Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Ouran High School Host Club

lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 10:21 PM #51 of 102
my friend recently got me hooked on this series
its really good i love the play of shounen Ai (gay twin brothers weeee ><; in it
i downloaded all 13 episodes (thinking it was a short series) and its still has episodes

thank god this season of anime been either too serious or too fruity

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 06:32 AM Local time: Jul 4, 2006, 09:32 PM #52 of 102
New episode! Haruhi in Wonderland and it is win. The arrows are back too.

Screen shots ahoy!

Spoiler:
The twins as the Cheshire Cat.

Kyouya as the Caterpillar.

Renge as the Duchess.

Nekozawa's sister all grown up. o.O Fan service HO!

The Mad Hatters Table.

And new Ouran means a new avatar!

I liked the ep, it was a lot deeper than it first seemed to be, had bananas, arrows, Nekozawa and Renge. I think the only downside was Haruhi with the long hair.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2006, 01:21 PM #53 of 102
RE: Episode Thirteen

Spoiler:
Call me a downer but I didn't laugh once this episode, and thought that it was actually kind of boring. Maybe it's the tone the anime's set so far, and maybe it was my expectations for this episode... I dunno.

There were a few good points. Of course, seeing the Club in a new set of costumes was good... We did get some valuable Haruhi insights at the end.

I hope future episodes are able to mesh the funnier and more serious moments better than this.

I was speaking idiomatically.
kouri
*sighhh*

Member 2025

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 09:58 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2006, 12:58 PM #54 of 102
does anyone know what the piano piece played by tamaki is called in episode 15

?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 05:01 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 09:01 PM #55 of 102
Has Lunar stopped subbing Ouran or something?

FELIPE NO
www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

Bishounen Bitch
Pooped

Member 2130

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 05:23 AM #56 of 102
I thought the same thing, but when I went to Lunar's forum I found out that the translating for the series is on hold while the guy who does it finishes moving.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:40 AM #57 of 102
Does anyone know the song Haruhi lip-syncs in episode 19? Would be even better if someone could host it .

Most amazing jew boots

oh my gawddd
razakin
._.

Member 989

Level 5.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:51 AM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 01:51 PM #58 of 102
Originally Posted by Greykin
Does anyone know the song Haruhi lip-syncs in episode 19? Would be even better if someone could host it .
According to Wikipedia, it's Chieco Kawabe's Little Wing from her brilliance album. Maybe that helps something. Weird that it's not included in the soundtracks.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
TheFrenchLlama
'Pictures of Tohno-kun's sleeping face!'

Member 3851

Level 3.31

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 12:41 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 09:41 AM #59 of 102
lol~

Fredrick-sama~

Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:41 PM #60 of 102
Originally Posted by TheFrenchLlama
lol~

Fredrick-sama~
lol daikon.

----

http://www.reisei-sa.net/kawabe/discography.html

HOORAY! Thanks for the info razakin, I found the song on this site , along with the rest of her stuff lol.

oh my gawddd
tsuchiiru
~eh?

Member 2909

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 04:05 AM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 05:05 PM #61 of 102
etou.. does anyone know if the piece tamaki played in episode 15 and in episode 24 are the same? ^________^

the title would help, too. X3

i lost my copy of episode 15, so i can't remember. >___>;

How ya doing, buddy?
time flies like an arrow. fruit flies like a banana. XD

Last edited by tsuchiiru; Sep 25, 2006 at 04:56 AM.
joeymui
hime sama

Member 454

Level 16.99

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 06:24 AM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 09:24 PM #62 of 102
tsuchiiru-kun ^^. chigau, the song tamaki played in episode 15 was a much faster pace one which sounds more like the 1st movement of some sonata and the one in ep 24 sounds like a nocturne or some serenade. Don't ask me for the title tho as I can't recall them. They are both definitely not in the OST 1, perhaps in OST 2, but I haven't checked.

JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 01:07 PM #63 of 102
Yay! Host Club! Someone tried getting me interested in the series by selling it as "yaoi" when explaining it to me. I was like, "uh, ok?" But of course after seeing it and finding out it was more just funny, I loved it. XD Sadly I've only seen up to episode... 18, I believe. Argh.

Tamaki's definitely a favorite character of mine. The twins are amusing. I like Kyouya too, but I haven't quite been able to put my finger on why.

I was absolutely thrilled when I found out that Maaya Sakamoto was voicing Haruhi. But... I'm sad she hasn't done any songs for the series. I was hoping I'd find one, given their are some image songs about.

