Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Avatar (2009) - BZ wants your nub

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 02:17 AM Local time: May 1, 2009, 02:17 AM #1 of 125
Avatar (2009) - BZ wants your nub

This movie is finally coming December 18th after like 6 years in development, but no teaser or trailer as of yet. Estimated 300 million dollar budget. Not surprising since he broke budget records I think with The Abyss, Terminator 2, True Lies and Titanic I believe.

Apparently its supposed to revolutionize the 3D movie experience with his own 3D stereoscopic camera. This shows the camera- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2squ9HDuBeI

Basically no one has seen any film of yet, although one director has:

Exclusive: Soderbergh Gives Avatar High Praise - ComingSoon.net

Quote:
"In the future, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture.
Quote:
"Avatar is also an emotional journey of redemption and revolution. It is the story of a wounded ex-marine, thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in biodiversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival," and "We're creating an entire world, a complete ecosystem of phantasmagorical plants and creatures, and a native people with a rich culture and language."
James Horner will also reunite with Cameron for the score.

There is even an Avatar MMORPG developed by Ubisoft that they say is coming in December, but we will see.

I love sci-fi and his movies in particular. It is going to be good. The question is just how good.

Most amazing jew boots
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 02:19 AM 4 #2 of 125
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BRIAN%7E1.BHO/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
Preserving this for posterity

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2009, 02:23 AM Local time: May 1, 2009, 02:23 AM #3 of 125
Wow stalk me why don't you. I don't even know how that got in there. I will let you slide though since you like Breaking Bad.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:22 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2009, 02:22 AM #4 of 125
Official Avatar Movie site | In Cinemas December 18th Worldwide

Damn this movie is slow on the news front. Apparently Aug 21st is the first screening in selected theatres. 15 minutes of footage for free.

Comic-Con: James Cameron's Avatar High-Res Na'vi and Trailer Date | TheHDRoom

Nice looking Na'vi there.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2009, 04:11 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2009, 11:11 AM #5 of 125
I wonder how much of the movie rides on the 3D thing. 3D is not that big a deal here in Denmark. Actually, I only know of a single place that do it. I don't know how it is for the rest of the world, but I'd be pretty damn sad if it looks like shit or just plain boring in a regular cinema...

I was speaking idiomatically.

Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Jul 25, 2009, 10:39 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2009, 04:39 PM #6 of 125
It's a shame 3D cinemas might speed up pushing out traditional film projectors since film prints are still higher definition (they just require more training of projectionists which wont happen...)

But hopefully this is the film that moves 3D from a gimmick to something that actually uses the 3D to tell the story as opposed to it just being, but until it does that, it's just another gimmick. For instance, for those who saw Up in 3D did it make a difference in how you perceived the story versus watching the 2D film print? I'm guessing not, but I haven't seen it, so I could be wrong. But I suppose moving pictures were also a gimmick back in the day, so I'm on the fence.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:01 AM #7 of 125
Oh great, this is in 3D too? What's with this sudden resurgence in popularity for the use of 3D? Out of nowhere every other movie seems to be using it now. Sure it can look pretty nice, but it's a pain in the ass trying to balance two pairs of glasses on my face.

Originally Posted by Timberwolf8889
For instance, for those who saw Up in 3D did it make a difference in how you perceived the story versus watching the 2D film print?
Not really, no. I only saw it in 3D because I had no choice in my area. I'll give Up credit for not using 3D in the usual shock ways, so it was interesting how it gave a bit more depth to characters. Not a big difference though, and I would've been happy to pay $3-4 less and not have to spend the whole movie fiddling with those glasses. Hopefully it won't be long before they send this gimmick back into non-use.

FELIPE NO
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:23 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2009, 12:23 AM #8 of 125
Well, it's pretty much impractical to pirate 3D movies, and I seriously doubt most people have 3D televisions or monitors capable of viewing it properly.

So, I'd wager you'll be seeing more, and not less, of 3D movies...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:44 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:44 PM #9 of 125
From what I heard, Avatar will most likely get a three month IMAX run.

And the teaser trailer is finally here.

