will Sylar get Claires tumour???? Or since Hiro saved Claire from Sylar, Sylar won't have gained her powers.
I don't think Sylar consumes their brains, remember when the Edan and the guy broke into Sylars house, all those jars in the cupboard that blocked the hidden room, must of had brains in them. Sylar simple disects them, and examins them. He is then able to figure it all out in his head, thus learning how to use that power himself.

Whats everyones favourite power, we still haven't seen a super strong person yet. Mine would have to Sylars.

FELIPE NO

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:15 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 09:15 PM #256 of 826
Originally Posted by The Furious One
Spoiler:
Regarding Hiro, remember he telephoned himself, after that he couldn't use his powers. Now that two Hiro's exist I'm thinking that Hiro will have to kill himself.
Spoiler:
Uh... Two Hiros? No, that's not it. Hiro merely talked to himself from six months ago. Right before he kissed Charlie, Hiro automatically teleported himself back to the present day, albeit in Japan instead of Texas.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:27 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 11:27 PM #257 of 826
Isaac's paintings.

Most of them came true. There was also a brief shot of a painting he did of a car exploding, which was Ted (the guy with radiation hands escaping from FBI captivity.)
Isaac did the Homecoming paintings in one night. Most of them came true. 2 stood out because it's vague or never came true.

1. First one is the one with Claire running away from Sylar's shadow. That is Sylar's shadow not Peter's because of the way the arms are trying to reach Claire in a creepy way.

In the actual event, Peter was actually there too. I think the writers just wanted that painting to serve as an indication that Sylar is after Claire, with the cartoony shadow to convey it. And also not to give away any information that Peter was able to help her. Also in the actual event, it probably won't be believable if the cartoony shadow was still there. The painting is totally accurate, but it served its purpose.

Also, in that vision that Isaac saw for this event, the shot of Claire running is a little different from the actual event too. Looks like they made her redo the shot for the later episode to include Peter.

2. The painting that never came true, was Hiro and Ando under the Homecoming banner. The only way they can save themselves with this is if they make those 2 go to the aftermath scene, which probably won't happen.

Mr. Bennet

Six months ago, he told Eden to get Claire of Chandra Suresh's list. Looks like she failed since Sylar was able to find Claire.

Sylar

So how does he "steal" people's power? They make him a fixer of watches.. and of brains too, but don't show how.
Does he examine the other Hero and then does brain surgery on himself? If so, I didn't see any bandages or scars when he went back to Suresh the next day with telekinetic powers.
Maybe after he got the telekinetic powers, he can alter his brain by just thinking about it, but how'd he do it in the first place?
Maybe they just need a shot of him munching on some brains. That'll end the questions.

Why did he need Claire in the first place? He was able to live from the shots of Matt's gun. Looks like he didn't need Claire's regen powers if he was moving just fine afterwards. Unless he wants to kill everyone until only he is left.

Anyone notice this? But the first time we see Sylar, the actor looks totally different from who he is played by now. Before it was a middle-age white guy with a scruffy beard. Now it's a younger, bastard child of Brandon Routh and Lou Ferrigno.

Most amazing jew boots
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:47 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 09:47 AM #258 of 826
Yeh maybe Hiro did teleport that way, but I like the parallel dimension thing watch Jet Li's 'The One' if you havent.

Those very definately large jars in Sylars cupboard though, all merky just like a pickle jar. ewwww

No ideas on the true nature of the Haitians powers anyone?!?!

Yeh I did notice a difference in Sylar apparence too, did look completely different. You know what, he said his father was a clock maker, maybe it is his father, he could have shape shifting abilities. It would explain also how he hid in the shadows in the locker room.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by The Furious One; Nov 30, 2006 at 04:51 AM.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 05:56 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 05:56 AM #259 of 826
everyone knows Sylar's ultimate power is to make a semi-shadow around his form so that he looks mysterious and threatening to anyone that looks at him.

"Hey, need some coff--Holy shit!!! MYSTERIOUS AURA"

How ya doing, buddy?
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:01 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 04:01 AM #260 of 826
Actually he looked just about the same, to me at least. It's amazing what dressing in all black will do for you.

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 09:06 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 08:06 AM #261 of 826
I have a feeling it was someone messing things up before, but imdb earlier in the season had Sean Bean listed as the actor playing Sylar. It was feasible because he'd be an awesome fit for the role, but I also can't see him playing a role in a tv show like that. And I mostly want to smack The Furious One, because I can't understand half of what he says, and what I do understand mostly doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
(However how come Nathan was able to fly escape the Haitian and Mr Bennet, his powers weren't blocked).
IF the Haitian's powers were some sort of blocking thing, a very reasonable explanation is that he wasn't using his powers at the time. Considering every time Claire's dad has him to anything he's messing around in people's minds destroying memories, though, I doubt his power is that simple. It seems like acute mind control of some sort, not Super Buffer Man.
Quote:
But it was Edan that stop Slyar (or was it the Haitan that blocking him using his powers, and Edan controlling his thoughts)?
You have it backwards, in my estimation. I could be wrong (I'm not.), but it looks like (definitely) Eden has the power of persuasion.
Quote:
Whoever he is he seems the most important element to Mr Bennet efforts.
You mostly need eyes to figure this one out.