FELIPE NO
Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 04:14 PM #64 of 102
Episode 25:
Spoiler:
Well, that was rather interesting, a dramatic episode indeed. Oh, and like, Haruhi, she was actually jealous? Why would she be jealous exactly? Like, the entire series she didn't seem to over enjoy Tamaki's presence and stuff

Anywho, I can't wait to see the final episode, it seems like it'll conclude well. I'm having that crappy feeling I have though, reaching the end of a wonderful series, sorta like watching Love Hina and Azumanga end, so depressing ;_; !

oh my gawddd
ZeroDivide
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 13267

Level 1.02

Sep 2006

Old Sep 30, 2006, 01:31 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 10:31 PM #65 of 102
sadly the series is now over but lets hope there is a season 2 for it.. happened to be one of my favorite animes for sure.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bishounen Bitch
Pooped

Member 2130

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 09:07 PM #66 of 102
I'm crushed that it's over. Granted, I've still got several other series to keep up with but when I think about it they were more like fillers to kill time between Ouran episodes.

It was a fantastic, edge of your seat finale, though. It was just over too soon... *devastated*

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 09:10 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 09:10 PM #67 of 102
I'm kind of dissapointed that the whole club didn't end, or even that it closed with it moving on to a new stage of Host Club with Honey and Mori graduated and whoever filling in their spots. If nothing's changed by the end of the show it's kind of pointless.

Still, it was a good finale.

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 06:57 PM #68 of 102
I just saw the final episode today, and I'm actually disappointed that the series is over. I started it a few weeks after the premiere of the first episode when a friend mentioned how entertaining it was. I didn't expect to see some serious moments during the anime though, but I enjoyed how each character had their own episode.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:08 PM #69 of 102
Aww, Ouran. <3

I heard the manga's still ongoing, and new characters are introduced, probably because of Honey and Mori graduating. I hope they do another series! =o

I was speaking idiomatically.
ZeroDivide
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 13267

Level 1.02

Sep 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:55 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2006, 09:55 PM #70 of 102
Originally Posted by a lurker
Aww, Ouran. <3

I heard the manga's still ongoing, and new characters are introduced, probably because of Honey and Mori graduating. I hope they do another series! =o
well since the manga is ongoing there should be a season 2 but that will be after death note :doh: and death note will most likely be a long show like bleach or naruto..(maybe not naruto since naruto is going to like episode 300 or so)

i can wait as long as 2-3 years for this series though.. i love it

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 02:20 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 02:20 AM #71 of 102
Another thing the finale was sorely missing was a reaction from Grandma. I hated that bitch, and it would've been great to see her face get swallowed into her cunt when she got the metaphorical finger.

So much lack of closure.

And what about the twins? You've still got an awful sort of love triangle going on. This series badly needs a follow-up.

FELIPE NO
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 03:24 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 06:24 PM #72 of 102
Originally Posted by Bishounen Bitch
I'm crushed that it's over. Granted, I've still got several other series to keep up with but when I think about it they were more like fillers to kill time between Ouran episodes.

It was a fantastic, edge of your seat finale, though. It was just over too soon... *devastated*
Yeah, I'm sort of disappointed. I just finished watching Ouran, Air Gear, Zero and Honey & Clover, all series that I really enjoyed, so now I need to fish aroud for some of the new stuff on the way out.

When the manga gets further ahead I'd like to see a 2nd season of Ouran though.

I hate it when a very good season finishes.

Bishounen Bitch
Pooped

Member 2130

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:29 AM #73 of 102
Originally Posted by HazelGuy
I just finished watching Ouran, Air Gear, Zero and Honey & Clover(...)
Shoot! How did I miss the final episode release? Well, I'll just have to wait until this evening to watch it. *sighs* There goes another series.

If you're looking for something new I can recommend Bokura ga Ita. It's high school romance and it's painfully realistic. The character design takes some getting used to but the storyline is solid.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:45 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 08:45 PM #74 of 102
Originally Posted by Bishounen Bitch
Shoot! How did I miss the final episode release? Well, I'll just have to wait until this evening to watch it. *sighs* There goes another series.

If you're looking for something new I can recommend Bokura ga Ita. It's high school romance and it's painfully realistic. The character design takes some getting used to but the storyline is solid.
I'll give it a shot, though hopefully it doesn't take itself too seriously. The best part of H&C was that whenever it started being serious Morita started being an idiot.

The last episode of Ouran though was goddamn classy. It had a bit of everything and the part about
Spoiler:
Kyouya buying out his father's company after being such a dick to him
was awesome.

I'm sorely tempted to start reading the manga. How far has it been released translated so far and is it a good enough job that its worth getting, or should I go for scanlations?

How ya doing, buddy?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 07:21 PM #75 of 102
The word that does come to mine when realizing that OHHC has come to a close is tragedy. I was very surprised at how serious and effective they managed to make the last two episodes, especially with all the fruity costume bits and Haruhi's dad present. A couple of things confused me at the end, even with the scenes in the credits and explaining most of it:

Spoiler:

1) So Kyouya himself was theoretically richer than the Tonerre company could afford?
2) All this talk about Honey and Mori's graduation I take it happened in the manga?

I also loved the symbolism thrown in with Eclair at the end:
Spoiler:
She "sees" clearly now, dropping the opera binoculars, after realizing what kind of person Tamaki truly is.

Very touching

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Ouran High School Host Club