Apple - Trailers - James Cameron's Avatar

Is anyone seeing the 15 minute screening today in IMAX? Apparently, people who have on imdb say the 2d trailer fucks up the movie and doesn't do it justice? However, they are probably just on an emotional high and many people on the site are just fucked up to begin with.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:37 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2009, 08:37 PM #10 of 125
I saw the trailer a while ago and I'm honestly not impressed with what I saw.

I still want to see it, and I want to see it on the big screen. I don't feel that the new teaser trailer did the film any sort of justice. The story does seem a tad bit cliche; someone compared it to Dances with Wolves, but with mecha and aliens on a jungle planet. Whatever.

I'm reserving judgment until the movie's released, although I'm far more interested in Cameron's suspected Battle Angel Alita live-action adaptation he's supposed to be working on after Avatar.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:03 PM Local time: Oct 31, 2009, 11:03 PM #11 of 125
The Search for the "Avatar" Hype

The first big mainstream push is tomorrow on the Biggest hd screen in the world at the Cowboys-Seahawks game. Apparently, 3.5 minute trailer. The only trailer released prior was the 60 second teaser.

I guess you can see it before on the internet, but I'll catch it tomorrow.

Randi
You may be a sinner but your innocence is mine

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:21 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2009, 09:21 PM 1 1 #12 of 125
I just checked out the trailer and I can't say I'm terribly excited for this movie to come out. I've never been much into kid's movies, myself.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2009, 06:54 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2009, 06:54 PM #13 of 125
Sir, sarcasm is not very detectable with text. Throw a smiley in there or something.

Kyndig
Syklis Green

Member 2709

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:16 AM #14 of 125
Obviously nothing too interesting to offer as far as the plot goes but the special effects are looking pretty spectacular. Is it coming out in 3D, because that would definitely seal the deal for me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:51 AM 1 #15 of 125
You've not looked very far into this have you, Kyndig?

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Kyndig
Syklis Green

Member 2709

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:27 AM #16 of 125
I've watched the trailer, which pretty much divulges the plot in it's entirety. Though perhaps you refer to me not knowing whether or not it's in 3D. I have vague recollection of someone saying something about that being the whole bloody point, but I could be wrong.

Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:58 AM #17 of 125
Here, have a wiki article.

Avatar (2009 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:58 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2009, 12:58 PM #18 of 125
This will be a pretty rad digital vacation but it's not the hard sci-fi I was expecting when I first heard that Cameron was creating a new language for an alien race. I was expecting the aliens to be more alien and not just cat people.

Sigourney Weaver is still a fine lookin lady tho

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2009, 01:12 PM #19 of 125
You've not looked very far into this have you, Kyndig?
Its James Cameron doing a goddamned Halo movie. The End.

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 15, 2009, 02:38 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2009, 02:38 PM #20 of 125
Those exosuits are pretty clearly appropriated from the mobile armors in Matrix: Revolutions. For spending so much time creating a gorgeous alien world they didn't put any thought into making Human technology feel fresh or interesting.

It's Starship Troopers invades Battlefield Earth.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 04:57 PM #21 of 125
Ferngully 2 was awful.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Kyndig
Syklis Green

Member 2709

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2009, 08:19 PM #22 of 125
Its James Cameron doing a goddamned Halo movie. The End.
We shall debate this further over some L4D2.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2009, 09:32 AM Local time: Nov 16, 2009, 04:32 PM #23 of 125
I wonder how much of the movie rides on the 3D thing. 3D is not that big a deal here in Denmark. Actually, I only know of a single place that do it. I don't know how it is for the rest of the world, but I'd be pretty damn sad if it looks like shit or just plain boring in a regular cinema...
This just in! Or rather a couple of days ago: It will be shown in Digital 3D at Palads and BioCity Århus/Odense/Randers/Aalborg.

I ordered 3 tickets for December 17.

FELIPE NO
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:35 PM #24 of 125
We shall debate this further over some L4D2.
You were all I AIN'T GETTING L4D2 BECAUSE OF MODERN COCKFARE 2 AND YOU DON'T LIKE THAT GAME AND HAHAHAHAHA I'M EATING A DELICIOUS TURKEY SANDWICH NOW YOU BOWL OF FAGGOTS HAHAHAHA.

(I look forward to playing you in it. The L4D2 demo was both harder than expected and more rewarding at the same time.)