Quote:
Hey now we know why Sylar cuts the heads off with such care. Will Sylar get Claires tumour???? Or since Hiro saved Claire from Sylar, Sylar won't have gained her powers.
When last I checked, tumors weren't contagious, plus he knows how to fix things. I have a sneaking suspicion that he's not stupid enough to give himself a tumor.
Quote:
Why did he need Claire in the first place? He was able to live from the shots of Matt's gun. Looks like he didn't need Claire's regen powers if he was moving just fine afterwards. Unless he wants to kill everyone until only he is left.
This is a very good point that throws Sylar's motivations up in the air again. Unless he doesn't know the true nature of the powers at first - it sounds like he hears that someone has something special about them, then steals what they've got. We don't even know for sure (though it seems unlikely there's any other explanation) that Sylar specifically sought out Claire - he could have just seen the story of a girl being a local hero and put two and two together (2+2 doesn't equal Jackie, though). It is also of note that Sylar went after Jackie, since if he were to specifically seek Claire out, it would be off of Saresh's (Suresh? can't remember) information, which wasn't wrong before. That implies that if he haphazardly showed up there, Eden did in fact succeed in getting Claire's name off the list.

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:34 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 10:34 AM #262 of 826
Originally Posted by Drex
It is also of note that Sylar went after Jackie, since if he were to specifically seek Claire out, it would be off of Saresh's (Suresh? can't remember) information, which wasn't wrong before. That implies that if he haphazardly showed up there, Eden did in fact succeed in getting Claire's name off the list.
I don't really remember anyone mentioning any names about the person who saved the firefighter, it was all "a local girl" if I'm correct, but I'm not sure.

Or another thing, which is probably untrue but oddly ties in, her dad could have had Jackie's name put on the list instead. Of course, he knew nothing about Sylar at the time, but maybe he just needed some other scapegoat, I'm not sure.

Though, what I don't understand is if he didn't want Saresh in on what he already knew (about the powers) why didn't he just have Eden wipe her complete memory?

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:39 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 09:39 AM #263 of 826
First off, I think Sylar got his info from the trophy case/hero display in the hallway. He's seen peering into it shortly before he goes after them. Don't need to say the name if it's on the newspaper in the glass case.

I don't think Eden wipes memories - that's Haitian's place. Besides which, sending Eden to get Claire's name off the list might consist of something like that - we haven't seen what happens there yet (if we will at all, I don't think it's pertinent to the plot). Simply wiping a memory clean wouldn't preclude him from seeing it later and re-contacting all over again. And what do you mean by not wanting Saresh in on what he already knew? I don't think Saresh stumbled in on anything Claire's dad didn't want him to see/know, other than the fact that his daughter was one of them.

FELIPE NO
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:12 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 04:12 PM #264 of 826
No speake de english

I'd smack me too, but I'd hit you back. lol should of reread that before hitting the post button.

Yes Edan has power off persuasion, I agree the hiatian must be able to block people powers, and erase memories (like he was told to do with the college kid, but the suggestion was made he could create memories too).
So this could be the end of Sylar then, Peter's short contact with him may of transferred some of that badness into him. I take it everyone noticed that Peter fixed his broken foot way after Claire had left.

Regarding Mr Bennett and the Hiatian, I should of said he was his most important tool. Im hoping more of Mr Bennett's background we be revealed next episode.

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:32 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 10:32 AM #265 of 826
You're forgiven.

You'll also noticed that Peter drew himself walking off the ledge on top of the building well after he'd broken contact with Isaac earlier in the series. This leads me to believe that he keeps control of borrowed powers for a short period of time after breaking contact with someone. And I don't think he picks up any of the personality traits of those he comes in contact with, or else he would have been more reprehensible whenever in contact with Nathan. No, the most intriguing aspect of Peter for me at this point is the fact that he saw what happened to Nathan and his wife in the car while it happened, and that was either without the aid of an outside Hero (if that's what we want to call them) and therefore under his own power, or there was yet another Hero nearby with that power that we haven't been introduced to yet.

I also don't think they can end Sylar simply because they'd be hard-pressed to come up with a better enemy, unless Claire's dad ends up being one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 03:21 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 08:21 PM #266 of 826
Sylar cant tell that he is broken though can he.
I think because Peter is the loving one, he has deeper rooted emotions a stronger connection with his brother (as someone mentioned earlier) may of given him that ability, he was able to predict it, he just say it through his brothers eyes pretty much. He didnt know his father died, beacuse he hated him.

How ya doing, buddy?

