Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Fate/Stay Night - TV Series

p997tt
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 8373

Level 1.21

Jun 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:14 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 12:14 AM #51 of 54
Sorry to bring this topic up again. I just finished playing the game not long ago so I'd like to have a few words on it.

I watched the anime first without knowing anything about the world of FSN and not having a high expectation for the story. After finished watching episode 24, I was completely hooked and couldn't stop myself from importing both FSN and FHA. Also bought myself a Saber figure.

Now that I'm done with the FSN game, I've to say, screw the anime. The anime just can't compare to the game.

First of all, there is much, much, much more to the world of FSN than what the anime has shown. FSN anime is just the story of Saber. The true FSN is much more complicated that that. I'm sure some of you guys have already read about the rest of FSN from other fansites. But getting to know the truth of Archer, Sakura, relationship between the families...etc as the plot unfolds in the game is much more enjoyable than reading a few paragraphs on the internet. Also watching the way Shirou grows into a real man at that end of Heaves Feel is another plus. I'm sure not many people liked Shirou in Fate. But he defintely gives us a much better impression at the end of Heavens Feel.

I must say FSN has one of the best stories I've ever come across. But to truely appreciate the greatness of FSN, one must play all 3 routes in the game in the right order. The anime did a very good job at reproducing the first route (Fate) in the game. The way it mixes a bit of UBW into story at beginning was not bad either. However the Heaves Feel part of the anime was IMO a total failure. The end of Heaves Feel in the game brought tears to my heart. Whereas the anime was an absolute poo.

The English translation for the game will probably take very long since the amount of pages needed to be translated is somewhere around 2 telephone books. But once the translation finishes, I highly recommend playing the game. I'm hoping that no one would think that the anime is what FSN is supposed to be. Even Kinoko has stated that the theme for the anime is "a boy meets a girl". While the truth of FSN is far from that.

Now I can hardly wait for the PS2 version to release.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 12:26 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2006, 12:26 AM #52 of 54
Well, it's finally here. Fate/Stay Night's getting dubbed! Wahoo!

http://www.animenation.com/12871.html

Can't find who the American VAs are though. But if Geneon's doing it, I don't think they'll screw it up.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Vexe
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 9904

Level 3.09

Jul 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 10:16 PM #53 of 54
Fate is a very interesting series, I really hope they create a Fate/Hollow Ataraxia anime. Stay night just ended so sudden and didn't explain anything about many things, for example Archer's past, what his real name is and why he wasn't very happy being summoned...

Spoiler:
The heroes don't neccessarily have to be from the past. And Archer's real name is Shirou Emiya.

Most amazing jew boots
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 07:39 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 04:39 PM #54 of 54
A Fate/Hollow Ataraxia anime would be kind of boring. I'd rather an OAV based on Heaven's Feel, since that one's pretty action packed and f'd up.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Fate/Stay Night - TV Series