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:17 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2009, 07:17 PM 6 #25 of 125
Early Buzz: James Cameron's 'Avatar' - Cinematical

Quote:
While the official Avatar Day took place back in August, the unofficial Avatar Day is today, as critics from across the country (and in London) will be seeing James Cameron's Avatar for the first time, one week before its official debut. As I write this, the film's premiere is getting underway in London and the first press screenings are letting out. The London critics had to sign a piece of paper promising not to review the film until Monday, but with so many screenings here in the states, it's a bit sketchy as to what precautions are being taken here. Needless to say, reactions are beginning to pour onto the web. Will Avatar really change the way we watch movies? Let's take a look ...

"... the terrible film that some had been anticipating had not materialised. It was good ... There is, though, a certain amount of suspension of disbelief needed when watching Avatar. Cynics might sneer at the plot ... There is more shock and awe in this movie than almost any other." - The Guardian

"Everything feels real. It's as if Cameron has happened upon this alien world and got his camera out ... It is overwhelming, and that is because you are emotionally tied up in the characters and the story ... James Cameron has described his new filming process as "emotion capture". And it's a boast he lives up to." -- The Sun

One critic who wished to remain anonymous for now: "Was not as thrilled by Avatar as my colleagues; eye-popping visuals, but story is Dances w/Wolves + District 9; I preferred District 9."

From Twitter:

@petershall: "The AVATAR buzz is an understatement. That movie was unbelievable."

@dmann11: "Holy effing crap!!! Avatar was FREAKING AWESOME KICK ASS SWEET!!!!!"

@TheGate: "For the record 'Avatar' was worth the $400 million, and no it is not even remotely "vomit inducing".

@gholson: "Spectacular. A visual feast and the new benchmark in cinematic world building."

@chasewhale: "Just finished AVATAR. Special effects were top notch. The movie ran a little long for my likings but I liked it!"

@comingsoonnet" "Okay, about Avatar?.... WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! Unbelievable... amazing."

@MikePereira21: Was blown away by Avatar! For 150 minutes, I was a kid again. Thank you James Cameron! BTW, the groundbreaking 3D was mindblowing."

@rejects: "I'm not supposed to talk about Avatar... That said, it was a spectacular experience. Like nothing I've seen before."

More after the jump ...

@markwalters74: "Just saw AVATAR. Not allowed to talk about it yet. Not allowed to say how it's an amazing visual feast, or that Jimmy C's still got the gift."

@massawyrm: "So I just got back from a movie. It was pretty great...if by pretty great I mean OMFGHOLYF**KINGSH*TOMGOMGOMG. Because that's what it was ... Oh, and if I hear one more "Dances with Wolves" joke I'm gonna throw up in my mouth. Has no one seen DUNE? Because this was DUNE. In a good way ...You have officially been to your last Con in which blue people, spoken Navi and the word "hometree" were absent."

@firstshowing: James Cameron is a freakin' genius! I can't say much but wow, I loved it. #Avatar was phenomenal, pretty much blew me away

@DrewAtHitFix: I think the most accurate way to say it would be OMFGOMFGOMFG. Or words that effect. #avatar

@EDouglasWW: I'll take my chances with Fox legal.... Avatar was amazing, I loved it!

@rejects It's impossible to say that something is a "gamechanger" or that it will "redefine" movies. But I can say that I've seen something I've never seen before. And that I've seen something that shows the potential for the craft of filmmaking in this new century.

@sizemore So *that* was James Cameron's AVATAR. Holy f**king f**k.

@JonTT Avatar = outstanding. Really. Truly. See it. Soon.

@slashfilm I'm not allowed to say anythng about what I thought of Avatar, but saw it in a screening room with neill blomkamp, who didn't sign an NDA. He loved it... I will say this, it's hard to disagree with Neil

@LarsenOnFilm First Impression: Avatar. Stronger story than I expected, amazing visuals. Still no need for 3-D though. Full review next week.

@simonpegg Avatar ........................ tweetless. Just tweetless in the best possible way.

@johndollin Such a small word to describe a huge film 'EPIC', I entered a dream and didn't want to return. 3D just made it all the more real.
First impressions look very very amazing.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Avatar (2009) - BZ wants your nub