Lene
Shameless Fangirl

Member 364

Level 4.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 05:02 PM #267 of 826
Click to see a Preview of next weeks Episode
For Epsiode 11:
Nathan/Peter are cool (as usual imo) but my favorite scene is the one between Mr.Bennet and Sylar. Both are creepy and I like the way they're both trying to get the upperhand. It's amusing...in a creepy way.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Lene; Nov 30, 2006 at 05:08 PM.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 04:36 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 04:36 AM #268 of 826
That preview just made me want to see this next episode ten fold.

Everything is really starting to come together at this point, every hero has either met up with the others, or is about to in this episode, save Nikki, D.L. and Micha.

It should be interesting to see how the cliffhanger of this episode is going to be, because all mid season finale's have a cliffhanger of course. I personally am hoping Nathan turns around here soon because while the whole "I know I have powers, but I'm denying it to the fullest extent" is a alright character trait, it is becoming tedious I think.

Last edited by Grail; Dec 1, 2006 at 05:18 AM.
Wai
Syklis Green

Member 3321

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 06:04 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 01:04 PM #269 of 826
To the Niki/Jessica part. Someone mentioned that Niki can channel Jessica's soul or something. But about her superhuman strenght? Has Niki two kind of powers?
Cant it be that its Jessica who can transfer to another body when the current "container" dies? Thats Jessica's power. And about the superhuman strenght, that can rip apart human bodies, I believe its Niki's power.
It could be a possibility since, most of the heroes have only one kind of power ,not two. Not counting Sylar as he "steals" others' powers

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 02:13 AM Local time: Dec 4, 2006, 02:13 AM #270 of 826
Originally Posted by Wai
To the Niki/Jessica part. Someone mentioned that Niki can channel Jessica's soul or something. But about her superhuman strenght? Has Niki two kind of powers?
Cant it be that its Jessica who can transfer to another body when the current "container" dies? Thats Jessica's power. And about the superhuman strenght, that can rip apart human bodies, I believe its Niki's power.
It could be a possibility since, most of the heroes have only one kind of power ,not two. Not counting Sylar as he "steals" others' powers

That's a possible theory, but I'm pretty sure by now if Nikki had supernatural strength on her own, she would have discovered it accidently, like hauling those bodies around to dig would have been less stressful, or something to that extent.

I'm not sure who is channeling who here, but it is common lore that spirits tend to be a lot stronger than their human counterparts, possessing a person wise so maybe the super strength comes from the fact Nikki keeps being possessed by a ghost, but I don't know.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 03:44 AM #271 of 826
I went back and watched the "Six Months Ago" episode again.

I'm still puzzling over how Sylar's powers actually work, in the sense that he was able to assimilate the abilities of others. It seems that he can sense when things are broken, then perhaps choose the best means to fix them. At its root, this is basically an innate understanding of how things function (Think of the X-Men's "Forge").

My thought is that he's somehow able to examine the brains of the "gifted", perceive what genetic code granted that particular power, then somehow alter his own DNA to match. Whether he can do this cleanly or if he needs to ingest/absorb part of the victim's brain remains to be determined.

(And it's a very subtle thing the writers did with Sylar's backstory. Like a pocketwatch, he was able to somehow "see into" the telekinetic's brain and determine what made him...well, "tick". A rather sublime connection between Sylar's everyday life and his special ability.)

However, this got me thinking about something. Sylar's not the only one like this. Although he shows it in a different manner, Micah also seemingly possesses the ability to innately understand the inner workings of many objects. Right now, he's focusing upon electronics, which isn't such a far cry from watch components, really.
But what if Micah's ability to "fix" things is a lot more like Sylar's abilities than we're being led to understand right now? Is it so hard to believe that Micah, for all his prodigal intellect, couldn't examine a brain and determine what made its owner special?

I'm just grasping at straws, really. But it's still conceivable at this point. That's what I like about this show: it makes you think a little, without being fed a hundred thousand red herrings like "Lost".

FELIPE NO
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:50 AM Local time: Dec 4, 2006, 09:50 AM #272 of 826
Originally Posted by Merv Flakes
That's what I like about this show: it makes you think a little, without being fed a hundred thousand red herrings like "Lost".
Amen to that. I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode, but it's a mixed excitement for solving a bunch of things that've been plaguing us, and stirring up new concepts and leaving us hanging for a month or so. There's something invigorating about having to talk through the possibilities before they show us part of what's actually going on.

Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 01:22 PM #273 of 826
today is the finale until next year right?
I can't wait to see how it ends, from the preview they mentioned someone is going to die so my mind is on that.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:07 PM #274 of 826
All I have to say is
Spoiler:
lol Hiro vs T-Rex

And that can't be the last episode of the season, it can't end like that... Right?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:07 PM #275 of 826
what a twist at the end
Spoiler:
I thought the guy with the radiation problem was the one to blow up the city but peter?
Does he suffer from an overload of abilities? I can't wait for the 22nd

What confuses me is the guy thats able to erase memory's. I thought that he could only and manipulate memories. Sylar mention that the brain is where the dormant part of the ability resides so I'm guessing the guy can probably close off that part of the brain whenever he's around and blocks their powers which explains why Syler was able to break through the glass while he was away to erase claires memory.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Heroes